Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: “Greg Schiano Really Liked This Guy” « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3

The Anti-Java

Hall of Famer

« #15 : November 02, 2012, 11:23:59 PM »

Agree, but the future is looking dismal for them IMO.   Romo getting long in the tooth.  Unless Jerra can work his magic and come up with a franchise QB in the next year or two, could be rough times ahead for Cowpoke fans.

We better lock up #5 before Jerra gets any ideas.

Despite leading a struggling Dallas Cowboys offense and being plagued by interceptions and poor decisions, the Cowboys apparently have enough confidence in starting quarterback Tony Romo to begin preliminary talks for a contract extension.
It may seem strange to want to extend a quarterback that leads the league in interceptions through the first half of the season, but that is exactly what Cowboys vice president Stephen Jones is prepared to do according to Clarence Hill of the Fort Worth Star-Telegram.
Romo’s contract currently would keep him as a member of the Cowboys for one more year but the team wants him under contract until he retires.
“We still feel that way,” Jones said. “We’ve got a lot of confidence in Tony. Tony has a lot of confidence in himself. He is going to be fine. He is not the problem.”
It’s okay to deflect the blame from Romo and express confidence in your starting quarterback. However, Jones went way over the line when he began to compare Romo to NFL greats Brett Favre and John Elway.
“I think he is going to get better,” Jones said. “There are a lot of quarterbacks it doesn’t happen right way for them as far as winning championships and that type of thing. You don’t have to look any further than some of the Hall of Famers like Elway and Favre. It came late in their careers.
“They had some of the same issues that Tony has had. They had some really great games and some tough ones in terms of turning it over and that type of thing. It’s all part of the process. There’s a lot of expectations. He welcomes that. He will thrive.”
Oh, Stephen. What are we going to do with you?
It seems pretty evident that the Cowboys will not be able to make the jump to legitimate Super Bowl contender with Tony Romo running the show, but the men in charge in Dallas see things differently. This is just the latest example of why Cowboys fans have become accustomed to mediocrity and underachieving teams.

http://fansided.com/2012/11/02/dallas-cowboys-tony-romo-talking-contract-extension/

Dang, thats amazing.  Dude is 32 years old.   And Jerra says he is still improving.  I hope we are not still saying that about Freeman when he is 32.  I can see it with a 24 year old kid.  But Romo?

sig pic by chace1986

PewterReportMC....
\\\\\\\"Java, do you understand this a perfect example of why people beg me to suspend or ban you on a daily basis? Are you actually trying to make a point? Seriously what is the reason for even commenting. In fact why do you even bother coming to the boards? What happened to the intelligent poster from years ago?  A real shame. Like the Bucs yesterday, a wasted effort.\\\\\\\"

chace1986

Hall of Famer

« #16 : November 03, 2012, 07:34:00 AM »

Agree, but the future is looking dismal for them IMO.   Romo getting long in the tooth.  Unless Jerra can work his magic and come up with a franchise QB in the next year or two, could be rough times ahead for Cowpoke fans.

Despite leading a struggling Dallas Cowboys offense and being plagued by interceptions and poor decisions, the Cowboys apparently have enough confidence in starting quarterback Tony Romo to begin preliminary talks for a contract extension.
It may seem strange to want to extend a quarterback that leads the league in interceptions through the first half of the season, but that is exactly what Cowboys vice president Stephen Jones is prepared to do according to Clarence Hill of the Fort Worth Star-Telegram.
Romo’s contract currently would keep him as a member of the Cowboys for one more year but the team wants him under contract until he retires.
“We still feel that way,” Jones said. “We’ve got a lot of confidence in Tony. Tony has a lot of confidence in himself. He is going to be fine. He is not the problem.”
It’s okay to deflect the blame from Romo and express confidence in your starting quarterback. However, Jones went way over the line when he began to compare Romo to NFL greats Brett Favre and John Elway.
“I think he is going to get better,” Jones said. “There are a lot of quarterbacks it doesn’t happen right way for them as far as winning championships and that type of thing. You don’t have to look any further than some of the Hall of Famers like Elway and Favre. It came late in their careers.
“They had some of the same issues that Tony has had. They had some really great games and some tough ones in terms of turning it over and that type of thing. It’s all part of the process. There’s a lot of expectations. He welcomes that. He will thrive.”
It seems pretty evident that the Cowboys will not be able to make the jump to legitimate Super Bowl contender with Tony Romo running the show, but the men in charge in Dallas see things differently. This is just the latest example of why Cowboys fans have become accustomed to mediocrity and underachieving teams.

http://fansided.com/2012/11/02/dallas-cowboys-tony-romo-talking-contract-extension/

Dang, thats amazing.  Dude is 32 years old.   And Jerra says he is still improving.  I hope we are not still saying that about Freeman when he is 32.  I can see it with a 24 year old kid.  But Romo?

It's truly amazing. JJ has an ego the size of Texas. He is determined to ride Romo into the ground because of the countless times that he has pom-pom'd for Romo. I have to say, I'm loving it. Just means another X amount of years that the Cows won't do sh*t.

I feel bad for players like D. Ware and Sean Lee though. D. Ware is probably my favorite (non-Buc) player.

Until preseason, you stay classy Red Board.

CyberDilemma

Hall of Famer

« #17 : November 03, 2012, 12:15:43 PM »

It's truly amazing. JJ has an ego the size of Texas. He is determined to ride Romo into the ground because of the countless times that he has pom-pom'd for Romo. I have to say, I'm loving it. Just means another X amount of years that the Cows won't do sh*t.

I feel bad for players like D. Ware and Sean Lee though. D. Ware is probably my favorite (non-Buc) player.

You gotta remember. This is the same guy who drafted Quincy Carter.

dalbuc

Hall of Famer

« #18 : November 03, 2012, 01:06:02 PM »

...and then drafted Chad Hutchinson, anyone recall that kid, a short time later.

All posts are opinions in case you are too stupid to figure that out on your own without me saying it over and over.

chace1986

Hall of Famer

« #19 : November 03, 2012, 01:13:25 PM »

...and then drafted Chad Hutchinson, anyone recall that kid, a short time later.

...and couldn't work with Jimmy Johnson after he had just helped build that team and coached his way to two Lombardi trophies.

The Anti-Java

Hall of Famer

« #20 : November 03, 2012, 01:16:57 PM »

...and couldn't work with Jimmy Johnson after he had just helped build that team and coached his way to two Lombardi trophies.

I see the Cowgirls falling off big time after this season, they are already headed in that direction. Romo is pushing 40, and I don't think they have a plan B.

sig pic by chace1986

PewterReportMC....
\\\\\\\"Java, do you understand this a perfect example of why people beg me to suspend or ban you on a daily basis? Are you actually trying to make a point? Seriously what is the reason for even commenting. In fact why do you even bother coming to the boards? What happened to the intelligent poster from years ago?  A real shame. Like the Bucs yesterday, a wasted effort.\\\\\\\"

dalbuc

Hall of Famer

« #21 : November 03, 2012, 01:19:54 PM »

In fairness to Jerry, Jimmy was done. The players were tuning him out. He was a college coach and he had, from all reports, 4 years of material. He'd started recycling stuff and players weren't into it. Also, for all people laugh at Switzer the dude won a Super Bowl.

All posts are opinions in case you are too stupid to figure that out on your own without me saying it over and over.

dalbuc

Hall of Famer

« #22 : November 03, 2012, 01:20:43 PM »

I see the Cowgirls falling off big time after this season, they are already headed in that direction. Romo is pushing 40, and I don't think they have a plan B.

Dallas is sort of become Raider-esque. I'm not sure Jerry can get a big name coach to come work for him because, like Darth Al, he meddles around too much.

The Anti-Java

Hall of Famer

« #23 : November 03, 2012, 01:25:48 PM »

Dallas is sort of become Raider-esque. I'm not sure Jerry can get a big name coach to come work for him because, like Darth Al, he meddles around too much.

Agree.  I just hope we lock up Freeman before its too late.  I could see Jerra throwing the bank at him big time, if he hits the FA market.

sig pic by chace1986

PewterReportMC....

chace1986

Hall of Famer

« #24 : November 03, 2012, 02:00:51 PM »

Agree.  I just hope we lock up Freeman before its too late.  I could see Jerra throwing the bank at him big time, if he hits the FA market.

There is still plenty of time to sign Freeman...if he earns it.

As far as a HC coming to Dallas. I could actually see Gruden there. He would be on the TV screen in the vast majority of the country, week in-week out. He would have an owner/gm that isn't afraid to spend $. There still is quite a bit of talent on the roster. He likes Romo as a QB.

I think the Cowboys brand would be too much of a positive for him not to take the job(if offered)...even if the price is dealing with JJs meddling.

The Anti-Java

Hall of Famer

« #25 : November 03, 2012, 02:03:46 PM »

There is still plenty of time to sign Freeman...if he earns it.

As far as a HC coming to Dallas. I could actually see Gruden there. He would be on the TV screen in the vast majority of the country, week in-week out. He would have an owner/gm that isn't afraid to spend $. There still is quite a bit of talent on the roster. He likes Romo as a QB.

I think the Cowboys brand would be too much of a positive for him not to take the job(if offered)...even if the price is dealing with JJs meddling.

IDK man,  I can't see him letting Jerra make personal calls.  If he takes a gig, I would think he will demand FULL control.

sig pic by chace1986

PewterReportMC....

Morgan

User is banned from postingMuted
Hall of Famer
« #26 : November 03, 2012, 03:23:32 PM »

Talib Departure Nearly Closes Book on 2008 Draft
http://www.joebucsfan.com/

One of the reasons that Chucky was jettisoned by Team Glazer was his terrible Matt Millen-like drafts. Chucky swung and missed so often, Karlos Pena was left blanch.

Troubled, granny-hassling, coach-cussing, helmet-wielding, cabbie-punching, Adderall-popping Aqib Talib’s departure Thursday all but closed the book on the ugly 2008 draft.

The lone remaining player from that draft — just four years later — may be the best pick by Chucky in that draft, Jeremy Zuttah.

Here’s the 2008 Bucs draft:

Aqib Talib, CB (traded to Pats)
(The bad) Dexter Jackson, WR (out of football)
Jeremy Zuttah, OL (starts for Bucs)
Dre Moore, DT (out of football)
Josh Johnson, QB (played for Sacramento Mountain Lions of UFL when league shut down operations this fall)
Geno Hayes, LB (plays for Bears)
Cory Boyd, RB (out of football)

This is just brutal. Four years later, only one player remains on the team. Any wonder why the Bucs struggled the past couple of years and had no depth?

It all started with Chucky, who Joe will forever be grateful for when he took the Bucs to a Super Bowl victory.http://www.joebucsfan.com/

CyberDilemma

Hall of Famer

« #27 : November 03, 2012, 08:45:18 PM »

I get the feeling that Schiano is the type of guy who would cut or trade his own mother is she served him the wrong type of noodle.

dbucfan

Hall of Famer
« #28 : November 03, 2012, 10:15:29 PM »

I'm starting to believe M organ is either JBF or JBF's wife. 

\"A Great Coach has to have a Patient Wife, A Loyal Dog, and a Great Quarterback. . . . but not necessarily in that order\" ~ Coach Bud Grant

Biggs3535

Hall of Famer
« #29 : November 03, 2012, 10:22:19 PM »

At this writing I have entered exactly 3 threads today and Morgan has quoted JBF in each.  A little too much manlove I think.

I am convinced Morgan is a "Joe".

I don't know about that.  But I'd guess Morgana and Isbitts took a drive up to New Hampshire and made it legal.

Page: 1 2 3
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: “Greg Schiano Really Liked This Guy” « previous next »
:  

Hide Tools Show Tools