Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Freeman and Sanchez stats are pretty close. « previous next »
Page: 1 2

PewterBlitz

Starter

#15 : November 02, 2012, 02:17:27 PM

Why is everyone on Freeman's jock all of a sudden. The guy sucks, he's had 3 good games against 2 horrendous defensive squads and one average. How is the this idiot, who throws half of this passes to the grass being praised so hard? I guess the next time we play a good defense and he looks like good ol' Free again, the world will come back to reality. I for one, hope I can eat crow at the end of this season about this matter.

lyronmewis

Hall of Famer

#16 : November 02, 2012, 02:22:13 PM

Why is everyone on Freeman's jock all of a sudden. The guy sucks, he's had 3 good games against 2 horrendous defensive squads and one average. How is the this idiot, who throws half of this passes to the grass being praised so hard? I guess the next time we play a good defense and he looks like good ol' Free again, the world will come back to reality. I for one, hope I can eat crow at the end of this season about this matter.

Even the biggest Freeman supporters know that he's not a complete QB yet. The difference is that he's showing improvement. He's showing that he can put up big numbers and limit turnovers. He still has to work on his accuracy and reading the defense, but I like what I see so far.

BucBalla85

Hall of Famer

#17 : November 02, 2012, 02:36:30 PM

Even the biggest Freeman supporters know that he's not a complete QB yet. The difference is that he's showing improvement. He's showing that he can put up big numbers and limit turnovers. He still has to work on his accuracy and reading the defense, but I like what I see so far.

I think hes done a solid job this year taking care of the ball. Which is very important for success in this league. The offense started off slow in the new system but is now playing well. Its not a bad time to be positive about him. Yes he could be more accurate. We all know that. But after the way he started the year and to now play better the more hes been in the system is what we want to see. And of course we want to see him be more accurate too. Who doesnt tho??

nubcake

Hall of Famer

#18 : November 02, 2012, 03:18:08 PM

Obvious idiotic sportwriter is obvious.

Comparison by the numbers since 2009

Mark Sanchez 55 games, 30-25 record, 10,945 yards, 54.9% completion, 65 TD, 58 INT, 73.2 rating

Josh Freeman 48 games, 20-27 record, 10,698 yards, 59.7% completion, 65 TD, 51 INT, 81.1 rating

Let's do just a BIT of math here...umm....

If Freeman had played 55 games (this is based on the averages from the numbers above), he would have:

12,258 Yards
74 Touchdown Passes
58 INTs

Oh look...more excuses for Sanchez's pathetic on the field performance.

And of course, no mention of their supporting casts either. The Bucs and Jets as a whole have evened out this year, but prior to this season it hasn't even been close. The Jets during the first two years under Sanchez were absolutely stacked.

BucBalla85

Hall of Famer

#19 : November 02, 2012, 03:20:06 PM

Obvious idiotic sportwriter is obvious.

Comparison by the numbers since 2009

Mark Sanchez 55 games, 30-25 record, 10,945 yards, 54.9% completion, 65 TD, 58 INT, 73.2 rating

Josh Freeman 48 games, 20-27 record, 10,698 yards, 59.7% completion, 65 TD, 51 INT, 81.1 rating

Let's do just a BIT of math here...umm....

If Freeman had played 55 games (this is based on the averages from the numbers above), he would have:

12,258 Yards
74 Touchdown Passes
58 INTs

Oh look...more excuses for Sanchez's pathetic on the field performance.

And of course, no mention of their supporting casts either. The Bucs and Jets as a whole have evened out this year, but prior to this season it hasn't even been close. The Jets during the first two years under Sanchez were absolutely stacked.

Yup. The Jets were Super Bowl contenders those years. They really should have held onto Favre and drafted something else with that 6th pick. Sanchez has really been a poor decision for them. Especially at 6.

The Anti-Java

Hall of Famer

#20 : November 02, 2012, 08:46:56 PM

You missed the 2010 season?  It hasn't just been the last 3 games.

Buc on the Move

Pro Bowler

#21 : November 03, 2012, 02:47:30 AM

You are going too far with this.  Who is on Freeman's jock?  The thread is just regarding Freeman vs. Sanchez.  I don't know of anyone labeling Freeman as elite or anything like that.  I even asked point blank a while back.  Freeman does not "suck", nor is he "elite".  Now where in the middle of the spectrum he falls could be up for some debate, but not at either extreme.

Vinny Testeverde SUCKED when he was a Buc, Josh Freeman, NO.

Better than Sanchez???oh hell yeah.

bamabucs

Starter

#22 : November 03, 2012, 03:48:14 AM

You are the kind of idiot that needs to include that last sentence "I hope I am proven wrong" to cover up your dislike/hate for Freeman in general. Trust me, your kind of schtick has gotten old and it does not fool anyone anymore.

JM2

Pro Bowler

#23 : November 03, 2012, 08:10:57 AM

I actually think both of them have a history of inconsistency, displaying at times rare playmaking ability, while at others showcasing mind boggling stupidity. I think it is still too early to write the final chapter on either young man. One or both could actually continue to develop and become great. I believe Freeman has the greater potential and likelihood of success, but I think there are many factors that play into this, including situation, expectations, coaching staff and team. Freeman seems to be on the rise, on a team headed in the right direction, while the Jets are decidedly "other." Time will tell and in a few years we will have our answer. I'm thinking that by the time Fab Five Free's career is over he is holding a Lombardi and a Super Bowl MVP trophy.

And with the first pick in the 2014 NFL Draft, the Tampa Bay Buccaneers select Teddy Bridgewater, Quarterback, Louisville.

The Anti-Java

Hall of Famer

#24 : November 03, 2012, 01:11:48 PM

I actually think both of them have a history of inconsistency, displaying at times rare playmaking ability, while at others showcasing mind boggling stupidity. I think it is still too early to write the final chapter on either young man. One or both could actually continue to develop and become great. I believe Freeman has the greater potential and likelihood of success, but I think there are many factors that play into this, including situation, expectations, coaching staff and team. Freeman seems to be on the rise, on a team headed in the right direction, while the Jets are decidedly "other." Time will tell and in a few years we will have our answer. I'm thinking that by the time Fab Five Free's career is over he is holding a Lombardi and a Super Bowl MVP trophy.

Agree with that, but lets hope its with Bucs, and not some other team.  I will feel better about the whole situation, when they give him a new contract.  Hopefull after this season.

dalbuc

Hall of Famer

#25 : November 03, 2012, 01:18:16 PM

Sanchez's "good" has been a lot more scattered. The problem he has is simple: accuracy. he doesn't have it. He is a career 55% passer and is 52% this year. Those are just not acceptable figures and are frankly shocking for a guy who had a fairly limited passing responsibility early in his career.  Worse is that Marky-Mark is a 6,5 ypa type passer so he's not a big play guy and that is killing his accuracy. Freeman only has one year lower than Sanchez's career average - and that was his rookie year.  Even last year's dink n' dunk fest is better than average Sanchez. Right now Freeman is 55% accuracy so he's not a pinpoint guy but he's throwing downfield so much (he's 2nd in ypa and first in ypc but a mile) that you expect some drop in completion %.

All posts are opinions in case you are too stupid to figure that out on your own without me saying it over and over.

benir0

Hall of Famer

#26 : November 04, 2012, 12:03:44 PM

Why?  Because he has been thrown into different systems with a complete lack of coaching over the first three years of his career.  Before the season, I said that the first month of this season would be rough, and it was almost exactly that.  As Shelton said the the TB Times today: if you split this season down the middle with halftime of the Redskins game as the midpoint, you see the picture of a QB who is getting comfortable.  His completion percentage will just improve.  Plus, his career passing percentage is already higher than Eli's. 

First half of this season so far: 54/102 for 579 and 4TDs/4INTs.

Secons half of this season so far: 69/121 for 1,228 and 10 TDs/1INT.

I hope this helps explain why people are excited by this guy's development.

benir0

Hall of Famer

#27 : November 04, 2012, 12:07:51 PM

Sanchez's "good" has been a lot more scattered. The problem he has is simple: accuracy. he doesn't have it. He is a career 55% passer and is 52% this year. Those are just not acceptable figures and are frankly shocking for a guy who had a fairly limited passing responsibility early in his career.  Worse is that Marky-Mark is a 6,5 ypa type passer so he's not a big play guy and that is killing his accuracy. Freeman only has one year lower than Sanchez's career average - and that was his rookie year.  Even last year's dink n' dunk fest is better than average Sanchez. Right now Freeman is 55% accuracy so he's not a pinpoint guy but he's throwing downfield so much (he's 2nd in ypa and first in ypc but a mile) that you expect some drop in completion %.

I agree with all that you said.  I think that Freeman will finish close to 60% this year as his confidence continues to come up with this offence.  He had over 60% in each of the last two years.  I think the new offence has had more impact on his percent than the deep throws, because he actually is completing more than half of the deep stuff.

The Anti-Java

Hall of Famer

#28 : November 04, 2012, 02:38:37 PM

No way I trade Freeman for Sanchez.  Free has much more upside.  I think Sanchize has pretty much reached his ceiling.

Bucman

Hall of Famer
#29 : November 04, 2012, 02:50:53 PM

If having the 12th ranked passing D is average, I'm all for average for our pass D.

Page: 1 2
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Freeman and Sanchez stats are pretty close. « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools