Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: It's a long reach « previous next »
Page: 1 2

xBuCsX_4_XeVax

User is on moderator watch listWatched
Pro Bowler

: November 05, 2012, 12:01:17 PM

I know it's a long reach but I think we might have both Defensive and offensive rookie of the year on our team... We seem to be the only ones as fans that talk about L. David but he doesn't get the media attention the he deserves... This kid is smart, can cover and holy Christ what a tackling machine he is... a leader on and off the field..he's quickly become my favorite buc along Barron.. And Martin is now getting the national attention and might steal the ROY from Luck or RGLlll.. He's third in rushing and I think he'll finish top 5 baring any injuries..any thoughts?

MUSCLE_HAMSTER

Hall of Famer
#1 : November 05, 2012, 12:02:20 PM

How about we change the topic title to "Lavonte David" and we use this thread to show him the love he deserves.

BucBalla85

Hall of Famer

#2 : November 05, 2012, 12:07:11 PM

Great move by Dom to trade back into the second to get him. I remember watching that second round last April and hoping we ended up with him somehow. Thankfully thats exactly what happened. Wasnt expecting him to make this much noise this year. Hes gonna be a great player here.

MalcolmsPotofGold

Starter

#3 : November 05, 2012, 12:08:04 PM

Lavonte has been consistently solid all year long. I think he is a couple of splash plays away from getting a lot more attention. Other teams know about him, but other fans don't because he doesn't have an interception or fumble return for a touchdown that they got to see on espn or nfln.

Chief Joseph

User is banned from postingMuted
Hall of Famer

#4 : November 05, 2012, 12:14:09 PM

David is not even in the conversation outside of the Tampa market. It ain't gonna happen.

Illuminator is a good poster. He sticks to his guns and makes good points. Some don\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\'t like that.

xBuCsX_4_XeVax

Pro Bowler

#5 : November 05, 2012, 12:26:27 PM

David is not even in the conversation outside of the Tampa market. It ain't gonna happen.

Exactly my Point he doesn't even get mentioned outside the Tampa area because we haven't won more games... But that dude will be a probowler for years to come... The only Defensive rookie i can see ahead of him of the top of my head is C.Jones from NE and because he has a lot of sacks

Biggs3535

Hall of Famer
#6 : November 05, 2012, 01:00:42 PM

And with Luck and RGIII playing as well as they are, neither is Martin.

But the young fellas are playing well.

warrenfb12

Hall of Famer

#7 : November 05, 2012, 01:07:52 PM

Dougie could rush for over 2000 and not get ROY. RGIII has too much hype.

xBuCsX_4_XeVax

Pro Bowler

#8 : November 05, 2012, 01:16:37 PM

Idk guys... If some how he leads the league in rushing and we sneak in the playoffs I think it'd be very hard not to give him the hardware... But I think David has a better of DROY cuz all the hype was on Keuchly now you don't even here of him (smh) where JAVA now talking up his guy!? But there's really no front runner on D

Sam Ram 33

Second String

#9 : November 05, 2012, 01:17:14 PM

David has 0 chance at DROY.... Love the guy buy doesn't have the sack or INT numbers which is what matters.  As far as dougie goes if he gets 2000 yards he will be ROY... Luck is putting of good numbers yards and TD wise but his INT's are bad.  RGIII is coming back down to earth.  It may just end up being which one of these three average team has a better record that seals the deal.

chace1986

Hall of Famer

#10 : November 05, 2012, 01:34:47 PM

Yup. There was/has been very little mention of Martin on any of the networks. The main story is the 3-5 Cowboys. LOL.

When Murray rushed for 250+ last year, every network couldn't stuff it in their mouths enough to satisfy.

Goes with the territory. If Martin were in a larger market he would be on his way to superstardom.

Until preseason, you stay classy Red Board.

BucBalla85

Hall of Famer

#11 : November 05, 2012, 01:38:50 PM

Yup. There was/has been very little mention of Martin on any of the networks. The main story is the 3-5 Cowboys. LOL.

When Murray rushed for 250+ last year, every network couldn't stuff it in their mouths enough to satisfy.

Goes with the territory. If Martin were in a larger market he would be on his way to superstardom.

That is the reason I cant stand that **CENSORED**ing team. They get so much love for being so mediocre. Seriously the day they do win a Super Bowl I will be happy for them because then they will really have deserved that talk, but now they really dont. 

chace1986

Hall of Famer

#12 : November 05, 2012, 02:00:37 PM

They will be sitting at 5-8 and already out of playoff contention...and the NFLN guys and NFL Live guys will still be talking about "What's wrong with the Cowboys?"

A story that has been on repeat for the last 15+ years...

Until preseason, you stay classy Red Board.

Bschucher

Hall of Famer
#13 : November 05, 2012, 02:04:40 PM

I know it's a long reach but I think we might have both Defensive and offensive rookie of the year on our team... We seem to be the only ones as fans that talk about L. David but he doesn't get the media attention the he deserves... This kid is smart, can cover and holy Christ what a tackling machine he is... a leader on and off the field..he's quickly become my favorite buc along Barron.. And Martin is now getting the national attention and might steal the ROY from Luck or RGLlll.. He's third in rushing and I think he'll finish top 5 baring any injuries..any thoughts?

Not really.. the two guys ahead of him have played one more game than him. He has the highest average yards from scrimmage in the league.

blind melon

Hall of Famer

#14 : November 05, 2012, 02:12:09 PM

They will be sitting at 5-8 and already out of playoff contention...and the NFLN guys and NFL Live guys will still be talking about "What's wrong with the Cowboys?"

A story that has been on repeat for the last 15+ years...

No doubt...   a broken freakin' record IMO.

America's team my ass.

Oh, and while we're at it,   can we get rid of some of those Steelers fans that clap every time they gain 3 yards, make a completion or tackle somebody?  ;)

Who knew how good it would feel as a fan when we now know what it\'s like for our team to have a direction, an attitude, and dare I say an offense?.  

Good time to be a Bucs fan.
Page: 1 2
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: It's a long reach « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools