Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: In Hindsight....Should the Bucs have stayed at #5 and drafted Morris Claiborne ? « previous next »
Page: 1 ... 14 15 16 17 18 ... 33

Ms Elam

Starter

#225 : November 12, 2012, 06:01:27 PM

Why do certain people cling to the false premise that the Buccaneers could have only drafted Doug Martin and Lavonte David if they didn't pick Claiborne?  There were plenty of ways to get Claiborne, Martin, and David.

If that was possible.....HELL YA.
The only false premise is you saying we could've gotten Claiborne, Martin, and David because it didn't happen and you can't guarantee it would have. If people weren't discussing what actually did happen then we would be sitting here discussing the "false premise"of having a player we don't have. Your point of view is debatable but its pointless. We could have traded up for RG3 but so what. This is about what did happen, not what could have. That's a can of worms save that sh!t for the birds.

Dolorous Jason

Hall of Famer

#226 : November 12, 2012, 06:03:58 PM

Why do certain people cling to the false premise that the Buccaneers could have only drafted Doug Martin and Lavonte David if they didn't pick Claiborne?  There were plenty of ways to get Claiborne, Martin, and David.

The only false premise is you saying we could've gotten Claiborne, Martin, and David because it didn't happen and you can't guarantee it would have. If people weren't discussing what actually did happen then we would be sitting here discussing the "false premise"of having a player we don't have. Your point of view is debatable but its pointless. We could have traded up for RG3 but so what. This is about what did happen, not what could have. That's a can of worms save that sh!t for the birds.

That's what I'm trying to say.

+1

What is your point? I was wrong? Ok. You win. I was wrong.

chace1986

Hall of Famer

#227 : November 12, 2012, 06:07:00 PM

It would appear that we got two first round talents in Martin and David, so I wouldn't risk changing anything even if the magical draft fairy did let us redo the whole draft. Even if I thought Claiborne was better Barron....which I don't.

If the magical draft fair shows up, we better be asking for something better than a redo. Just sayin.

What was this thread about again??

Hell, brees might not be as accurate as manziel.

JDouble

Hall of Famer
#228 : November 12, 2012, 06:07:09 PM

I think it's too early to really say for sure, and I know I am biased because they were my top two favorite players in the entire draft.....but I think when we look back and do a "Re-Draft" in 2 years, Both David and Martin will be top 20 picks, if not top 10. I mean right now they look to be the best rookies at their position, so it's no stretch. That is pretty freaking awesome whether Barron ends up being great or not.

Draft Aaron Donald

VinBucFan

Hall of Famer
#229 : November 12, 2012, 06:09:26 PM

That's what I'm trying to say.

+1

+100000000000000000000000000000000000000000000

Dy-nasty D

Starter
#230 : November 12, 2012, 06:12:52 PM

I think it's too early to really say for sure, and I know I am biased because they were my top two favorite players in the entire draft.....but I think when we look back and do a "Re-Draft" in 2 years, Both David and Martin will be top 20 picks, if not top 10. I mean right now they look to be the best rookies at their position, so it's no stretch. That is pretty freaking awesome whether Barron ends up being great or not.

Amazing also, since the players didn't just fall to the Bucs, Dom had these guys targeted and traded up to get them. I hope they follow that same strategy in future drafts.

JDouble

Hall of Famer
#231 : November 12, 2012, 06:21:01 PM

Me too D. In fact, I wish we had continued it this year!

It really bothered me that we didn't move up from the 5th, bqck into the end of the 4th to grab DT Josh Chapman or CB Brandon Boykin or LB Miles Burris or LB Ronnell Lewis. If we had jumped 10 spots we could have had any of those guys instead of Goode. SMH.

Also, as long as we are talking about what ifs....the Redskins took Alfred Morris one pick before we took Tandy. Martin Morris would be a pretty sick combo.....meanwhile Tandy is...well....I'm not sure what he's doing.

Draft Aaron Donald

Biggs3535

Hall of Famer
#232 : November 13, 2012, 08:51:25 AM

...and what ways would those have been without the 4th round pick we acquired by trading back , dingleberry ?

We would have had the '12 2nd, 3rd, 5th, 6th picks to work with, as well as the 2nd, 3rd, 4th, 5th, 6th for '13 to work with. Any combination of those picks could have helped us to jump back into the 1st, and back into the 2nd.

Evidently you have to spell things out for the simpletons among us.

VinBucFan

Hall of Famer
#233 : November 13, 2012, 02:34:31 PM

...and what ways would those have been without the 4th round pick we acquired by trading back , dingleberry ?

We would have had the '12 2nd, 3rd, 5th, 6th picks to work with, as well as the 2nd, 3rd, 4th, 5th, 6th for '13 to work with. Any combination of those picks could have helped us to jump back into the 1st, and back into the 2nd.

[/quote

IRONY DRIPPING ^^^^^^^^ 

Gotta love when you are appropriately savaged for making a silly comment and then you go back through all the savagery and pick out one quote that you presume supports your earlier statement and quote it and call everyone else  simpletons !!!!!!!!. . .  all WITHOUT ACKNOWLEDGING THE OBVIOUS FLAW in the argument quoted (even though it was discussed ad nauseum). . . . . . . lol . . . that sheet is better than a tv comedy

Even if youre compelled to make the wrong argument, why compund the problem by calling everyone else SIMPLETONS?  How about just make your argument and leave it at that? Because you do crap like that all the time, it makes your gaffes all that more hillarious . . .man

chace1986

Hall of Famer

#234 : November 13, 2012, 02:43:39 PM

You two should just f*ck and get it over with...

Hell, brees might not be as accurate as manziel.

VinBucFan

Hall of Famer
#235 : November 13, 2012, 03:00:13 PM

You two should just f*ck and get it over with...

Ha, that Java's style not mine that's for sure.  Even Java is out of luck though because Biggs is famous (or infamous) for being too scared to show up and square up on a bet.  He's just a hot air balloon, all talk Internet bully -- Java's probably excited nonetheless.

bradentonian

Hall of Famer

#236 : November 13, 2012, 03:06:47 PM

Plus Talib

VinBucFan

Hall of Famer
#237 : November 13, 2012, 03:10:59 PM

Plus Talib

Plus Martin and David and Freeman and GMC etc. 

Biggs3535

Hall of Famer
#238 : November 13, 2012, 03:17:50 PM

IRONY DRIPPING ^^^^^^^^ 

Gotta love when you are appropriately savaged for making a silly comment and then you go back through all the savagery and pick out one quote that you presume supports your earlier statement and quote it and call everyone else  simpletons !!!!!!!!. . .  all WITHOUT ACKNOWLEDGING THE OBVIOUS FLAW in the argument quoted (even though it was discussed ad nauseum). . . . . . . lol . . . that sheet is better than a tv comedy

Even if youre compelled to make the wrong argument, why compund the problem by calling everyone else SIMPLETONS?  How about just make your argument and leave it at that? Because you do crap like that all the time, it makes your gaffes all that more hillarious . . .man

Quit posting, for chrissakes.  None of your crap even makes sense any longer, PeanutButterCheeseBoy.

VinBucFan

Hall of Famer
#239 : November 13, 2012, 03:39:42 PM

IRONY DRIPPING ^^^^^^^^ 

Quit posting, for chrissakes.  None of your crap even makes sense any longer, PeanutButterCheeseBoy.

I have no doubt you have trouble comprehending . . that's the point.  True to form, when the conversation goes beyond you your response is to pull out some crazy name, abandoning the demonstrably stupid point you were making before . .  which is what makes it hillarious that you called everyone else simpletons.

I wonder if you even understand the flaw in your original comment about a "false premise"  Its all there to read, notably in the comments by several different posters, not me.
: November 13, 2012, 03:41:49 PM VinBucFan
Page: 1 ... 14 15 16 17 18 ... 33
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: In Hindsight....Should the Bucs have stayed at #5 and drafted Morris Claiborne ? « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools