Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: What happened to our OL « previous next »
Page: 1 2

NotDeadYet

Hall of Famer

#15 : November 05, 2012, 09:07:58 AM

The O'line is staying with their blocks better and better as the season progresses, and Martin is reading it and reacting to it. In short, our O'line is actually getting PHYSICAL out there!!

Super Selmon

Starter
#16 : November 05, 2012, 12:16:06 PM

Bob Bostad offensive line coach, that's what happened.

Madman

Hall of Famer
#17 : November 05, 2012, 12:32:49 PM

Bob Bostad offensive line coach, that's what happened.

This guy must be coaching his arse off! O-line was opening some huge holes.

Freeman's throws downfield are opening things up as well. Far cry from the Gruden days when all 11 defenders were seemingly within 10 yards of the LOS every play.

Detrimental

Hall of Famer

#18 : November 05, 2012, 12:34:37 PM

Meredith is the best offensive lineman on this team. He was crushing dominant yesterday. Zuttah and Larsen worked cohesively, didn't see them really dominate 1 player straight up. Seemed like a lot of ZBS yesterday, hence those HUGE cutback lanes for Martin.

chace1986

Hall of Famer

#19 : November 05, 2012, 12:48:47 PM

I might get blasted for this, but...

Every since Meredith has entered into the line up, he has played exponentially better than Davin has in the last 3 years. Davin is a shadow of the player he was when he was in the 2nd and 3rd years of his career. If Meredith's play continues, we may have seen the last of Davin Joseph in a Bucs uni. If so, I say, "Good riddance".

Haha I knew you would definitely post in this thread. Any chance for a little Joseph bashing :)
Not saying you're wrong tho...

Lol, not trying to bash Davin. It just looks as if he is the 3rd best guard on the team, but is the highest paid guard in the league over the past two seasons. His salary does drop down to the $6-7mil range next year, but that is a lot of money for a guy who has been below average for the last 2-3 years. Meredith should be the RG going forward. That $6-7 mil that is scheduled to go to Joseph needs to be redistributed to the defensive backfield.

Biggs3535

Hall of Famer
#20 : November 05, 2012, 01:15:36 PM

Meredith is the best offensive lineman on this team. He was crushing dominant yesterday. Zuttah and Larsen worked cohesively, didn't see them really dominate 1 player straight up. Seemed like a lot of ZBS yesterday, hence those HUGE cutback lanes for Martin.

While there was some ZBS, as there always is, I wouldn't say there was a lot.  I know on one of the long TD's Meredith pulled across the line to seal of McClain.  Meredith has been a very pleasant surprise.

Rushing YPG in 2011 through eight games:  98.1
Rushing YPG in 2012 through eight games:  131.0

xBuCsX_4_XeVax

User is on moderator watch listWatched
Pro Bowler

#21 : November 05, 2012, 01:31:50 PM

While there was some ZBS, as there always is, I wouldn't say there was a lot.  I know on one of the long TD's Meredith pulled across the line to seal of McClain.  Meredith has been a very pleasant surprise.

I love Davin Joseph and the attitude he brings to the OL.. But I wouldn't oppose to moving him to C and moving Zu to RT so the OL would look like  Penn Nicks Joseph Meredith Zuttah

chace1986

Hall of Famer

#22 : November 05, 2012, 01:43:31 PM

I love Davin Joseph and the attitude he brings to the OL.. But I wouldn't oppose to moving him to C and moving Zu to RT so the OL would look like  Penn Nicks Joseph Meredith Zuttah

What? Play Davin at C? Don't play Dotson at RT? Davin's footwork has progressively gotten worse since his foot injury a few years back, and now after a serious knee injury, I don't see how he is anything but a weakness to this OL if reinserted.

Time to move on.

bucs4eva

Pro Bowler

#23 : November 05, 2012, 01:48:20 PM

What? Play Davin at C? Don't play Dotson at RT? Davin's footwork has progressively gotten worse since his foot injury a few years back, and now after a serious knee injury, I don't see how he is anything but a weakness to this OL if reinserted.

Time to move on.

I'm not as down on Davin as you and some others are, but say we do decide to move on. Davin is considered to be among the best guards in football, if we try to trade him, what kind of pick would he get us back?

Biggs3535

Hall of Famer
#24 : November 05, 2012, 01:50:25 PM

I gotta admit, moving Joseph to Center is an intriguing option.

Feel Real Good

Hall of Famer

#25 : November 05, 2012, 01:53:11 PM

The amount of holes open is a reflection of the offensive line, but these really long runs are more a reflection of the running back and/or secondary tackling. I just saw a breakdown of one of the TD runs on SportsCenter and they showed Oakland's safety bite on the line blocking down to the right and then when Martin cut to the left, he couldn't get back and Martin had one less guy to beat.

FRG is the most logical poster on this board.  You guys just don\'t like where the logical conclusions take you.

chace1986

Hall of Famer

#26 : November 05, 2012, 02:08:20 PM

Time to move on.

I'm not as down on Davin as you and some others are, but say we do decide to move on. Davin is considered to be among the best guards in football, if we try to trade him, what kind of pick would he get us back?

I guess you could take advantage of Davin's reputation as a good G, but coming off a pretty serious injury and a nice little history of injuries, I'm not so sure how much value he has. Maybe a 4th or 5th...? His salary goes down from $9.5 million to I believe $7million and it's not guaranteed, so that could help.

My prediction is that they bring him back, but I hope I'm wrong.

Page: 1 2
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: What happened to our OL « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools