Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Eric Wright And His Trail Of Trouble « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3

BucBalla85

Hall of Famer

#15 : November 01, 2012, 07:14:47 PM

So if he doesn't make some kind of impression by the end of the season add him to the list.

Dolorous Jason

Hall of Famer

#16 : November 01, 2012, 07:19:43 PM

Any word yet on if Wright will officially be suspended ??

What is your point? I was wrong? Ok. You win. I was wrong.

Rusty

Hall of Famer
#17 : November 01, 2012, 07:48:50 PM

Tick tock Eric, you are on the clock. AMF one way or the other. I'm sure the Bucs lawyers are working overtime. The Bucs have Wright on a bike so when they release him, there is no injury settlement. Next year, Blount & Trueblood aree gone too, maybe for a couple of low round picks. Hell, maybe can get a total of four picks for Talib, Wright, Trueblood & Blount. BTW, I am not so sure Davin Joseph is secure. I really do believe Bob Bostad will be reworking this line for the next few years and pick one or two guys off each year until we have a dominate, run first team that can consistintely run the ball. The only sacred cow I see long term is Carl Nicks, even Penn is Not For Long.

\'Every day above ground is a good day\'

TampaBucks05

Hall of Famer
#18 : November 01, 2012, 08:03:17 PM

Im going to be sad to see Blount go Rusty, but I agree, his Buc days are numbered. He's not the right type of RB for this offense, especially when you consider his should-be role in this offense, a hard-hitting short-yardage back.

However, I don't think you're right about Davin Joseph. His strength has been a road-grading run blocker. Why would Bostad look to replace him? He's had a probowl career here in Tampa and is a great fit for the type of offense Schiano and Sullivan want to run. His only issue the past couple years has been satying healthy. I predict that the Bucs will keep their O-line in tact next season, but I do think Dominik will look to add some quality depth behind it, very similarly to the D-line. Positions of emphasis will obviously be both guard positions, since there are the  obvious looming injury concerns.
: November 01, 2012, 08:13:24 PM TampaBucks05

GoldsonAges

Hall of Famer

#19 : November 01, 2012, 08:05:46 PM

Tick tock Eric, you are on the clock. AMF one way or the other. I'm sure the Bucs lawyers are working overtime. The Bucs have Wright on a bike so when they release him, there is no injury settlement. Next year, Blount & Trueblood aree gone too, maybe for a couple of low round picks. Hell, maybe can get a total of four picks for Talib, Wright, Trueblood & Blount. BTW, I am not so sure Davin Joseph is secure. I really do believe Bob Bostad will be reworking this line for the next few years and pick one or two guys off each year until we have a dominate, run first team that can consistintely run the ball. The only sacred cow I see long term is Carl Nicks, even Penn is Not For Long.

I hope you are right about everything........especially the part about building a dominating Oline. If he can get the resources from the FO, that dominant Oline would transform this offense into what I have always wanted. We are not that far off right now. Penn, Nicks, and Z are set. We need RG, and RT, and then we need to start to build depth. Not just depth that can come in and do okay if the starters go down, but depth that will eventually be starting.........quality players, not garbage heap pick-offs.

Thanks for this post. There is hope for the future.

Mike Glennon
6\' 7\" 220 pounds.
6\' 6\" 210
6\' 5\" 200
6\' 4\" 190 6\' 3\" 180 6\' 2\" 170 6\' 1\" 160  6\' 0\" 150 How does he compare to your favorite QB?

Rusty

Hall of Famer
#20 : November 01, 2012, 08:46:27 PM

I hope you are right about everything........especially the part about building a dominating Oline. If he can get the resources from the FO, that dominant Oline would transform this offense into what I have always wanted. We are not that far off right now. Penn, Nicks, and Z are set. We need RG, and RT, and then we need to start to build depth. Not just depth that can come in and do okay if the starters go down, but depth that will eventually be starting.........quality players, not garbage heap pick-offs.

Thanks for this post. There is hope for the future.

Absolutely my pleasure. I really believe Bostad is the future of this offense.

Rusty

Hall of Famer
#21 : November 01, 2012, 08:48:56 PM

Im going to be sad to see Blount go Rusty, but I agree, his Buc days are numbered. He's not the right type of RB for this offense, especially when you consider his should-be role in this offense, a hard-hitting short-yardage back.

However, I don't think you're right about Davin Joseph. His strength has been a road-grading run blocker. Why would Bostad look to replace him? He's had a probowl career here in Tampa and is a great fit for the type of offense Schiano and Sullivan want to run. His only issue the past couple years has been satying healthy. I predict that the Bucs will keep their O-line in tact next season, but I do think Dominik will look to add some quality depth behind it, very similarly to the D-line. Positions of emphasis will obviously be both guard positions, since there are the  obvious looming injury concerns.

I agree with you about Joseph short term but when you add up his injuryy history, age and salary, that doesn't bode  well for Joseph  long term.

ryan24

Hall of Famer

#22 : November 01, 2012, 08:51:39 PM

With Talib gone, will Wright be next? Too much $$$ tied up in his salary?

Wright's not going anywhere at his salary.

Talib was tradeable. Wright wasn't.

Its not uncommon for a player to be traded with a restructured contract.

Who's going to restructure it?

Happy and Peppy and Bursting with love.

ryan24

Hall of Famer

#23 : November 01, 2012, 08:53:44 PM

I read somewhere that there are usually clauses in big money contracts that protect a club from financial commitments and salary cap penalties when a player makes a mistake like Eric Wright has made, similar to preformance clauses or Donald Penn's infamous 'weight clause'. I highly doubt Mark Dominik didn't include these sort of clauses in Eric Wright's contract since he is a player with a checkered past.

There is specific language in  the drug policies which state that a club may not add to a players penalty over what is written in the policy(s). So you read something that is not accurate. If the Bucs choose to cut Eric Wright, they have to pay his guarantees and is very unlikely.

GoldsonAges

Hall of Famer

#24 : November 01, 2012, 08:54:10 PM

The main issue with Joseoph is his lack of anchor. No matter how good a downfield run blocker he is, it's hard to compete in the NFL with no anchor at all.

Mike Glennon
6\' 7\" 220 pounds.
6\' 6\" 210
6\' 5\" 200
6\' 4\" 190 6\' 3\" 180 6\' 2\" 170 6\' 1\" 160  6\' 0\" 150 How does he compare to your favorite QB?

TampaBucks05

Hall of Famer
#25 : November 01, 2012, 09:00:32 PM

I agree with you about Joseph short term but when you add up his injuryy history, age and salary, that doesn't bode  well for Joseph  long term.

Thats true, which is why I think they will go and find quality depth this off-season and maybe invest a couple mid-round draft choices for developental players along the O-line. But you won't find much youth in FA because of all the RFA rules from the current CBA and I don't think the Bucs will be spending a high draft pick to snag a young quality O-lineman with all the holes in the defensive backfiled. You'd have to think, if Ronde retires this year and we part ways with Wright (I don't doubt Shiano - Accountability) thats 2 starting CBs and a Starting Saftey. The Bucs may spend their first three draft choices on DBs.

TampaBucks05

Hall of Famer
#26 : November 01, 2012, 09:03:20 PM

The main issue with Joseoph is his lack of anchor. No matter how good a downfield run blocker he is, it's hard to compete in the NFL with no anchor at all.

No anchor at all? Thats a pretty bold statement your making about a Pro-Bowl OL. He might not have the best anchor but Davin Joesph has a pretty good one, he excels in run-blocking was my point.

ryan24

Hall of Famer

#27 : November 01, 2012, 09:10:43 PM

Thats true, which is why I think they will go and find quality depth this off-season and maybe invest a couple mid-round draft choices for developental players along the O-line. But you won't find much youth in FA because of all the RFA rules from the current CBA and I don't think the Bucs will be spending a high draft pick to snag a young quality O-lineman with all the holes in the defensive backfiled. You'd have to think, if Ronde retires this year and we part ways with Wright (I don't doubt Shiano - Accountability) thats 2 starting CBs and a Starting Saftey. The Bucs may spend their first three draft choices on DBs.

I doubt Wright will be let go as he is earning too much money. No one knows what Barber is going to do but he may hang around for another year and he's not going to hang around to "mentor" guys from the sidelines. IOW....if he's on the roster he's starting. It's also possible that Ahmad Black may be considered as the starting FS as Biggs pointed out to me elsewhere that he played half the snaps on Thursday with Barber in the slot. So the Bucs apparently have a lot of faith in him.

At this point the first pick would almost assuredly be a CB. After that it gets a bit dicier. The Bucs have not drafted for depth on the OL in a number of years. Now whether a 2nd or 3rd round pick should be used for depth I'm not sure but if the right guy is there, the Bucs may use a pick that high on the OL....in addition to grabbing another OL later on in the draft along with a 2nd CB, maybe a Safety and DL help.

Let's not forget that the Bucs were looking at Keith Tandy as a potential FS as well and Anthony Gaitor may be someone who can be looked at for help at CB.

TampaBucks05

Hall of Famer
#28 : November 01, 2012, 09:19:42 PM

With Talib gone, will Wright be next? Too much $$$ tied up in his salary?

Wright's not going anywhere at his salary.

Talib was tradeable. Wright wasn't.

Its not uncommon for a player to be traded with a restructured contract.

Who's going to restructure it?

Depending on what clauses are in his current contract, specifically ones that pertain to player conduct, he may be forced to restructure a contract with the Bucs or he could simply be released. Looking at his history with the Jackson, Winslow, and Talib situations, there's no reason to believe Schiano wouldn't just unload the guy. Trust, Belief, Accountability. Those are the core beliefs. Of course we all have to wait until he gets a chance to appeal the suspension, but it seems like Wright has proven he is not a Buccaneers man. And it looks like thats all it comes down to with this coach.
: November 01, 2012, 09:22:03 PM TampaBucks05

Rusty

Hall of Famer
#29 : November 01, 2012, 09:27:28 PM

Too much history on Wright's side and Schiano has shown there are NO exceptions, so at the appropriate time and when it fits, Wright is a goner.

Page: 1 2 3
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Eric Wright And His Trail Of Trouble « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools