Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Its Your Time To Shine Leonard Johnson « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 ... 5

Morgan

User is banned from postingMuted
Hall of Famer
: November 01, 2012, 06:20:39 PM

Joe knows for a fact that Bucs rock star general manager Mark Dominik is a deliberate man. He just doesnt do things on a whim.

Also, with Bucs coach Greg Schiano, does he impress you as one who just wings things? Of course not.

Both Dominik and Schiano studied trading Talib from all angles, including how the Bucs would be able to fill the void. This tells Joe that Schiano, if not Dominik himself, is high on Leonard Johnson.

The rookie undrafted free agent, a former Largo High School star, was, some draftniks believed, could have been drafted as high as the third round. Partially because of his size, partially because of a bad combine workout, Johnson slipped through the cracks and landed in Dominiks lap.

Also know that Schiano has had a relationship with Johnson since he was a sophomore in high school. Johnson was named MVP of a Rutgers-sponsored high school football camp held in Tampa. No one knows Johnson at One Buc Palace better than Schiano, who still kicks himself for not being able to lure Johnson to Piscataway.

Johnson played like a seasoned pro against Minnesota. He should have had two picks; he did record one, robbed of a second and played strong. Perhaps it was a harbinger of things to come.

As for a harbinger, how about this from Schiano when the news of Talibs latest suspension was learned:

Every decision that we make as an organization has one thing in mind, and thats whats best for the organization, said Schiano. When I say best, its not just winning. Yes, thats what you do in this league. There are 32 teams and were all chasing one prize.

But when youre part of a community, theres a lot of things that go into a decision. I can just tell our fans and all the people that care about this that we are going to do whats best for the organization, so youve got to just trust us on this one.

Johnson is humble, smart, focused, motivated. One could say, hes the anti-Talib.http://www.joebucsfan.com/?p=76927

GMC 93

Hall of Famer

#1 : November 01, 2012, 06:50:45 PM

+1. Banking on him or Gaitor, when he gets back to step it up.

youngone

Hall of Famer

#2 : November 01, 2012, 07:10:25 PM

What about Myron Lewis? Lol

bizkitlimped

Hall of Famer
#3 : November 01, 2012, 07:11:50 PM

I agree, dude should have had 2 picks in the Vikings game but Schiano chose not to review the first one.

BucBalla85

Hall of Famer

#4 : November 01, 2012, 07:12:03 PM

Is he still on the roster?

youngone

Hall of Famer

#5 : November 01, 2012, 07:12:56 PM

Lol I have no idea... Honestly

Naismith

Hall of Famer

#6 : November 01, 2012, 07:16:06 PM

I agree, dude should have had 2 picks in the Vikings game but Schiano chose not to review the first one.

He couldn't review the first one.

There\'s a very real chance the Bucs waive [Revis] before next season. At the very least, it will be a discussion worth having.

BucBalla85

Hall of Famer

#7 : November 01, 2012, 07:17:04 PM

Lol I have no idea... Honestly

I'm gonna look it up. Hold on.

Edit: yes. 1 tackle on the season. lol!
: November 01, 2012, 07:18:54 PM BucBalla85

youngone

Hall of Famer

#8 : November 01, 2012, 07:19:37 PM

And a 15 yard penalty.. What a bum

Hate

Hall of Famer
#9 : November 01, 2012, 07:19:55 PM

Are PewterReport articles posted on Joe's site?

-------------------------------------------------------

I thought Lovie said he wanted quickness & speed, even at the QB position?

Morgan

Hall of Famer
#10 : November 01, 2012, 07:21:56 PM

Are PewterReport articles posted on Joe's site?
whiner

and hypocritical - have yet to see you whine about Michael's countless articles being posted from other sites.

dbucfan

Hall of Famer
#11 : November 01, 2012, 07:22:42 PM

Is there any remaining doubt that M organ is recruiting/selling for JBF?

\"A Great Coach has to have a Patient Wife, A Loyal Dog, and a Great Quarterback. . . . but not necessarily in that order\" ~ Coach Bud Grant

Morgan

Hall of Famer
#12 : November 01, 2012, 07:47:24 PM

yet another **CENSORED**ing pus-sy.

Hate

Hall of Famer
#13 : November 01, 2012, 08:11:31 PM

whiner and hypocritical - have yet to see you whine about Michael's countless articles being posted from other sites.

Michael-bot's posts are interesting!!

yet another **CENSORED**ing pus-sy.

seems to me a nerve has been struck..... or the va jay jay is chafed!!

-------------------------------------------------------

I thought Lovie said he wanted quickness & speed, even at the QB position?

Morgan

Hall of Famer
#14 : November 01, 2012, 08:15:53 PM

Heard interview of Johnson's high school coach the other day and me makes Johnson sound like the polar opposite of Talib. The young man lives w/ his parents, is saving his money, still goes fishing with his HS coach, goes to eat w/ his coach's family.

He'll be the last guy to attack a taxi driver, another teammate, or take some P.E.D.
Page: 1 2 3 ... 5
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Its Your Time To Shine Leonard Johnson « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools