Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: In Hindsight....Should the Bucs have stayed at #5 and drafted Morris Claiborne ? « previous next »
Page: 1 ... 20 21 22 23 24 ... 33

NotDeadYet

Hall of Famer

#315 : December 29, 2012, 05:00:07 PM

No regrets with the Bucs draft. At the time, we needed a S worse than a CB. Remembering we had no S's on the roster with NFL starter experience other than the injured Cody Grimm, we needed a S far worse.
    I have watched NFL football for over 50 years; Sapp is hands down the best pass-rushing DT I've ever seen. And he wasn't all that bad defending the run either; just not as dominant as in the pass game.

dbucfan

Hall of Famer
#316 : December 29, 2012, 05:51:36 PM

DJ, Are you another who thinks those players only could be obtained if the bucs drafted Barron?

COULD they have ?  ....sure.... We also COULD have obtained Tom Brady.....can you prove it , and are the odds as good? The answer the is no.

There's only 1 way we know it happens for sure and for an acceptable price. To assume it all plays out exactly the same if we stay at #5 is ridiculous.
Nope - Brady would break the cap and we aren't having that for sure.  But during the draft the bucs have shown the ability and willingness to move other picks to get where they want to be.  There is no real reason to think the past draft would have not been able to keep the 5th overall, and still obtain Martin and David.  It would have been a matter of price and willingness.

Logic and critical thinking don't get past DJs filter. Claiborne could have a HOF career and Doloris would still talk about his wonderlic score.

SO , are you claiming Claiborne has had a great season ?? Show me the logic and critical thinking skills you've used to deduce this , because it can't be from the amount of yards and TD's he's allowed against him , nor from his lack of stupid penalties.

Nope. Never claimed that he was having a great season. It was more of a prediction of how you would react to Claiborne's success. Claiborne has had a better season than Barron. Even though Claiborne might have been just above average for the year, its still better than the crap we get from Barron on a weekly basis.

Doesn't mean a damn thing. Time will tell who the better player is , and it's way too early to judge. I still believe Barron will be a beast in the coming years.

The point is :  these people who keep bringing up Claiborne at every turn , as if the picking of him would have fixed all our coverage issues , obviously aren't even watching Cowboy games.  The guy hasn't exactly been Darelle Reavis. Eric Wright would probably be a better comparison , and we have one of those. Stop bringing his dumb ass up already....

Agree... what was it that player stated a couple of weeks about RJ 3 ?   "He is not one of us"  paraphrased..... :-[ :-\

Claiborne is a dumb ass and some want to celebrate it.   Sorry, I don't praise those that glorify the ignorant and stupid.   Oh and it is rather obvious the Bucs agree with our thoughts on Claiborne by moving down.   While it may be early to tell but last year's Buc draft was the best I have seen. The first (3) picks were brilliant by the organization.
You must be right - I don't recall the bucs ever missing on a first round pick!!!!!!!! ::)

\"A Great Coach has to have a Patient Wife, A Loyal Dog, and a Great Quarterback. . . . but not necessarily in that order\" ~ Coach Bud Grant

The Anti-Java

Hall of Famer

#317 : December 29, 2012, 10:41:59 PM

Claiborne was the slam dunk pick IMO. Barron is solid but I thought he was poor value where we took him.

That pretty much sums up the situation right there.

sig pic by chace1986

PewterReportMC....
\\\\\\\"Java, do you understand this a perfect example of why people beg me to suspend or ban you on a daily basis? Are you actually trying to make a point? Seriously what is the reason for even commenting. In fact why do you even bother coming to the boards? What happened to the intelligent poster from years ago?  A real shame. Like the Bucs yesterday, a wasted effort.\\\\\\\"

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
#318 : December 29, 2012, 10:44:21 PM

I expect better results out of Barron next year.

The Anti-Java

Hall of Famer

#319 : December 29, 2012, 10:50:14 PM

Claiborne and even Janaris Jenkins have been great this season.  It just makes you wonder, what if ?

sig pic by chace1986

PewterReportMC....
\\\\\\\"Java, do you understand this a perfect example of why people beg me to suspend or ban you on a daily basis? Are you actually trying to make a point? Seriously what is the reason for even commenting. In fact why do you even bother coming to the boards? What happened to the intelligent poster from years ago?  A real shame. Like the Bucs yesterday, a wasted effort.\\\\\\\"

JDouble

Hall of Famer
#320 : December 30, 2012, 10:05:53 AM

Claiborne has not been great. He's been good at time, bad at other times....never great.

Draft Aaron Donald

NovaBuc

Starter

#321 : December 30, 2012, 12:59:44 PM

Claiborne has a much, much better supporting cast around him in the Cowboys secondary than he'd have here., Brandon Carr alone is better than anyone we had in the secondary this year - Talib included. I don't think Claiborne would have made much of a difference in the team's porous pass defense, perhaps 300 yards less given up this year?

The Anti-Java

Hall of Famer

#322 : December 30, 2012, 05:25:40 PM

Claiborne has not been great. He's been good at time, bad at other times....never great.

Better than Barron.

sig pic by chace1986

PewterReportMC....

Runole

Hall of Famer
#323 : December 31, 2012, 07:41:44 AM

correct... 

Amazing how many on this thread wish to heap praise on the guy.   Are those praising him Cowboy fans or Buc fans?  I just state is Claiborne a better pick than Barron and Martin?   That is what  was sacrificed by the Bucs passing on the amazing "wonderlic" guy.   I will take that every time. 2>1
: December 31, 2012, 07:45:58 AM Runole

chace1986

Hall of Famer

#324 : December 31, 2012, 10:07:40 AM

Better than Barron.

The list of rookies that were better than Barron this year is a long one.

Hell, brees might not be as accurate as manziel.

GameTime

Hall of Famer
#325 : December 31, 2012, 10:17:50 AM

this is true.  but will they be better next year?  for the next ten?  i also paid attention to mcmillian for the packers a bit yesterday.  i know he's been compared as a rookie saftey, but he's not even a starter.

i will admit the last play by barron made me feel much better about him going into the offseason.

\"Lets put the O back in Country\"

dalbuc

Hall of Famer

#326 : December 31, 2012, 10:30:04 AM

LOL this even remains a question. Barron is a guy, just a guy back there.  He made one play in the passing game yesterday in a game the falcons only half cared about. Yeah baby. This is what happens when you try and win the run game and not the NFL game.

All posts are opinions in case you are too stupid to figure that out on your own without me saying it over and over.
If you think Manziel is the best QB in this draft I can safely assume you are an idiot and will treat you as such.

Dolorous Jason

Hall of Famer

#327 : December 31, 2012, 10:33:45 AM

this is true.  but will they be better next year?  for the next ten?  i also paid attention to mcmillian for the packers a bit yesterday.  i know he's been compared as a rookie saftey, but he's not even a starter.

i will admit the last play by barron made me feel much better about him going into the offseason.

That was a beastly break-up on a hall of fame TE , and sealed us the game.

That's the kind of flash that Barron shows that has reasonable people excited about him.  Let the haters hate and continue to pine over an average corner like Morron Claiborne , this kid is going to be a baller.

What is your point? I was wrong? Ok. You win. I was wrong.

GameTime

Hall of Famer
#328 : December 31, 2012, 10:36:10 AM

LOL this even remains a question. Barron is a guy, just a guy back there.  He made one play in the passing game yesterday in a game the falcons only half cared about. Yeah baby. This is what happens when you try and win the run game and not the NFL game.

if someone doesnt believe that tony gonzalez wanted that ball i think they are crazy.

\"Lets put the O back in Country\"

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
#329 : December 31, 2012, 10:40:54 AM

Hey, we get a huge splash play out of Barron. Something to build on after a bad year.

Gotta laugh at the logic for some clowns. Momo is average despite showing signs of being a good man up corner, but Barron is going to be a stud after a garbage year. Yeah...no agenda there. Hahahahahahaha! 

Go Barron!  Being drafted where you were, you had better be ready to wear that crown!

Page: 1 ... 20 21 22 23 24 ... 33
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: In Hindsight....Should the Bucs have stayed at #5 and drafted Morris Claiborne ? « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools