Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: In Hindsight....Should the Bucs have stayed at #5 and drafted Morris Claiborne ? « previous next »
Page: 1 ... 5 6 7 8 9 ... 33

The Anti-Java

Hall of Famer

#90 : November 04, 2012, 09:14:30 PM

I'm glad we took Barron. Long term he was the right pick. Claiborne is a moron.

Claiborne with a huge pass interference penalty a few minutes ago.

Scoreboard still reads "0" beside Atlanta, so it probably wasn't that huge.

LOL

40 something yards IIRC.

Your a Cow fan tonight?

Not at all. I always root against the Cows. We aren't gonna catch Atlanta....and if they beat Dallas, then it hurts Dallas' playoff chances.

That is my thought as well.  Cowgirls could be wildcard competition.  Forget Atlanta, let them win the division then lose in the first round to someone.

leeroybuc93

Hall of Famer
#91 : November 04, 2012, 09:16:25 PM

In hindsight we should have drafted Doug Martin at 5. 

The Anti-Java

Hall of Famer

#92 : November 04, 2012, 09:38:41 PM

Then that might have turned out with no David or Barron.

Dolorous Jason

Hall of Famer

#93 : November 05, 2012, 07:21:40 AM

In hindsight he would have gone to the Browns at  #3 before we even had a chance to pick.

What is your point? I was wrong? Ok. You win. I was wrong.

ufojoe

Hall of Famer

#94 : November 05, 2012, 08:49:00 AM

LOL. Good one.

I would have loved to have had Claiborne for yesterday's game. But 8 games in doesn't tell me anything about the long term future
of either player.

tripblood

Hall of Famer

#95 : November 05, 2012, 08:50:54 AM

I'm glad we took Barron. Long term he was the right pick. Claiborne is a moron.

Claiborne with a huge pass interference penalty a few minutes ago.

Scoreboard still reads "0" beside Atlanta, so it probably wasn't that huge.

LOL

40 something yards IIRC.

Your a Cow fan tonight?

Not at all. I always root against the Cows. We aren't gonna catch Atlanta....and if they beat Dallas, then it hurts Dallas' playoff chances.

That is my thought as well.  Cowgirls could be wildcard competition.  Forget Atlanta, let them win the division then lose in the first round to someone.

Considering how bad Dallas is I would have preferred them winning last night..

This guy...

#96 : November 07, 2012, 03:03:37 AM

Not enough value to take a RB that high. The Bucs got him at the right place for the right price, but 2-3rd round RBs are where you want to try to find them.

jcaulfield8

Second String

#97 : November 07, 2012, 09:25:57 AM

Not enough value to take a RB that high. The Bucs got him at the right place for the right price, but 2-3rd round RBs are where you want to try to find them.
So AP isnt worth a top 5 draft pick by this reasoning. Brilliant, im sold

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer

#98 : November 07, 2012, 10:01:10 AM

Utilizing the power of hindsight, this is dandy.

But given the debate of value based on position, then no, taking a RB in the top 5 is not really the smart way to do buisness these days. 

And in reality, he wasn't a top 5 pick.

Is he worth being picked top 5?  Now that we know what AD is?  Sure.  He is an insanely talented RB.  One of the best of all time.

#99 : November 07, 2012, 01:45:37 PM

But given the debate of value based on position, then no, taking a RB in the top 5 is not really the smart way to do buisness these days. 

Is he worth being picked top 5?  Now that we know what AD is?  Sure.  He is an insanely talented RB.  One of the best of all time.

Hey Boidski, nice post!

GoldsonAges

Hall of Famer

#100 : November 07, 2012, 08:23:57 PM

I guess if you are talking about value, the Bucs should have drafted Momo. A safety at #7 isn't any value at all. Comparison wise, he needs to be a Ronnie Lott.

Mike Glennon
6\' 7\" 220 pounds.
6\' 6\" 210
6\' 5\" 200
6\' 4\" 190 6\' 3\" 180 6\' 2\" 170 6\' 1\" 160  6\' 0\" 150 How does he compare to your favorite QB?

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer

#101 : November 07, 2012, 09:44:10 PM

I guess if you are talking about value, the Bucs should have drafted Momo. A safety at #7 isn't any value at all. Comparison wise, he needs to be a Ronnie Lott.
I guess we will see.  Hindsight is something we will refer to again in a fee seasons when this gets bumped.

(or most likely forgotten)

As for your reference to Ronnie Lott, one has to consider the era in which they are playing.  Barron is severely hampered by governing rules.  although I doubt Barron is willing to lose the tip of his finger to play ball...

GoldsonAges

Hall of Famer

#102 : November 07, 2012, 09:48:47 PM

They just don't make them like that(Ronnie Lott) anymore.

I don't think the choice of Barron was a bad one. We needed a safety. Value-wise it does make you scratch your head a bit, though. Not many safeties have ever been drafted that high.

Mike Glennon
6\' 7\" 220 pounds.
6\' 6\" 210
6\' 5\" 200
6\' 4\" 190 6\' 3\" 180 6\' 2\" 170 6\' 1\" 160  6\' 0\" 150 How does he compare to your favorite QB?

JavaRay

User is banned from postingMuted
Hall of Famer

#103 : November 07, 2012, 09:51:23 PM

True, Barron was not good value at 7.   But had he been the last pick in the first round, he'd be ok.

GoldsonAges

Hall of Famer

#104 : November 07, 2012, 09:55:14 PM

He would not have made it that far, Java. I do think we could have traded again and got him a bit later. perhaps there was not a willing trade partner.

Doesn't matter, though. It was an awesome draft.

Mike Glennon
6\' 7\" 220 pounds.
6\' 6\" 210
6\' 5\" 200
Page: 1 ... 5 6 7 8 9 ... 33
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: In Hindsight....Should the Bucs have stayed at #5 and drafted Morris Claiborne ? « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools