Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: In Hindsight....Should the Bucs have stayed at #5 and drafted Morris Claiborne ? « previous next »
Page: 1 ... 30 31 32 33

JDouble

Hall of Famer
#465 : January 03, 2013, 05:05:50 PM

Reach much?

Hate

Hall of Famer
#466 : January 03, 2013, 05:55:26 PM

where Barron was chosen matters not to me.

Says the guy who has complained 100's of times about Caddy being picked at #5.

Carnell chosen at 5 was not my issue..... Carnell chosen at all was!!

-------------------------------------------------------

I thought Lovie said he wanted quickness & speed, even at the QB position?

The Anti-Java

Hall of Famer

#467 : January 03, 2013, 07:41:31 PM

Talib sucks and was traded. Wright sucks and is on his way out. They weren't playing any better than their back ups.

Belichick  disagrees.

Belichick also brought in Fat Albert Haynesworth and Kellen Winslow Jr. . Belichick is not always right.

The Patriots are sayin the only reason San Fran kicked their azz, was because Talib was injured with the hip.  Now that he is back, it will be clear sailing.  So they do attach some value to him.

JDouble

Hall of Famer
#468 : January 03, 2013, 10:36:38 PM

Have you watched him? He's had some really nice plays.....and he has given up some really big TDs. Hot and cold. Same ol same ol. He's not horrible, but he's way to inconsistant to depend on as your #1 CB or give a big pay day. Factor in his off the field **CENSORED** baggery and he's just a waste of a roster spot.

The Anti-Java

Hall of Famer

#469 : January 03, 2013, 10:44:01 PM

Have you watched him? He's had some really nice plays.....and he has given up some really big TDs. Hot and cold. Same ol same ol. He's not horrible, but he's way to inconsistant to depend on as your #1 CB or give a big pay day. Factor in his off the field **CENSORED** baggery and he's just a waste of a roster spot.

Preaching to the choir bro. 

My only point is THEY seem to think a lot of him, for now anyway.

gone

Hall of Famer
#470 : January 03, 2013, 11:04:39 PM

He's always been overrated, I was all for cutting him ages ago.  But he's certainly not lacking enough in talent that he should have been playing at the same level as UDFA's here.   And Barron isn't untalented either.  There is a coaching issue back there IMO.  Who percisely it is is debatable, but Cooper is the obvious suspect. 

QaZ

Hall of Famer

#471 : January 03, 2013, 11:13:22 PM

where Barron was chosen matters not to me.

Says the guy who has complained 100's of times about Caddy being picked at #5.

Carnell chosen at 5 was not my issue..... Carnell chosen at all was!!

Imagine Caddy having the hands of 2010 when drafted, dude was horrible on 3rd down early in his career. Still i hate getting RBs early.

JDouble

Hall of Famer
#472 : January 04, 2013, 07:38:03 AM

You could put Caddy in any draft class since 2005 and he would never be taken in the first round again. Solid late 2nd/early 3rd round prospect. Not sure how anyone ever thought taking the 3rd RB with the 5th overall pick was a good idea. Especially when that RB was the second best RB on his college team, split carries, was inury prone, and sucked on 3rd downs.

The obvious pick that year was Aaron Rodgers. If we would have just taken him like we were suppose to, then taken a RB in the 2nd round.....we would have had Aaron Rodgers and Frank Gore and Gruden would probably still be here with multiple rings.
: January 04, 2013, 07:42:53 AM JDouble

The Anti-Java

Hall of Famer

#473 : January 04, 2013, 08:54:06 PM

You could put Caddy in any draft class since 2005 and he would never be taken in the first round again. Solid late 2nd/early 3rd round prospect. Not sure how anyone ever thought taking the 3rd RB with the 5th overall pick was a good idea. Especially when that RB was the second best RB on his college team, split carries, was inury prone, and sucked on 3rd downs.

The obvious pick that year was Aaron Rodgers. If we would have just taken him like we were suppose to, then taken a RB in the 2nd round.....we would have had Aaron Rodgers and Frank Gore and Gruden would probably still be here with multiple rings.

IDK man, the dude seems to wear on people.

chace1986

Hall of Famer

#474 : January 04, 2013, 09:15:41 PM

Personally, I really hope to see him back on the sideline this year.

The Anti-Java

Hall of Famer

#475 : January 04, 2013, 10:02:09 PM

I don't think so, he makes megabucks doing the MNF gig.  Works a few hours a week.  He would be crazy to trade that for 18 hour days screaming at rookies.

chace1986

Hall of Famer

#476 : January 04, 2013, 10:12:35 PM

I don't think so, he makes megabucks doing the MNF gig.  Works a few hours a week.  He would be crazy to trade that for 18 hour days screaming at rookies.

If he has a passion for coaching and truly loves doing it, then I see him being "crazy" enough to come back.

I think if he comes back this year, then it will be for only the San Diego job. Otherwise, he will continue to wait for the Dallas job to open up.

The Anti-Java

Hall of Famer

#477 : January 04, 2013, 10:15:41 PM

If he has a passion for coaching and truly loves doing it, then I see him being "crazy" enough to come back.

I think if he comes back this year, then it will be for only the San Diego job. Otherwise, he will continue to wait for the Dallas job to open up.

If he learned anything in the past, I would guess he only goes somewhere with a franchise QB.  And neither of those teams qualify.

chace1986

Hall of Famer

#478 : January 04, 2013, 10:22:06 PM

If he learned anything in the past, I would guess he only goes somewhere with a franchise QB.  And neither of those teams qualify.

They qualify as much as Tampa in the franchise QB area.

The Anti-Java

Hall of Famer

#479 : January 04, 2013, 10:43:45 PM

They qualify as much as Tampa in the franchise QB area.

For sure.  Andy Reid taking that Cheifs job was kinda a headscratcher to me.  No QB.

Unless he plans on bringing in his boy Vick or drafting Barkely or someone.

Page: 1 ... 30 31 32 33
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: In Hindsight....Should the Bucs have stayed at #5 and drafted Morris Claiborne ? « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools