Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: In Hindsight....Should the Bucs have stayed at #5 and drafted Morris Claiborne ? « previous next »
Page: 1 ... 25 26 27 28 29 ... 33

Feel Real Good

Hall of Famer

#390 : January 01, 2013, 12:35:22 PM

Well, there goes the resolution about playing nicely with others Dalbuc... lmao

Yeah, wasn't on my list of things to do this year anyway. :)

There are some things so over the top and out of the realm of sense I can't help it. I'm actually flabbergasted anyone is running with a Grimm isn't smart enough argument when being smart is about all he was because he clearly never made a football team based on his athletic ability.
Actually, Grimm had pretty similar measurables to Barron.

FRG is the most logical poster on this board.  You guys just don\'t like where the logical conclusions take you.

Dolorous Jason

Hall of Famer

#391 : January 01, 2013, 02:08:14 PM

possibly the defense wasnt as complicated for the safety in morris' scheme?

Safety is much more simple in Tampa 2 than what we currently ask of our safeties. That's a fact.  Probably a bigger reason Grimm can no longer hack it , more so than 2 year old injuries.

No, S is always pretty much the same. You have zero idea what you are talking about as if we needed more proof.

Safety responsibilities are "always the same" in all different defensive schemes ??  You sure you want to go with that argument , dumb ass  ?

What is your point? I was wrong? Ok. You win. I was wrong.

Dolorous Jason

Hall of Famer

#392 : January 01, 2013, 02:16:21 PM

There are some things so over the top and out of the realm of sense I can't help it. I'm actually flabbergasted anyone is running with a Grimm isn't smart enough argument when being smart is about all he was because he clearly never made a football team based on his athletic ability.

Correct.

Dalbuc is proving yet again that he has zero idea what he is talking about....as if we needed more proof.

dalbuc

Hall of Famer

#393 : January 01, 2013, 05:09:35 PM

Everyone has "pretty similar" figures since the measurables are matters of fractions of seconds in many cases. Grimm wasn't a top athletic prospect and his lateral figures weren't groovy. Barron isn't a freakish type either but he has better raw physical tools than Grimm ever had.

All posts are opinions in case you are too stupid to figure that out on your own without me saying it over and over.

dalbuc

Hall of Famer

#394 : January 01, 2013, 05:11:30 PM

Safety responsibilities are "always the same" in all different defensive schemes ??  You sure you want to go with that argument , dumb ass  ?

If you are in our old scheme you play cover 2, cover 3, cover 1.....want to guess what we play now? Functionally there are schemes that are more or less complicated in total but for the individuals in those schemes the game remains the same because there are only so many ways to do X, Y and Z. Even something as bizarre as what PIT does you have the same individual responsbilities as in a more vanilla scheme.

All posts are opinions in case you are too stupid to figure that out on your own without me saying it over and over.

Feel Real Good

Hall of Famer

#395 : January 01, 2013, 05:51:27 PM

Everyone has "pretty similar" figures since the measurables are matters of fractions of seconds in many cases. Grimm wasn't a top athletic prospect and his lateral figures weren't groovy. Barron isn't a freakish type either but he has better raw physical tools than Grimm ever had.
Barron didn't even do any of the lateral drills. We have no idea whether he's better at that than Grimm. All he did was 40, vert, and broad, and all three were in line with Grimm.

FRG is the most logical poster on this board.  You guys just don\'t like where the logical conclusions take you.

JavaRay

User is banned from postingMuted
Hall of Famer

#396 : January 01, 2013, 05:58:39 PM

I'd rather have Grimm than Barron.

JDouble

Hall of Famer
#397 : January 01, 2013, 06:05:31 PM

Grimm was a college linebacker that made the switch to safety and then started in the NFL almost immediately and was great....but some would question his football IQ and instincts? Seriously...GTFO.

If Grimm had Barron's physical attributes, we wouldn't have drafted Barron because Grimm would be a pro bowler. If Barron was as heady as Grimm, he would of had an outstanding rookie year and nobody would be questioning the pick.
: January 01, 2013, 06:07:44 PM JDouble

Dolorous Jason

Hall of Famer

#398 : January 01, 2013, 06:48:55 PM

Barron didn't even do any of the lateral drills. We have no idea whether he's better at that than Grimm. All he did was 40, vert, and broad, and all three were in line with Grimm.

You are right , most of thier combine drill numbers were almost identical. The only real difference is size. Barron is 3 inches taller and approx. 15 pounds heavier.  It's the reason Barron can play physical and bring those bone jarring hits like the ones we saw against great players like Steve Smith , RGII , Jimmy Graham , and Darren McFadden. It's also one of the reasons Grimm is a scrawny softie who could never keep himself healthy for an extended number of games.

But it's not true to say Grimm isn't a decent athlete . Grimm 's dad was an NFL Hall of Famer . He's got the genes . He has athleticism . Those saying he doesn't are just assuming he doesn't because he was a 7th round pick. His problem is he is undersized , soft , and was simply never half as good as the Grimmlins on this board seemed to think he was.
: January 01, 2013, 06:59:10 PM Fire Mark Dummynik

Dolorous Jason

Hall of Famer

#399 : January 01, 2013, 06:56:44 PM

Grimm was a college linebacker that made the switch to safety and then started in the NFL almost immediately and was great....but some would question his football IQ and instincts? Seriously...GTFO.

If Grimm had Barron's physical attributes, we wouldn't have drafted Barron because Grimm would be a pro bowler. If Barron was as heady as Grimm, he would of had an outstanding rookie year and nobody would be questioning the pick.

..and if Grimm was as heady as you seem to think he is , he'd still be a solid contributor on this team , and no one would be wondering why he can barely make the final 53 and remains on the bottom of the depth chart.

P.S. : Spare us the injury excuse.  The kid's only 25 and the last injury was about two years ago.
: January 01, 2013, 07:37:32 PM Fire Mark Dummynik

Dolorous Jason

Hall of Famer

#400 : January 01, 2013, 07:32:49 PM

If you are in our old scheme you play cover 2, cover 3, cover 1.....want to guess what we play now? Functionally there are schemes that are more or less complicated in total but for the individuals in those schemes the game remains the same because there are only so many ways to do X, Y and Z. Even something as bizarre as what PIT does you have the same individual responsbilities as in a more vanilla scheme.

..and so you don't suppose that a team that does a lot of blitzing , like 2012 Tampa Bay , which requires the safeties to match-up man to man more often , puts a lot more pressure on the safeties than a defense that runs base cover 2 on every 3rd down  ?

You don't suppose that an aggressive style such as this would be much more likely to expose a young inexpierenced player ?

Tell me how they are "the same" , because apparently I have "zero idea" how these things work .

JDouble

Hall of Famer
#401 : January 01, 2013, 08:01:33 PM

Hey Doloris, do me a favor...k? Go out in the garage, grab the biggest hammer you can find, and then break your foot and knee. Then, in two years come back and tell me if you are 100% the same as you were before.

You don't want to do that? Oh...then STFU cause you are talking out your as$. You don't know anymore than I do how much those injuries have effected Grimm long term. Not everyone in the NFL is an Adrian Peterson cyborg.

JDouble

Hall of Famer
#402 : January 01, 2013, 08:04:43 PM

Also, the fact that Barron and Grimm had very similar combine numbers when it comes to speed and quickness, even though Barron has three inches and 20lbs on Grimm.....is the definition of better athleticism.

dalbuc

Hall of Famer

#403 : January 01, 2013, 08:26:22 PM

..and if Grimm was as heady as you seem to think he is , he'd still be a solid contributor on this team , and no one would be wondering why he can barely make the final 53 and remains on the bottom of the depth chart.

P.S. : Spare us the injury excuse.  The kid's only 25 and the last injury was about two years ago.

Really, you don't think 2 major injuries to a marginal player will affect his ability to perform on the field. He's a marginal guy to begin with. He's like a pitcher with a low 90's fastball, you can't lose much off that and become 100% ineffective. A guy like Ryan could last forever, for a lot of reasons, but when your fastball dips from 98 to 95 you are still a stud.

dalbuc

Hall of Famer

#404 : January 01, 2013, 08:30:09 PM

..and so you don't suppose that a team that does a lot of blitzing , like 2012 Tampa Bay , which requires the safeties to match-up man to man more often , puts a lot more pressure on the safeties than a defense that runs base cover 2 on every 3rd down  ?

You don't suppose that an aggressive style such as this would be much more likely to expose a young inexpierenced player ?

Tell me how they are "the same" , because apparently I have "zero idea" how these things work .

You don't. Cripes, you play man in the tampa 2 some. It wasn't like we never blitzed in that scheme. It doesn't matter mentally if you blitz 1 time or 20 times you still have to learn the same coverage skills. You argued that Grimm was mentally incapable of handling how complex this system was but in terms of what you have to learn to do your individual job the scheme doesn't matter, all that matters is what you have to do and that individual job doesn't change.

The reason you draft a guy at 5 is that he's a contributor. All we heard was how NFL ready he was, now he's young. He's a guy coming out who was a low instinct guy in the passing game without elite coverage ability. He's shown that. He's at his best attacking downhill and playing zones. In other words, exactly what you want to draft a guy in R3 to do.

Page: 1 ... 25 26 27 28 29 ... 33
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: In Hindsight....Should the Bucs have stayed at #5 and drafted Morris Claiborne ? « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools