Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: In Hindsight....Should the Bucs have stayed at #5 and drafted Morris Claiborne ? « previous next »
Page: 1 ... 24 25 26 27 28 ... 33

chace1986

Hall of Famer

#375 : December 31, 2012, 06:45:41 PM

Grimm was exceptional against the run in 2010.

And he wasn't a liability in coverage either.

possibly some of barrons liabilities might be scheme based?

I don't think so, he just played badly in that department for most of the games.  This was one of the reasons the team justified using a top ten pick on Safety, because he's good at both the run and in coverage.

Also, he finished the season playing pretty well in coverage.  The problem was the first three quarters of the season.  He'll be fine, I would guess, but I hate to see excuse-makers use excuses.  And Barron being a rookie is an excuse.

He also wasn't as dominant against the run as expected. Dude missed a lot of tackles.

Until preseason, you stay classy Red Board.

The Anti-Java

Hall of Famer

#376 : December 31, 2012, 07:57:30 PM

I was big on Grimm, but what  the hell happened to him?  He has disappeared.  I know he had an injury of some sort, did it affect his game that much?

sig pic by chace1986

PewterReportMC....
\\\\\\\"Java, do you understand this a perfect example of why people beg me to suspend or ban you on a daily basis? Are you actually trying to make a point? Seriously what is the reason for even commenting. In fact why do you even bother coming to the boards? What happened to the intelligent poster from years ago?  A real shame. Like the Bucs yesterday, a wasted effort.\\\\\\\"

MUSCLE_HAMSTER

User is on moderator watch listWatched
Hall of Famer
#377 : December 31, 2012, 08:00:44 PM

Didn't he break his leg and come back playing hesitantly?

Feel Real Good

Hall of Famer

#378 : December 31, 2012, 08:41:36 PM

I was big on Grimm, but what  the hell happened to him?  He has disappeared.  I know he had an injury of some sort, did it affect his game that much?
Appears to have been the case.

FRG is the most logical poster on this board.  You guys just don\'t like where the logical conclusions take you.

GameTime

Hall of Famer
#379 : December 31, 2012, 11:36:23 PM

Dolorus Jason and J Double have to be the biggest jokes on this board.

you must not be reading what some guy named samari posts.  pure comedy.

\"Lets put the O back in Country\"

Dolorous Jason

Hall of Famer

#380 : January 01, 2013, 08:06:38 AM

Appears to have been the case.

Now THAT sounds like excuses. Bones do heal last I checked .

How about he just wasn't ever that good ?

This thread has become quite amusing , however. I'll be sure to save the "Barron is already a bust " and the " Cody Grimm is better than Mark Barron " comments for a future bump , lol.

What is your point? I was wrong? Ok. You win. I was wrong.

JDouble

Hall of Famer
#381 : January 01, 2013, 09:54:07 AM

I don't know what happen to Grimm. I would guess that his downfall is related to his two injuries, but that is only a guess. Whatever the reason, it doesn't change how good he was as a rookie.

chace1986

Hall of Famer

#382 : January 01, 2013, 10:09:11 AM

I don't know what happen to Grimm. I would guess that his downfall is related to his two injuries, but that is only a guess. Whatever the reason, it doesn't change how good he was as a rookie.

Grimm certainly had a much better rookie year than Barron. No doubt about that.

Until preseason, you stay classy Red Board.

GameTime

Hall of Famer
#383 : January 01, 2013, 10:13:41 AM

possibly the defense wasnt as complicated for the safety in morris' scheme?

\"Lets put the O back in Country\"

JDouble

Hall of Famer
#384 : January 01, 2013, 10:27:44 AM

Maybe. I think Grimm is just a very smart player with great instincts. He was just not a great athlete, and the two back to back injuries probably slowed him down to a point where his great football IQ and instincts can't compensate anymore.

Dolorous Jason

Hall of Famer

#385 : January 01, 2013, 11:00:02 AM

Safety is much more simple in Tampa 2 than what we currently ask of our safeties. That's a fact.  Probably a bigger reason Grimm can no longer hack it , more so than 2 year old injuries.
: January 01, 2013, 11:05:13 AM Fire Mark Dummynik

What is your point? I was wrong? Ok. You win. I was wrong.

dalbuc

Hall of Famer

#386 : January 01, 2013, 11:07:25 AM

Safety is much more simple in Tampa 2 than what we currently ask of our safeties. That's a fact.  Probably a bigger reason Grimm can no longer hack it , more so than 2 year old injuries.

No, S is always pretty much the same. You have zero idea what you are talking about as if we needed more proof.

All posts are opinions in case you are too stupid to figure that out on your own without me saying it over and over.

dbucfan

Hall of Famer
#387 : January 01, 2013, 12:00:52 PM

Well, there goes the resolution about playing nicely with others Dalbuc... lmao

\"A Great Coach has to have a Patient Wife, A Loyal Dog, and a Great Quarterback. . . . but not necessarily in that order\" ~ Coach Bud Grant

dalbuc

Hall of Famer

#388 : January 01, 2013, 12:17:34 PM

Yeah, wasn't on my list of things to do this year anyway. :)

There are some things so over the top and out of the realm of sense I can't help it. I'm actually flabbergasted anyone is running with a Grimm isn't smart enough argument when being smart is about all he was because he clearly never made a football team based on his athletic ability.

All posts are opinions in case you are too stupid to figure that out on your own without me saying it over and over.

dbucfan

Hall of Famer
#389 : January 01, 2013, 12:22:41 PM

Yeah, wasn't on my list of things to do this year anyway. :)
NO!!! LMAO

\"A Great Coach has to have a Patient Wife, A Loyal Dog, and a Great Quarterback. . . . but not necessarily in that order\" ~ Coach Bud Grant
Page: 1 ... 24 25 26 27 28 ... 33
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: In Hindsight....Should the Bucs have stayed at #5 and drafted Morris Claiborne ? « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools