Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: In Hindsight....Should the Bucs have stayed at #5 and drafted Morris Claiborne ? « previous next »
Page: 1 ... 21 22 23 24 25 ... 33

Dolorous Jason

Hall of Famer

#330 : December 31, 2012, 10:42:17 AM

LOL this even remains a question. Barron is a guy, just a guy back there.  He made one play in the passing game yesterday in a game the falcons only half cared about. Yeah baby. This is what happens when you try and win the run game and not the NFL game.

if someone doesnt believe that tony gonzalez wanted that ball i think they are crazy.

The Falcons were clearly trying to win that game all day . If the Falcons "half cared" Tony G wouldn't have even been in the game still.

What is your point? I was wrong? Ok. You win. I was wrong.

Dolorous Jason

Hall of Famer

#331 : December 31, 2012, 10:56:00 AM

Hey, we get a huge splash play out of Barron. Something to build on after a bad year.

Gotta laugh at the logic for some clowns. Momo is average despite showing signs of being a good man up corner, but Barron is going to be a stud after a garbage year. Yeah...no agenda there. Hahahahahahaha! 

Go Barron!  Being drafted where you were, you had better be ready to wear that crown!

Nice temper tantrum .

Let's review the rookie seasons of some of the best safeties in the league:

Troy Polamalu: 16 games played , 38 tackles , 1 forced fumble , zero INTs.
Ed Reed :  16 games played , 85 tackles , zero forced fumbles , 5 int's

Mark Barron : 16 games played , 89 tackles , 1 forced fumble ,  1 INT

But that's a "garbage" year for a rookie safety. Sounds like you may have an agenda . The question is...
: December 31, 2012, 11:11:10 AM Fire Mark Dummynik

Biggs3535

Hall of Famer
#332 : December 31, 2012, 11:08:15 AM

Hey, we get a huge splash play out of Barron. Something to build on after a bad year.

Gotta laugh at the logic for some clowns. Momo is average despite showing signs of being a good man up corner, but Barron is going to be a stud after a garbage year. Yeah...no agenda there. Hahahahahahaha! 

Go Barron!  Being drafted where you were, you had better be ready to wear that crown!

Nice temper tantrum .

Why do you think anybody is "mad" after clowning you?  You're the one who is obviously "mad" after the clowning.

Feel Real Good

Hall of Famer

#333 : December 31, 2012, 11:13:39 AM

Nice temper tantrum .

But that's a "garbage" year for a rookie safety. Sounds like you may have an agenda . The question is...

In Sabby Piscitelli's first season starting he had 80 tackles, 1 forced fumble, and 2 INT's. I guess he should be one of the best safeties in the NFL by now, right?

FRG is the most logical poster on this board.  You guys just don\'t like where the logical conclusions take you.

Dolorous Jason

Hall of Famer

#334 : December 31, 2012, 11:15:22 AM

Nice temper tantrum .

Why do you think anybody is "mad" after clowning you?  You're the one who is obviously "mad" after the clowning.

You're always mad , suspension boy . Just ask the mods.

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
#335 : December 31, 2012, 11:16:34 AM

Hahaha!!

Dolorous Jason

Hall of Famer

#336 : December 31, 2012, 11:18:15 AM

Nice temper tantrum .

In Sabby Piscitelli's first season starting he had 80 tackles, 1 forced fumble, and 2 INT's. I guess he should be one of the best safeties in the NFL by now, right?

His 1st season starting was his 3rd in the NFL. Sabby had a total of 3 tackles his rookie season and zero in all other areas. Nice job proving the point..

Biggs3535

Hall of Famer
#337 : December 31, 2012, 11:22:08 AM

You're always mad , suspension boy . Just ask the mods.

You've let PBCBoy set his hook in you, Simpy.

Feel Real Good

Hall of Famer

#338 : December 31, 2012, 11:26:40 AM

Nice temper tantrum .

His 1st season starting was his 3rd in the NFL. Sabby had a total of 3 tackles his rookie season and zero in all other areas. Nice job proving the point..
John Lynch wasn't a full time starter until his fourth season.

FRG is the most logical poster on this board.  You guys just don\'t like where the logical conclusions take you.

Biggs3535

Hall of Famer
#339 : December 31, 2012, 11:30:18 AM

Regardless of what the simpleton says, the argument never really was about Barron's play vs. Claiborne's play.  Personally, I think Claiborne had a slightly better season than Barron did, but he wasn't far-and-away the better player.  The bigger point is, and always has been, that a CB is the more-valued position.  If you have two guys that you rate as similar player at their position, you take the player who plays the more premium position.

It's a helluva lot harder to find a shut-down CB than it is to find a Safety.

JDouble

Hall of Famer
#340 : December 31, 2012, 11:34:32 AM

John lynch pick 82. Barron was pick 7. I'm not taking sides, but the comparison of when they started is not a comparison that makes sense.

Draft Aaron Donald

Dolorous Jason

Hall of Famer

#341 : December 31, 2012, 11:35:40 AM

Nice temper tantrum .

John Lynch wasn't a full time starter until his fourth season.

That's because he was a bust immediately after a "garbage" rookie year ,  in which he wasn't even good enough to start, right ?  Because that's the premise we are responding to : That Barron had a garbage rookie year and it dooms him to failure.

My point was that it was NOT gargabe year as rookie safeties go , and it is simply not true that there is not much good to build on  , as the board idiot suggested. The examples you've given so far only strengthen that argument.

Dolorous Jason

Hall of Famer

#342 : December 31, 2012, 11:38:51 AM

Regardless of what the simpleton says, the argument never really was about Barron's play vs. Claiborne's play.  Personally, I think Claiborne had a slightly better season than Barron did, but he wasn't far-and-away the better player.  The bigger point is, and always has been, that a CB is the more-valued position.  If you have two guys that you rate as similar player at their position, you take the player who plays the more premium position.

It's a helluva lot harder to find a shut-down CB than it is to find a Safety.

Considering Morron Claiborne is not a shut-down corner either , I'd had have to agree with you there.

BucBalla85

Hall of Famer

#343 : December 31, 2012, 11:43:34 AM

IMO it's still too early to label Barron anything. Not all rookies can be awesome in their first seasons.

JDouble

Hall of Famer
#344 : December 31, 2012, 11:46:39 AM

Again, not taking sides....but I really don't know many safeties that have awesome rookie years. It seems like that is kinda rare.

Draft Aaron Donald

Page: 1 ... 21 22 23 24 25 ... 33
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: In Hindsight....Should the Bucs have stayed at #5 and drafted Morris Claiborne ? « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools