Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: In Hindsight....Should the Bucs have stayed at #5 and drafted Morris Claiborne ? « previous next »
Page: 1 ... 19 20 21 22 23 ... 33

The Anti-Java

Hall of Famer

#300 : December 09, 2012, 09:12:32 PM

I'm glad Buc's didn't stay at 5th spot..I doubt we would of got both, Martin and David..Maybe the Buc's thought Claiborne was going be there .. who thought Cowboys was gonna move up and get Claiborne..I think when it happen the Buc's try to move down more but couldn't, so they took Barron, " I believe Barron, going be a good player down the road"

Even if the Buc's did in up getting Claiborne,.he wouldn't help out the pass D..with no pass rush..Look at today when Buc's had a pass rush, the secondary look a lot better, but when there wasn't, they got burnt..

I'm all for drafting a CB, but I don't think in the 1st..I rather get a pass rush  DT. someone who can help inside along, with McCoy...

FA next year will be big..I would cut Write and go after 2 CBs..like a Vet. Brent Grimes " i know he is 30 and got hurt, but he still a great player and probably not going to get big top money now, so for a right price, take him away for the falcons"  . and I would love the Buc's to go after one of these players too.. CB Derek Cox or Sean Smith

I believe Rogers-Cromartie is a free agent, looked good today.    Agree on Sean Smith.

sig pic by chace1986

PewterReportMC....
\\\\\\\"Java, do you understand this a perfect example of why people beg me to suspend or ban you on a daily basis? Are you actually trying to make a point? Seriously what is the reason for even commenting. In fact why do you even bother coming to the boards? What happened to the intelligent poster from years ago?  A real shame. Like the Bucs yesterday, a wasted effort.\\\\\\\"

chace1986

Hall of Famer

#301 : December 09, 2012, 09:49:41 PM

DJ, Are you another who thinks those players only could be obtained if the bucs drafted Barron?

COULD they have ?  ....sure.... We also COULD have obtained Tom Brady.....can you prove it , and are the odds as good? The answer the is no.

There's only 1 way we know it happens for sure and for an acceptable price. To assume it all plays out exactly the same if we stay at #5 is ridiculous.
Nope - Brady would break the cap and we aren't having that for sure.  But during the draft the bucs have shown the ability and willingness to move other picks to get where they want to be.  There is no real reason to think the past draft would have not been able to keep the 5th overall, and still obtain Martin and David.  It would have been a matter of price and willingness.

Logic and critical thinking don't get past DJs filter. Claiborne could have a HOF career and Doloris would still talk about his wonderlic score.

Until preseason, you stay classy Red Board.

dbucfan

Hall of Famer
#302 : December 09, 2012, 09:58:31 PM

DJ, Are you another who thinks those players only could be obtained if the bucs drafted Barron?

COULD they have ?  ....sure.... We also COULD have obtained Tom Brady.....can you prove it , and are the odds as good? The answer the is no.

There's only 1 way we know it happens for sure and for an acceptable price. To assume it all plays out exactly the same if we stay at #5 is ridiculous.
Nope - Brady would break the cap and we aren't having that for sure.  But during the draft the bucs have shown the ability and willingness to move other picks to get where they want to be.  There is no real reason to think the past draft would have not been able to keep the 5th overall, and still obtain Martin and David.  It would have been a matter of price and willingness.

Logic and critical thinking don't get past DJs filter. Claiborne could have a HOF career and Doloris would still talk about his wonderlic score.
LOL - I guess we all get our heels dug in from time to time. 

And AJ - I hope the bucs are keeping an eye on the Eagle corners - wouldn't be surprised if either or both are cut loose, and either would be a huge upgrade to the bucs secondary.

\"A Great Coach has to have a Patient Wife, A Loyal Dog, and a Great Quarterback. . . . but not necessarily in that order\" ~ Coach Bud Grant

The Anti-Java

Hall of Famer

#303 : December 09, 2012, 10:45:57 PM

LOL - I guess we all get our heels dug in from time to time. 

And AJ - I hope the bucs are keeping an eye on the Eagle corners - wouldn't be surprised if either or both are cut loose, and either would be a huge upgrade to the bucs secondary.

Not big on Asomunga [sp?]   but I like DRC.

sig pic by chace1986

PewterReportMC....
\\\\\\\"Java, do you understand this a perfect example of why people beg me to suspend or ban you on a daily basis? Are you actually trying to make a point? Seriously what is the reason for even commenting. In fact why do you even bother coming to the boards? What happened to the intelligent poster from years ago?  A real shame. Like the Bucs yesterday, a wasted effort.\\\\\\\"

Dolorous Jason

Hall of Famer

#304 : December 10, 2012, 07:28:24 AM

SO , are you claiming Claiborne has had a great season ?? Show me the logic and critical thinking skills you've used to deduce this , because it can't be from the amount of yards and TD's he's allowed against him , nor from his lack of stupid penalties.

: December 10, 2012, 07:44:16 AM Fire Mark Dummynik

What is your point? I was wrong? Ok. You win. I was wrong.

chace1986

Hall of Famer

#305 : December 10, 2012, 07:43:19 AM

SO , are you claiming Claiborne has had a great season ?? Show me the logic and critical thinking skills you've used to deduce this , because it can't be from the amount of yards and TD's he's allowed against him , nor from his lack of stupid penalties.

Nope. Never claimed that he was having a great season. It was more of a prediction of how you would react to Claiborne's success. Claiborne has had a better season than Barron. Even though Claiborne might have been just above average for the year, its still better than the crap we get from Barron on a weekly basis.

Until preseason, you stay classy Red Board.

Dolorous Jason

Hall of Famer

#306 : December 10, 2012, 07:59:47 AM

Nope. Never claimed that he was having a great season. It was more of a prediction of how you would react to Claiborne's success. Claiborne has had a better season than Barron. Even though Claiborne might have been just above average for the year, its still better than the crap we get from Barron on a weekly basis.

Doesn't mean a damn thing. Time will tell who the better player is , and it's way too early to judge. I still believe Barron will be a beast in the coming years.

The point is :  these people who keep bringing up Claiborne at every turn , as if the picking of him would have fixed all our coverage issues , obviously aren't even watching Cowboy games.  The guy hasn't exactly been Darelle Reavis. Eric Wright would probably be a better comparison , and we have one of those. Stop bringing his dumb ass up already....

What is your point? I was wrong? Ok. You win. I was wrong.

Runole

Hall of Famer
#307 : December 29, 2012, 01:08:35 PM

Doesn't mean a damn thing. Time will tell who the better player is , and it's way too early to judge. I still believe Barron will be a beast in the coming years.

The point is :  these people who keep bringing up Claiborne at every turn , as if the picking of him would have fixed all our coverage issues , obviously aren't even watching Cowboy games.  The guy hasn't exactly been Darelle Reavis. Eric Wright would probably be a better comparison , and we have one of those. Stop bringing his dumb ass up already....

Agree... what was it that player stated a couple of weeks about RJ 3 ?   "He is not one of us"  paraphrased..... :-[ :-\

Claiborne is a dumb ass and some want to celebrate it.   Sorry, I don't praise those that glorify the ignorant and stupid.   Oh and it is rather obvious the Bucs agree with our thoughts on Claiborne by moving down.   While it may be early to tell but last year's Buc draft was the best I have seen. The first (3) picks were brilliant by the organization.

DejaVu

User is banned from postingMuted
Starter

#308 : December 29, 2012, 01:25:01 PM

Claiborne is not a player I would like to see on the Bucs.   However, neither is Barron.    I think David and Martin were great picks.

Fran Tarkenton, Hall of Fame QB said. \\\"Ive watched Freeman a lot. He just plays God-awful. Thats who you are. Its just a player being able to play or not play. Josh Freeman has proven to me that he cant play.\\\"

Bucs N Beers

Hall of Famer

#309 : December 29, 2012, 01:45:11 PM

I'm still ok with the Barron pick. GMC hadn't done much until year 3, now he is a pro bowler. People need to realize that it is ignorant to try to judge a guy In His rookie year. Barron has gotten a lot of experience this year, and has played decent the past couple games. It's obvious that he's having growing pains, but if his light bulb comes on he could be a heck of a player.

Green Right Slot, Albacore 3 Y Quesadilla

DejaVu

User is banned from postingMuted
Starter

#310 : December 29, 2012, 01:51:57 PM

GMC hadn't done much until year 3, now he is a pro bowler.

Don't you find it a bit strange that he is making the pro bowl?    Warren Sapp dominated when he played, so he was an obvious pro bowler.   But it seems McCoy is making it only because the competition for the pro bowl is so light these days.

Fran Tarkenton, Hall of Fame QB said. \\\"Ive watched Freeman a lot. He just plays God-awful. Thats who you are. Its just a player being able to play or not play. Josh Freeman has proven to me that he cant play.\\\"

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer

#311 : December 29, 2012, 01:57:08 PM

Barron has played like poop.

Claiborne is a cowboy.

The Anti-Java

Hall of Famer

#312 : December 29, 2012, 02:22:46 PM

On a related note, Janaris Jenkins has been outstanding as a rookie.  I realize he had off field concerns, but he seems to have put those behind him.

sig pic by chace1986

PewterReportMC....

Bucs N Beers

Hall of Famer

#313 : December 29, 2012, 03:50:58 PM

GMC hadn't done much until year 3, now he is a pro bowler.

Don't you find it a bit strange that he is making the pro bowl?    Warren Sapp dominated when he played, so he was an obvious pro bowler.   But it seems McCoy is making it only because the competition for the pro bowl is so light these days.

I don't find it strange at all. Sapp was a one of a kind player. You can't compare the two, you really can't compare anyone to Sapp. McCoy has gotten pressure and a handful of sacks, but he's also the DT on the #1 run defense in the NFL. And a lot of his votes came from coaches and players which says a lot.

Green Right Slot, Albacore 3 Y Quesadilla

spurzo

Second String

#314 : December 29, 2012, 04:38:30 PM

Anybody who claims that Morris Claiborne was some sort of stud this year, certainly wasn't watching...  He was extremely inconsistent and that was with a solid pass rush... At this point we know that Barron is a demon in the run game and and scares ppl coming over the middle, he has the athletic ability to improve his coverage and we wanted a young defensive leader.  We know that Claiborne has the physical tools to be a lockdown corner but he certainly didn't show it this year, he was also a poor tackler, something that worried ppl.  So I'll take the cop out answer and say wait and see but I will say that last years draft for the Bucs was one of the best I've seen in a while.
Page: 1 ... 19 20 21 22 23 ... 33
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: In Hindsight....Should the Bucs have stayed at #5 and drafted Morris Claiborne ? « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools