Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Talib and 7th rounder traded to New England for a 2013 4th round pick « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 ... 13

DefenseWins

Hall of Famer

#30 : November 01, 2012, 04:26:08 PM

Talib you jerk! You could have been so good here! Ugh. I agree with the decision. If they knew he was finished here, wise to get something before his contract runs out in a few months. 

It is a new day in TAMPA BAY!    GO BUCS!!

BucfanNC12

Pro Bowler

#31 : November 01, 2012, 04:27:29 PM

I hope it is more than a 7th round pick. Talib on this team for the rest of the year is worth more than a 7th round pick imo.

+1. It would be very dumb to trade him only for a 7th.

Naismith

Hall of Famer
#32 : November 01, 2012, 04:28:07 PM

Crossing my fingers that Duemig is correct.

There\'s a very real chance the Bucs waive [Revis] before next season. At the very least, it will be a discussion worth having.

Bschucher

Hall of Famer
#33 : November 01, 2012, 04:28:16 PM

I hope it is more than a 7th round pick. Talib on this team for the rest of the year is worth more than a 7th round pick imo.

They GET NOTHING when they dont re-sign him this off season.

bucs4eva

Pro Bowler

#34 : November 01, 2012, 04:29:28 PM

A 7th rounder is RARELY more than nothing. You have to get real lucky to hit on a player that late

usmc-buc

Pro Bowler
#35 : November 01, 2012, 04:29:35 PM

Feels like we packed it in for the Season. I don't have a problem with thats, hopefully Freeman and DM 22 don't get killed behind this o-line.

Lets see if we can go 500, land some extra draft picks, get healthy, learn the system and kick some serious ass next year. Anyone else feeling this?

mrchillwill

Pro Bowler

#36 : November 01, 2012, 04:31:06 PM

Crossing my fingers that Duemig is correct.
what did he say?

Bucs_Rule

Hall of Famer
#37 : November 01, 2012, 04:31:31 PM

Actually Bschucher, if Talib were to leave in FA and go somewhere else the bucs would get a compensatory pick which would be at least a 7th. Again imo Talib is worth more on this team this year than  a 7th round pick, which you would probably get anyway if he signed somewhere else. Now if the bucs got a 4th round pick or higher than it is a steal.

RogerGoodellSucks

Hall of Famer

#38 : November 01, 2012, 04:31:55 PM

Can't blame the Bucs for trading Talib. Coach gave him one last shot to prove himself and he blew it. Hopefully we got more than a 7th, but that'd be my guess too as to what we got for him.

Talib's a pretty damn good CB but he is pretty inconsistent and as everyone knows, can't stay out of trouble. I think this is a good trade for both teams, especially the Patriots if they can get Talib's head on straight.

BucfanNC12

Pro Bowler

#39 : November 01, 2012, 04:32:24 PM

Too often teams GET NOTHING from 7th round picks.

Bschucher

Hall of Famer
#40 : November 01, 2012, 04:32:30 PM

Feels like we packed it in for the Season. I don't have a problem with thats, hopefully Freeman and DM 22 don't get killed behind this o-line.

Lets see if we can go 500, land some extra draft picks, get healthy, learn the system and kick some serious ass next year. Anyone else feeling this?

Why is that? Because they traded away a troubled player who they were not going to resign? Not to mention Talib has NOT BEEN ALL THAT anyways. Since 2008 we have continued to hear about how talented he was yet he surely was not one of the better CB in the league. Good riddance.

rocko23

Hall of Famer
#41 : November 01, 2012, 04:34:33 PM

we need a pick and a player to help out now. maybe we got a O-linemen that can help us now. they must really have faith in our DB's,smh

BucBalla85

Hall of Famer

#42 : November 01, 2012, 04:34:54 PM

Why is that? Because they traded away a troubled player who they were not going to resign? Not to mention Talib has NOT BEEN ALL THAT anyways. Since 2008 we have continued to hear about how talented he was yet he surely was not one of the better CB in the league. Good riddance.

I have no problem with this move. Talib had this coming. If it wasnt a trade he was gonna get released. Good for us it was a trade.

Bschucher

Hall of Famer
#43 : November 01, 2012, 04:35:29 PM

we need a pick and a player to help out now. maybe we got a O-linemen that can help us now. they must really have faith in our DB's,smh

LAST in pass defense.. They sucked WITH HIM too.

Sim

Starter

#44 : November 01, 2012, 04:40:08 PM

Hate this move but I can understand it. You can only give a guy so many chances.

The worst part is going to be seeing this guy thrive in New England. And we all know he will. A change of scenery like this (and to Brady's Patriots!) will only do wonders for this kid.

If we don't get at least a 3rd round pick in return then New England wins this trade hands down.
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 ... 13
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Talib and 7th rounder traded to New England for a 2013 4th round pick « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools