Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Eric Wright And His Trail Of Trouble « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3

TampaBucks05

Hall of Famer
#30 : November 01, 2012, 09:28:42 PM

I doubt Wright will be let go as he is earning too much money. No one knows what Barber is going to do but he may hang around for another year and he's not going to hang around to "mentor" guys from the sidelines. IOW....if he's on the roster he's starting. It's also possible that Ahmad Black may be considered as the starting FS as Biggs pointed out to me elsewhere that he played half the snaps on Thursday with Barber in the slot. So the Bucs apparently have a lot of faith in him.

At this point the first pick would almost assuredly be a CB. After that it gets a bit dicier. The Bucs have not drafted for depth on the OL in a number of years. Now whether a 2nd or 3rd round pick should be used for depth I'm not sure but if the right guy is there, the Bucs may use a pick that high on the OL....in addition to grabbing another OL later on in the draft along with a 2nd CB, maybe a Safety and DL help.

Let's not forget that the Bucs were looking at Keith Tandy as a potential FS as well and Anthony Gaitor may be someone who can be looked at for help at CB.

I agree with your assesment on Barber. And you're right. I mean, it looks like plenty of players are going to get their shot. I mean look at Leonard Johnson last week against Minnesota, if he keeps it up bam, there's a hole right there that goes away. If some of these other players, Biggers, Tandy, Black, Grimm, Lewis, step up big time then everything changes and we are picking OL with our first or second choice.

ryan24

Hall of Famer

#31 : November 01, 2012, 09:30:34 PM

Depending on what clauses are in his current contract, specifically ones that pertain to player conduct, he may be forced to restructure a contract with the Bucs or he could simply be released. Looking at his history with the Jackson, Winslow, and Talib situations, there's no reason to believe Schiano wouldn't just unload the guy. Trust, Belief, Accountability. Those are the core beliefs. Of course we all have to wait until he gets a chance to appeal the suspension, but it seems like Wright has proven he is not a Buccaneers man. And it looks like thats all it comes down to with this coach.

You cannot put a personal conduct clause in a players contract other than what is written into all contracts.....and no...this isn't the same thing as Penn's weight clause which is permitted. Violations of the drug policy fall under the drug policy portion of the player contract and a team may not release a player for failing a test and expect not to pay him what he is due. If the Bucs choose to release Wright they can do so but they must pay him his guarantees. He cannot be "forced" to do anything. The Bucs have not released any player they owed any significant money to.
: November 01, 2012, 09:34:09 PM ryan24

Happy and Peppy and Bursting with love.

TampaBucks05

Hall of Famer
#32 : November 01, 2012, 09:35:07 PM

You cannot put a personal conduct clause in a players contract other than what is written into all contracts.....and no...this isn't the same thing as Penn's weight clause which is permitted. If the Bucs choose to release Wright they can do so but they must pay him his guarantees. He cannot be "forced" to do anything.

Im not a GM and I don't know it all so maybe 'clause' is the wrong word. But I've read and heard that Wright's behavior may have negated a lot of money he was 'guaranteed' and scheduled to earn. So lets say it was 'written into his contract'.

ryan24

Hall of Famer

#33 : November 01, 2012, 09:44:33 PM

You cannot put a personal conduct clause in a players contract other than what is written into all contracts.....and no...this isn't the same thing as Penn's weight clause which is permitted. If the Bucs choose to release Wright they can do so but they must pay him his guarantees. He cannot be "forced" to do anything.

Im not a GM and I don't know it all so maybe 'clause' is the wrong word. But I've read and heard that Wright's behavior may have negated a lot of money he was 'guaranteed' and scheduled to earn. So lets say it was 'written into his contract'.

Unless there is something we don't know, Eric Wright allegedly has violated the Steroid policy. That policy has defined punishments outlined along with language which states that clubs may not add on to those penalties for the player. So....no....the NFL would not permit the Bucs to release Eric Wright without paying his guarantees. No matter what you call it, there is no wording that can be written into an NFL players contract which constitutes personal conduct beyond standard language.

Happy and Peppy and Bursting with love.

The Anti-Java

Hall of Famer

#34 : November 01, 2012, 09:47:31 PM

You may be speaking of incentives he won't be earning.

sig pic by chace1986

PewterReportMC....
\\\\\\\"Java, do you understand this a perfect example of why people beg me to suspend or ban you on a daily basis? Are you actually trying to make a point? Seriously what is the reason for even commenting. In fact why do you even bother coming to the boards? What happened to the intelligent poster from years ago?  A real shame. Like the Bucs yesterday, a wasted effort.\\\\\\\"

TampaBucks05

Hall of Famer
#35 : November 27, 2012, 04:49:37 PM

Depending on what clauses are in his current contract, specifically ones that pertain to player conduct, he may be forced to restructure a contract with the Bucs or he could simply be released. Looking at his history with the Jackson, Winslow, and Talib situations, there's no reason to believe Schiano wouldn't just unload the guy. Trust, Belief, Accountability. Those are the core beliefs. Of course we all have to wait until he gets a chance to appeal the suspension, but it seems like Wright has proven he is not a Buccaneers man. And it looks like thats all it comes down to with this coach.

You cannot put a personal conduct clause in a players contract other than what is written into all contracts.....and no...this isn't the same thing as Penn's weight clause which is permitted. Violations of the drug policy fall under the drug policy portion of the player contract and a team may not release a player for failing a test and expect not to pay him what he is due. If the Bucs choose to release Wright they can do so but they must pay him his guarantees. He cannot be "forced" to do anything. The Bucs have not released any player they owed any significant money to.

Well, I guess you can. And they did.

http://www.buccaneers101.com/2012/11/26/eric-wrights-suspension-means-his-days-with-the-tampa-bay-buccaneers-are-likely-over/
: November 27, 2012, 04:59:37 PM TampaBucks05

Page: 1 2 3
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Eric Wright And His Trail Of Trouble « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools