Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Freeman and Sanchez stats are pretty close. « previous next »
Page: 1 2

michael89156

Hall of Famer

: November 02, 2012, 02:54:03 AM

Doug Williams again says Bucs wanted to trade for Sanchez

by Gil Arcia

There has been a much publicized rift between the Buccaneers organization and former  front office executive Doug Williams. While making an appearance on the Ron and Ian Show on 620 WDAE Thursday morning, Williams stuck to his words he once said about the Bucs initial draft day plan before drafting Josh Freeman.

When Josh came out, i was probably one of the two people in the room who wanted Josh Freeman at the time. Most of the brass, not talking about the owners because I dont know what their mindset was, evidently it had to be Josh Freeman because thats who we picked, everybody wanted to trade for Sanchez at the time.

Back in 2011, after being let go for a second time by the Buccaneers, Williams told the Tampa Bay Times he laughs when he hears the team talk about Josh Freeman.

I laugh, when I hear them talk about Josh Freeman. I know they wanted Mark Sanchez. I sat right there while they were talking about trading up and getting Sanchez and all these different scenarios. Raheem Morris was the strongest guy in there. I remember the owners asking me which quarterback I liked. I said, If you want someone to play right now, take Sanchez. But I think over the long haul, Josh is going to be better, and I think hes proven that.

If true, things could have been much different if the New York Jets did not trade up to the fifth spot of the 2009 draft and select Mark Sanchez. And with the recent offensive surge from Josh Freeman, its beginning to look promising for him and the Buccaners.

If youd like to listen to the entire Doug Williams interview, click here.

http://www.620wdae.com/player/?station=WDAE-AM&program_name=podcast&program_id=RonandIan.xml&mid=22589592

Comparison by the numbers since 2009

Mark Sanchez 55 games, 30-25 record, 10,945 yards, 54.9% completion, 65 TD, 58 INT, 73.2 rating

Josh Freeman 48 games, 20-27 record, 10,698 yards, 59.7% completion, 65 TD, 51 INT, 81.1 rating

(Photo credit: AP)

http://www.thebaycave.com/2012/11/01/doug-williams-says-bucs-wanted-to-trade-for-sanchez/

Buc on the Move

Pro Bowler

#1 : November 02, 2012, 03:00:00 AM

I'll take Free over the Dirty one any day.  And is it just me, or does D. Williams sound a little bitter?  Even if there was talk about Sanchez, I would imagine teams have multitudes of plan and wants, and it doesn't always fall their way.  In the end what matters is how you develop and treat the players you do get.  At this point Rah Rah and company are all gone anyway. . .get over it.

tbc_bucs

Hall of Famer
#2 : November 02, 2012, 05:58:07 AM

Take away the 9 games as a rookie and freeman has performed fairly well overall... 54tds and 33 ints

Dunk-a-Neers

Second String

#3 : November 02, 2012, 06:34:05 AM

This is stupid to even compare numbers based on games played.  There is a 7 game difference and free already has better stats than Sanchez.  Add another 1500 yards and 10+ to Free for those 7 games and its not close at all

Dolorous Jason

Hall of Famer

#4 : November 02, 2012, 07:33:30 AM

...and this is why the Bucs aren't putting Doug Williams in the ROH . He's out thier talking sh!t about Dummynik on a regular basis , and Dummynik is a part of that ROH process.

What is your point? I was wrong? Ok. You win. I was wrong.

Madman

Hall of Famer
#5 : November 02, 2012, 12:21:29 PM

So what. Most people had Sanchez rated higher coming out. Happy to hear they didn't just focus on Freeman b/c of Rah's connection to him. Happy to have Freeman.

BucBalla85

Hall of Famer

#6 : November 02, 2012, 12:31:39 PM

Sanchez should be a lot better. Wasnt he drafted 6th overall?

Bucs_Rule

Hall of Famer
#7 : November 02, 2012, 12:55:54 PM

Did Dominick pee in Williams' cereal or something? Ever since he left the organization Williams has done nothing  but talk bad about the bucs.

DeltaBuc5

Hall of Famer

#8 : November 02, 2012, 01:05:26 PM

Obvious idiotic sportwriter is obvious.

Comparison by the numbers since 2009

Mark Sanchez 55 games, 30-25 record, 10,945 yards, 54.9% completion, 65 TD, 58 INT, 73.2 rating

Josh Freeman 48 games, 20-27 record, 10,698 yards, 59.7% completion, 65 TD, 51 INT, 81.1 rating

Let's do just a BIT of math here...umm....

If Freeman had played 55 games (this is based on the averages from the numbers above), he would have:

12,258 Yards
74 Touchdown Passes
58 INTs

Oh look...more excuses for Sanchez's pathetic on the field performance.

lyronmewis

Hall of Famer

#9 : November 02, 2012, 01:17:44 PM

Overall stats don't tell a full story either.

Sanchez has been average to bad his whole career so far.

Freeman has had a great year, a horrible one, and what looks like another great year so far. At least statistically.

DeltaBuc5

Hall of Famer

#10 : November 02, 2012, 01:22:22 PM

Overall stats don't tell a full story either.

Sanchez has been average to bad his whole career so far.

Freeman has had a great year, a horrible one, and what looks like another great year so far. At least statistically.

I keep saying that, if the Jets had Freeman, they'd have won a superbowl by now.

Sanchez was handed a playoff team and he slowly turned it into trash. I REALLY don't understand why the Jets would keep him after this season.

jerseybucsfan

Hall of Famer
#11 : November 02, 2012, 01:34:31 PM

Sanchez didn't turn the Jets to trash. Tannenbaum the GM did. Their Oline? Gradually gotten worse over the last four years. Receivers? Worse than the group they had. The defense? Where has he upgraded? The Jets are like the Bucs in that they haven't had a double-digit sack guy in seven years.
Sanchez isn't great and IMHO he's not as good as Free. But as his supporting cast gets worse and worse, he looks worse.

In Verner We Trust

benir0

Hall of Famer

#12 : November 02, 2012, 01:37:56 PM

The stats are somewhat close with a significant advantage to Freeman, while Freeman's numbers are on an upward trend, Sanchez' are tanking.  Thankfully, we got the right guy.

Let me get this straight, Mr. Doug Williams: you are saying that a team with a need at QB, looked longingly at a QB taken 12 spots higher in the draft than where they were selecting?  EVERYONE thought Sanchez was better and EVERYONE was wrong...except for Doug Williams.  Gloat about being right, not about this implied betrayal of Freeman because we thought someone else was better.  Free is better.

The Anti-Java

Hall of Famer

#13 : November 02, 2012, 01:52:25 PM

I think Sanchez has pretty much plateaued out.  Free is still on the upswing.  As we have seen the last few games.

Biggs3535

Hall of Famer
#14 : November 02, 2012, 02:04:00 PM

Did Dominick pee in Williams' cereal or something? Ever since he left the organization Williams has done nothing  but talk bad about the bucs.

Williams is a petulant child.  If he was as good as he says he is, he wouldn't be 1-7 at Grambling right now.  The guy is only good at patting himself on the back.

Page: 1 2
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Freeman and Sanchez stats are pretty close. « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools