Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: “Greg Schiano Really Liked This Guy” « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3

Morgan

User is banned from postingMuted
Hall of Famer
« : November 02, 2012, 03:46:19 PM »

“Greg Schiano Really Liked This Guy” from JoeBucsFan.com
November 2nd, 2012

Interesting stuff in this Boston sports radio audio below from popcorn-munching, coffee-slurping, fried-chicken-eating, oatmeal-loving, circle-jerking, beer-chugging Peter King, of Sports Illustrated and NBC Sports fame.

King reveals some of his fireside training camp chat with Greg Schiano about Aqib Talib. And King shares his talks with Talib, as well.

“Greg Schiano really liked this guy,” King emphasized.

King went on to make sure Patriots fans understand that Talib is not a great cornerback, merely slightly above average. He’s “not nirvana” for the Pats. (King gets into the Bucs about 3:10 of the audio.)

http://audio.weei.com/a/65789878/peter-king-si-on-the-patriots-new-cb-aqib-talib.htm

dalbuc

Hall of Famer

« #1 : November 02, 2012, 04:52:57 PM »

I thought the most interesting stat was that when Talib was in coverage the passer rating was over 100 and the completion % was 66%. Yeah, that'll be missed.

All posts are opinions in case you are too stupid to figure that out on your own without me saying it over and over.

Mean D

Pro Bowler

« #2 : November 02, 2012, 07:09:00 PM »

At this writing I have entered exactly 3 threads today and Morgan has quoted JBF in each.  A little too much manlove I think.

TampaBucks05

Hall of Famer
« #3 : November 02, 2012, 07:55:57 PM »

.... Yeah, I bet he did, until he hurt the organization by getting suspended for popping adderall. T-B-A

BucNY

Hall of Famer

« #4 : November 02, 2012, 09:43:32 PM »

It shouldn't be any surprise that Schiano liked Talib. You could hear it when he talked about it. It shows how dedicated and that he is a man of his word to trade a player that he personally liked so well.

\\\\\\\"This forum needs a poster like BucNY now more than ever\\\\\\\"
      - Everyone

The Anti-Java

Hall of Famer

« #5 : November 02, 2012, 10:04:53 PM »

At this writing I have entered exactly 3 threads today and Morgan has quoted JBF in each.  A little too much manlove I think.

I am convinced Morgan is a "Joe".

sig pic by chace1986

PewterReportMC....
\\\\\\\"Java, do you understand this a perfect example of why people beg me to suspend or ban you on a daily basis? Are you actually trying to make a point? Seriously what is the reason for even commenting. In fact why do you even bother coming to the boards? What happened to the intelligent poster from years ago?  A real shame. Like the Bucs yesterday, a wasted effort.\\\\\\\"

chace1986

Hall of Famer

« #6 : November 02, 2012, 10:08:48 PM »

History is definitely on your side with that theory.

The Anti-Java

Hall of Famer

« #7 : November 02, 2012, 10:12:48 PM »

In a blatant attempt to totally derail the thread..........You know it wouldn't surprise me in the Cowgirls beat the Falcons this weekend.  That's how schizo they are as a team. 

sig pic by chace1986

PewterReportMC....
\\\\\\\"Java, do you understand this a perfect example of why people beg me to suspend or ban you on a daily basis? Are you actually trying to make a point? Seriously what is the reason for even commenting. In fact why do you even bother coming to the boards? What happened to the intelligent poster from years ago?  A real shame. Like the Bucs yesterday, a wasted effort.\\\\\\\"

chace1986

Hall of Famer

« #8 : November 02, 2012, 10:22:18 PM »

In a blatant attempt to totally derail the thread..........You know it wouldn't surprise me in the Cowgirls beat the Falcons this weekend.  That's how schizo they are as a team.

Yup. To (roughly) quote Trey Wingo while he was on with Cowherd today...."This feels like a game the Cowboys win...then it will get everyone's hopes up...and then they lose the next three. That's just who they are."

The Anti-Java

Hall of Famer

« #9 : November 02, 2012, 10:24:42 PM »

Yup. To (roughly) quote Trey Wingo while he was on with Cowherd today...."This feels like a game the Cowboys win...then it will get everyone's hopes up...and then they lose the next three. That's just who they are."

Ain't that the truth.   I could see the Bucs knocking them off at least once, later in the season.

sig pic by chace1986

PewterReportMC....

youngone

Hall of Famer

« #10 : November 02, 2012, 10:25:58 PM »

I already called it... Cowboys win on Sunday

The Anti-Java

Hall of Famer

« #11 : November 02, 2012, 11:06:38 PM »

I already called it... Cowboys win on Sunday

Agree, but the future is looking dismal for them IMO.   Romo getting long in the tooth.  Unless Jerra can work his magic and come up with a franchise QB in the next year or two, could be rough times ahead for Cowpoke fans.

We better lock up #5 before Jerra gets any ideas.

sig pic by chace1986

PewterReportMC....

Hate

Hall of Famer
« #12 : November 02, 2012, 11:16:37 PM »

Or Joanne

-------------------------------------------------------

I thought Lovie said he wanted quickness & speed, even at the QB position?

Hate

Hall of Famer
« #13 : November 02, 2012, 11:19:48 PM »

Agree, but the future is looking dismal for them IMO.   Romo getting long in the tooth.  Unless Jerra can work his magic and come up with a franchise QB in the next year or two, could be rough times ahead for Cowpoke fans.

We better lock up #5 before Jerra gets any ideas.

Despite leading a struggling Dallas Cowboys offense and being plagued by interceptions and poor decisions, the Cowboys apparently have enough confidence in starting quarterback Tony Romo to begin preliminary talks for a contract extension.
It may seem strange to want to extend a quarterback that leads the league in interceptions through the first half of the season, but that is exactly what Cowboys vice president Stephen Jones is prepared to do according to Clarence Hill of the Fort Worth Star-Telegram.
Romo’s contract currently would keep him as a member of the Cowboys for one more year but the team wants him under contract until he retires.
“We still feel that way,” Jones said. “We’ve got a lot of confidence in Tony. Tony has a lot of confidence in himself. He is going to be fine. He is not the problem.”
It’s okay to deflect the blame from Romo and express confidence in your starting quarterback. However, Jones went way over the line when he began to compare Romo to NFL greats Brett Favre and John Elway.
“I think he is going to get better,” Jones said. “There are a lot of quarterbacks it doesn’t happen right way for them as far as winning championships and that type of thing. You don’t have to look any further than some of the Hall of Famers like Elway and Favre. It came late in their careers.
“They had some of the same issues that Tony has had. They had some really great games and some tough ones in terms of turning it over and that type of thing. It’s all part of the process. There’s a lot of expectations. He welcomes that. He will thrive.”
Oh, Stephen. What are we going to do with you?
It seems pretty evident that the Cowboys will not be able to make the jump to legitimate Super Bowl contender with Tony Romo running the show, but the men in charge in Dallas see things differently. This is just the latest example of why Cowboys fans have become accustomed to mediocrity and underachieving teams.

http://fansided.com/2012/11/02/dallas-cowboys-tony-romo-talking-contract-extension/

-------------------------------------------------------

I thought Lovie said he wanted quickness & speed, even at the QB position?

The Anti-Java

Hall of Famer

« #14 : November 02, 2012, 11:20:34 PM »

Or Joanne

He is a little on edge today, his BFF got banned, he is feeling lonely.

sig pic by chace1986

PewterReportMC....
  Page: 1 2 3
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: “Greg Schiano Really Liked This Guy” « previous next »
:  

Hide Tools Show Tools