Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: In Hindsight....Should the Bucs have stayed at #5 and drafted Morris Claiborne ? « previous next »
Page: 1 ... 31 32 33

BucBalla85

Hall of Famer

#480 : January 04, 2013, 10:50:13 PM

I'd like to see Gruden back on the sideline as well. Cowboys would be interesting.

The Anti-Java

Hall of Famer

#481 : January 05, 2013, 03:39:17 AM

I'd like to see Gruden back on the sideline as well. Cowboys would be interesting.

I don't get why lots of fans think Gru and the Cowgirls are a match made in heaven.  Romo is like 35 or thereabouts.  And I don't think Gru would like Jerra looking over his shoulder every minute.

chace1986

Hall of Famer

#482 : January 05, 2013, 07:22:55 AM

I don't get why lots of fans think Gru and the Cowgirls are a match made in heaven.  Romo is like 35 or thereabouts.  And I don't think Gru would like Jerra looking over his shoulder every minute.

Nothing else compares to the Cowboys brand. He would be on the tv screens of 90% of the nation nearly every week. As much of a pain that JJ is, Gruden knows that he will go out and spend $.

SonnyCrockett

Starter

#483 : January 05, 2013, 08:04:31 PM

Fennelly: Bucs finally make right move with troubled Talib

"The Bucs are a better team today, at least in the long run."

?

The Anti-Java

Hall of Famer

#484 : January 05, 2013, 09:50:50 PM

Nothing else compares to the Cowboys brand. He would be on the tv screens of 90% of the nation nearly every week. As much of a pain that JJ is, Gruden knows that he will go out and spend $.

Spend on who though?   Jerra fancies himself as a great football mind, and he doesn't need no stinkin GM.  I think if Gru comes back, it would be someplace where he has complete control.

chace1986

Hall of Famer

#485 : January 05, 2013, 10:00:00 PM

Spend on who though?   Jerra fancies himself as a great football mind, and he doesn't need no stinkin GM.  I think if Gru comes back, it would be someplace where he has complete control.

The Cows were right up against the cap this past offseason, but still managed to give Carr a $50 million contract. The dude meddles, but he ain't afraid to go spend money if he sees a player he wants.

The Anti-Java

Hall of Famer

#486 : January 05, 2013, 10:03:40 PM

The Cows were right up against the cap this past offseason, but still managed to give Carr a $50 million contract. The dude meddles, but he ain't afraid to go spend money if he sees a player he wants.

Ya I like Carr too.  But who knows if that was Jerra's idea.?     It might have been that dude that cleans his glasses during the games.

chace1986

Hall of Famer

#487 : January 05, 2013, 10:07:16 PM

Ya I like Carr too.  But who knows if that was Jerra's idea.?     It might have been that dude that cleans his glasses during the games.

His son, Stephen, is about as involved in the organization as he is, so you could also look his way at times.

The Anti-Java

Hall of Famer

#488 : January 05, 2013, 10:09:59 PM

His son, Stephen, is about as involved in the organization as he is, so you could also look his way at times.

I don't think Gru comes back at all, but if he did,  that Chargers job might interest him.  They fired Norv and AJ,  so Gru could pick his own guy.  And its a decent squad with a decent QB.

Page: 1 ... 31 32 33
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: In Hindsight....Should the Bucs have stayed at #5 and drafted Morris Claiborne ? « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools