Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: What happened to our OL « previous next »
Page: 1 2

xBuCsX_4_XeVax

User is on moderator watch listWatched
Pro Bowler

: November 04, 2012, 11:06:32 PM

Ever since Meredith got inserted into the starting lineup we've been a power running team... Is it a coincidence or has he made that kind of difference ?

tripblood

Hall of Famer

#1 : November 04, 2012, 11:12:24 PM

Meredith has been a positive surprise. Hes played well in both facets

Show No MRSA..

FIRE SCHIANO!!!!

Its so hard for me to sit back on this forum, lookin at a guy on here, holler in\' my name!  When last year i spent more on 5 electric bills from this side of the country to the other, than you made! You\'re talkin to the Rolex wearing, diamond earring wearing, kiss-stealin, WOOOO!, wheelin dealin\', CTS drivin, jet-flyin sonofagun.. And I\'m havin a hard time holding these alligators down! WOOOO!

DeltaBuc5

Hall of Famer

#2 : November 04, 2012, 11:14:31 PM

Toes on the line, son. You either get with the program, or get out.

I think Schiano has made that clear and most players are getting the message.

Ft Myers Buc Fan

Hall of Famer
#3 : November 04, 2012, 11:16:33 PM

Toes on the line, son. You either get with the program, or get out.

I think Schiano has made that clear and most players are getting the message.

And it is translating into wins......

ufojoe

Hall of Famer

#4 : November 04, 2012, 11:29:54 PM

People overlooked Lorig's impact on the run game and underestimated how hurt Nicks really was.

Where's Dalbuc to tell us how Lorig is a waste of a roster spot?

In my opinion the loss of Nicks is 100x more detrimental to the playoff chase.

Agreed. Question: How limited was Nicks these past few weeks? 80%? 70%? And who was more responsible for Martin's big day? The O Line or Lorig? I know it was both but Lorig's affect shouldn't be underestimated. And he's healthy.

Now a second blowout, on the other side? Not going very far very fast without your two Pro Bowl guards. I hope I am wrong though.

We'll see how the replacement does. He won't be Nicks but if he's adequate, we could be OK. I'll give up on playoffs when it's
obvious that they're out of reach.

GoldsonAges

Hall of Famer

#5 : November 04, 2012, 11:38:26 PM

I just watched the highlights, which is all I got this week. Of course I'm viewing a limited pool of plays, but.......Doug Martin is finding his cut back lanes on those long runs and he is beating the LB's and safeties on his 1-1 match-ups. He is simply BEAST MODE MARTIN right now.

Meredith did have a nuice pull on the TD run....Doug also waited for Z to shield him on the inside on that play. More than anything at all......forget the Oline and forget Lorig. Martin is making all the right moves. Waiting for blocks if he needs to, hitting the cutback lanes with a vengance and dominating his 1-1 matchups. 

To sum the last few weeks up.....Look! out on the field....it's a bird....it's a plane....NO, it's Beast Mode Martin. He is doing his Superman impression right now. He is an awesome addition to the team. I think I need to get my shades because the future is too bright. 

Mike Glennon
6\' 7\" 220 pounds.
6\' 6\" 210
6\' 5\" 200
6\' 4\" 190 6\' 3\" 180 6\' 2\" 170 6\' 1\" 160  6\' 0\" 150 How does he compare to your favorite QB?

chace1986

Hall of Famer

#6 : November 05, 2012, 12:19:12 AM

I might get blasted for this, but...

Every since Meredith has entered into the line up, he has played exponentially better than Davin has in the last 3 years. Davin is a shadow of the player he was when he was in the 2nd and 3rd years of his career. If Meredith's play continues, we may have seen the last of Davin Joseph in a Bucs uni. If so, I say, "Good riddance".

Until preseason, you stay classy Red Board.

ufojoe

Hall of Famer

#7 : November 05, 2012, 12:51:36 AM

Every since Meredith has entered into the line up, he has played exponentially better than Davin has in the last 3 years. Davin is a shadow of the player he was when he was in the 2nd and 3rd years of his career. If Meredith's play continues, we may have seen the last of Davin Joseph in a Bucs uni. If so, I say, "Good riddance".

You won't get blasted because it's already been discussed in other threads. The only issue people bring up is that we're locked into DJ because of his contract and guaranteed money. But that's not true.

Let him go.

ufojoe

Hall of Famer

#8 : November 05, 2012, 12:53:07 AM

forget the Oline and forget Lorig. Martin is making all the right moves. Waiting for blocks if he needs to, hitting the cutback lanes with a vengance and dominating his 1-1 matchups. 

Sorry but the O Line and Lorig are opening up those holes. And he's not missing them right now.

Amazing and fun to watch.

CyberDilemma

Hall of Famer

#9 : November 05, 2012, 12:56:38 AM

forget the Oline and forget Lorig. Martin is making all the right moves. Waiting for blocks if he needs to, hitting the cutback lanes with a vengance and dominating his 1-1 matchups. 

Sorry but the O Line and Lorig are opening up those holes. And he's not missing them right now.

Amazing and fun to watch.

If you notice, there is a new stutter or pause now before Freeman hands off the ball to Martin. It gives the o-line and Lorig time to work their blocks or for the guards (mostly Meredith) to pull before Martin hits the line of scrimmage rather than him just running into the ass of the o-linemen like he did before the bye week.

bucs4eva

Pro Bowler

#10 : November 05, 2012, 12:58:55 AM

Haha I knew you would definitely post in this thread. Any chance for a little Joseph bashing :)
Not saying you're wrong tho...

CyberDilemma

Hall of Famer

#11 : November 05, 2012, 01:03:20 AM

Haha I knew you would definitely post in this thread. Any chance for a little Joseph bashing :)
Not saying you're wrong tho...

This is the Joseph I remember most of the time....

http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-fantasy/09000d5d81aa7e9a/QB-Freeman-to-TE-Winslow-40-yd-pass

ufojoe

Hall of Famer

#12 : November 05, 2012, 08:46:13 AM

This is the Joseph I remember most of the time....

http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-fantasy/09000d5d81aa7e9a/QB-Freeman-to-TE-Winslow-40-yd-pass

Doesn't look very Pro Bowlish there. We can a lot more without him and his bloated salary next year.

BucNY

Hall of Famer

#13 : November 05, 2012, 09:02:56 AM

ufojoe...

Think your right. I think we didn't realize just how much nicks was hurt. The Raiders have a very good run defense with some very tough interior players and we just ripped them up. Nicks is a great player but clearly he wasn't even close to 100%.

Meredith is a beast and extremely strong. That was the rap sheet on him, he has been nothing short of very good since his 2nd start. Dotson. When Zuttah got moved to LG and Larsen was the Center I was worried we wouldn't be able to move anyone. Well I'm not so worried anymore.

\\\\\\\"This forum needs a poster like BucNY now more than ever\\\\\\\"
      - Everyone

3rd String Kicker

Hall of Famer
#14 : November 05, 2012, 09:06:03 AM

I'm stunned by the play of the line last night against a good front 7 against the Raiders. Zuttah did great at LG and I don't think I saw one UFC takedown by Larsen at C.
Page: 1 2
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: What happened to our OL « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools