Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: In Hindsight....Should the Bucs have stayed at #5 and drafted Morris Claiborne ? « previous next »
Page: 1 ... 23 24 25 26 27 ... 33

JDouble

Hall of Famer
#360 : December 31, 2012, 02:08:26 PM

Again, not taking sides....but I really don't know many safeties that have awesome rookie years. It seems like that is kinda rare.

You sure ? Because it sounds like you are taking my side ,  lol.

It's no vendetta against you or anything. I'm just not taking sides in this debate because for one Barron was never one of "my guys" that I wanted us to draft. Two...he hasn't been impressive, and three he could be a total bust. Plus Cody Grimm and Ahmad Black have both looked better than Barron. You expect a lot from a safety when he is taken 7th overall....but at the same time most safeties aren't great immediately and I'm not going to call his career over after one lack luster rookie season. He has the physical tools to be great, he seems like a good kid, and I want him to get better next year and impress. I just don't really have an opinion on what will actually happen. Time will tell.

Either way, I didn't want Claiborne. He hasn't impressed we at all either this year and he seems like a tool. I'd probably have taken Stephen Gilmore over both of them.

Dolorous Jason

Hall of Famer

#361 : December 31, 2012, 02:56:16 PM

Barron had two game-saving pass breakups this year. Are people really arguing about whether he was a bad pick after one year? A little patience, people!

+1.

What is your point? I was wrong? Ok. You win. I was wrong.

Dolorous Jason

Hall of Famer

#362 : December 31, 2012, 03:01:23 PM

Again, not taking sides....but I really don't know many safeties that have awesome rookie years. It seems like that is kinda rare.

You sure ? Because it sounds like you are taking my side ,  lol.

It's no vendetta against you or anything. I'm just not taking sides in this debate because for one Barron was never one of "my guys" that I wanted us to draft. Two...he hasn't been impressive, and three he could be a total bust. Plus Cody Grimm and Ahmad Black have both looked better than Barron. You expect a lot from a safety when he is taken 7th overall....but at the same time most safeties aren't great immediately and I'm not going to call his career over after one lack luster rookie season. He has the physical tools to be great, he seems like a good kid, and I want him to get better next year and impress. I just don't really have an opinion on what will actually happen. Time will tell.

Either way, I didn't want Claiborne. He hasn't impressed we at all either this year and he seems like a tool. I'd probably have taken Stephen Gilmore over both of them.

Don't agree. Grimm and Black have looked better at times in pass coverage , but never in run defense.  Neither can bring the wood like Barron either.
Barron was one of my guys , and I stand by the fact that he will be a beast one day.

I do agree that Gilmore would have been a better pick than Morron Claiborne.

BucBalla85

Hall of Famer

#363 : December 31, 2012, 03:01:49 PM

Barron had two game-saving pass breakups this year. Are people really arguing about whether he was a bad pick after one year? A little patience, people!

+1.

Agree. I guess you gotta talk about something. Why not complain about 7 overall pick who didn't end up as one of the best of all rookies? Good forum talk.

Feel Real Good

Hall of Famer

#364 : December 31, 2012, 03:13:14 PM

Grimm was exceptional against the run in 2010.

FRG is the most logical poster on this board.  You guys just don\'t like where the logical conclusions take you.

BucBalla85

Hall of Famer

#365 : December 31, 2012, 03:14:26 PM

Well not everybody is the same. Especially their rookie seasons.

JDouble

Hall of Famer
#366 : December 31, 2012, 03:35:58 PM

This. Grimm and Ronde were our best run defenders in 2010. Grimm was pretty amazing that year. I'm not sure how anyone who actually watch that season could think otherwise.

Pewter Pirate

Pro Bowler
#367 : December 31, 2012, 03:41:36 PM

Barron is a baller

Biggs3535

Hall of Famer
#368 : December 31, 2012, 04:50:02 PM

And he wasn't a liability in coverage either.

GameTime

Hall of Famer
#369 : December 31, 2012, 05:00:38 PM

possibly some of barrons liabilities might be scheme based?

\"Lets put the O back in Country\"

Biggs3535

Hall of Famer
#370 : December 31, 2012, 05:04:40 PM

possibly some of barrons liabilities might be scheme based?

I don't think so, he just played badly in that department for most of the games.  This was one of the reasons the team justified using a top ten pick on Safety, because he's good at both the run and in coverage.

Also, he finished the season playing pretty well in coverage.  The problem was the first three quarters of the season.  He'll be fine, I would guess, but I hate to see excuse-makers use excuses.  And Barron being a rookie is an excuse.

Samari28

Hall of Famer
#371 : December 31, 2012, 05:05:15 PM

Wow are we still calling Mo names like Moron? What the hell did he do to you? Sorry if you think a stupid test means anything? Lemme clear something up Mo Claiborne is a better player at a harder position now and will be his whole career. Barron is decent but you are kidding yourself if you think he was a seventh best player in any draft, any year. Yeah he was a rookie but if he is all that playing an easier position he would have played better. JDouble you are a fool and a fraud as I doubt you watched any of Mo's games this year. Mo may not have been one of your guys but your track record of throwing **CENSORED** at a wall and hoping it sticks makes your guys well look like **CENSORED**. We didn't take Mo last year and we still have no CB, we took Barron and we still suck in coverage. Mo may not have changed this by himself but seriously Stephon Gilmore, wow that is some funny **CENSORED**.

Dolorous Jason

Hall of Famer

#372 : December 31, 2012, 05:28:51 PM

Barron being a rookie is an excuse.

Actually that is not an excuse , it is a fact , simpy.

Dolorous Jason

Hall of Famer

#373 : December 31, 2012, 05:31:18 PM

This. Grimm and Ronde were our best run defenders in 2010. Grimm was pretty amazing that year. I'm not sure how anyone who actually watch that season could think otherwise.

...and our run defense was ranked what in 2010 ?

Also , if Grimm is so great , where is he now? Barely making the team and losing the back up job to Ahmad Black.   The guy was never that good .
: December 31, 2012, 05:33:15 PM Fire Mark Dummynik

Samari28

Hall of Famer
#374 : December 31, 2012, 05:48:31 PM

Dolorus Jason and J Double have to be the biggest jokes on this board. J Double and his so called wisdom at finding talent and Jason at his lame excuse of trying to justify a bust in Barron. Yes Barron is a bust, you get drafted at #7 and you better be the best damn S to play since Ed Reed. Barron was just like his boy Schiano all hype and no substance.
Page: 1 ... 23 24 25 26 27 ... 33
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: In Hindsight....Should the Bucs have stayed at #5 and drafted Morris Claiborne ? « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools