Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: In Hindsight....Should the Bucs have stayed at #5 and drafted Morris Claiborne ? « previous next »
Page: 1 ... 17 18 19 20 21 ... 33

dbucfan

Hall of Famer
#270 : December 09, 2012, 07:15:04 PM

By now, I think most posters realize by staying at #5, we would NOT have gotten both David and Martin. Definitely way too early to give up on Barron. Without knowing actual player responsibilities, can't really judge his play. Other than failing to get his head around on a few coverage plays I recall, only his coaches know...
I think a team can normally get to where they want to be - it might have cost more in picks or a player - but doable - surely. 

\"A Great Coach has to have a Patient Wife, A Loyal Dog, and a Great Quarterback. . . . but not necessarily in that order\" ~ Coach Bud Grant

Dolorous Jason

Hall of Famer

#271 : December 09, 2012, 07:16:01 PM

Sure but there's better rookies than Claiborne. Just at CB I'd rather have Jenkins or Heyward.

Exactly . If you want to question Barron that is fine . It's merited at this point . But don't bring up Claiborne , the guy blows so far .

What is your point? I was wrong? Ok. You win. I was wrong.

The Anti-Java

Hall of Famer

#272 : December 09, 2012, 07:17:16 PM

By now, I think most posters realize by staying at #5, we would NOT have gotten both David and Martin. Definitely way too early to give up on Barron. Without knowing actual player responsibilities, can't really judge his play. Other than failing to get his head around on a few coverage plays I recall, only his coaches know...
I think a team can normally get to where they want to be - it might have cost more in picks or a player - but doable - surely.

Agree, its not out of the question.  Could of traded some late rounders or even future picks and still ended up with Claiborne, David and Martin.

sig pic by chace1986

PewterReportMC....
\\\\\\\"Java, do you understand this a perfect example of why people beg me to suspend or ban you on a daily basis? Are you actually trying to make a point? Seriously what is the reason for even commenting. In fact why do you even bother coming to the boards? What happened to the intelligent poster from years ago?  A real shame. Like the Bucs yesterday, a wasted effort.\\\\\\\"

Biggs3535

Hall of Famer
#273 : December 09, 2012, 07:18:05 PM

Sure but there's better rookies than Claiborne. Just at CB I'd rather have Jenkins or Heyward.

Exactly . If you want to question Barron that is fine . It's merited at this point . But don't bring up Claiborne , the guy blows so far .

Unsurprisingly, you're woefully uninformed.  Unlike Barron, Claiborne's play has been much better over the last month.

The Anti-Java

Hall of Famer

#274 : December 09, 2012, 07:20:38 PM

Still better than Gaiter, Leonard, and anyone else the Bucs have.

sig pic by chace1986

PewterReportMC....
\\\\\\\"Java, do you understand this a perfect example of why people beg me to suspend or ban you on a daily basis? Are you actually trying to make a point? Seriously what is the reason for even commenting. In fact why do you even bother coming to the boards? What happened to the intelligent poster from years ago?  A real shame. Like the Bucs yesterday, a wasted effort.\\\\\\\"

Dolorous Jason

Hall of Famer

#275 : December 09, 2012, 07:23:13 PM

That's not saying much .

The Anti-Java

Hall of Famer

#276 : December 09, 2012, 07:24:22 PM

That's not saying much .

MoMo in pewter today....we win that game.

sig pic by chace1986

PewterReportMC....

Dolorous Jason

Hall of Famer

#277 : December 09, 2012, 07:26:01 PM

That's not saying much .

MoMo in pewter today....we win that game.

I'm sure....

bucsquad

Pro Bowler

#278 : December 09, 2012, 07:26:28 PM

Unsurprisingly, you're woefully uninformed.  Unlike Barron, Claiborne's play has been much better over the last month.
Barron isn't living up to the 7th overall pick so playing better than him shouldn't be any thing big. Has Claibornes play been better than Jenkins or Heyward? I'm interested in that.

Feel Real Good

Hall of Famer

#279 : December 09, 2012, 07:29:56 PM

I'm not sure Jenkins has been playing well other than the 2 TD returns.

FRG is the most logical poster on this board.  You guys just don\'t like where the logical conclusions take you.

bucsquad

Pro Bowler

#280 : December 09, 2012, 07:32:05 PM

Could be right can't say I watch to many Rams games. Isn't he the #1 corner on a pretty solid D though?

Dolorous Jason

Hall of Famer

#281 : December 09, 2012, 07:33:48 PM

Barron isn't living up to the 7th overall pick so playing better than him shouldn't be any thing big. Has Claibornes play been better than Jenkins or Heyward? I'm interested in that.

Not even close . Anti-java claims we win hands down if we had claiborne . Let's see how Claiborne faired when HE faced the Eagles....

"Cowboys rookie CB Morris Claiborne was flagged for five penalties in the Week 10 win over the Eagles.
Opponents are attacking Claiborne and avoiding Brandon Carr. The No. 6 overall pick has been thrown at 39 times this season, giving up 24 catches for 306 yards and four touchdown"
http://nbcsports.msnbc.com/id/49839263/

Excellent take...

Feel Real Good

Hall of Famer

#282 : December 09, 2012, 07:35:06 PM

Could be right can't say I watch to many Rams games. Isn't he the #1 corner on a pretty solid D though?
Finnegan is the #1 corner.

FRG is the most logical poster on this board.  You guys just don\'t like where the logical conclusions take you.

The Anti-Java

Hall of Famer

#283 : December 09, 2012, 07:35:57 PM

Not even close . Anti-java claims we win hands down if we had claiborne . Let's see how Claiborne faired when HE faced the Eagles....

"Cowboys rookie CB Morris Claiborne was flagged for five penalties in the Week 10 win over the Eagles.
Opponents are attacking Claiborne and avoiding Brandon Carr. The No. 6 overall pick has been thrown at 39 times this season, giving up 24 catches for 306 yards and four touchdown"
http://nbcsports.msnbc.com/id/49839263/

Excellent take...

He is still better than that dumpster fire we have at CB.

sig pic by chace1986

PewterReportMC....

bucsquad

Pro Bowler

#284 : December 09, 2012, 07:36:34 PM

Finnegan is the #1 corner.
Wow I completely forgot about him lol.

Page: 1 ... 17 18 19 20 21 ... 33
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: In Hindsight....Should the Bucs have stayed at #5 and drafted Morris Claiborne ? « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools