Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: My heart can't handle it « previous next »
Page: 1

1sparkybuc

Hall of Famer
: November 05, 2012, 12:14:41 PM

A week ago Sandy took away my computer and PR access. My IBEW brothers restored that along with the power Saturday night. It was then that I learned that our LG was on IR and Talib was a Patriot. One was devastating and the other caused confusion and mixed feelings. I have a generator and DirecTv so I could have known this earlier if I was paying attention. I had other things on my mind, including in-laws in Jersey and on Staten Island, not to mention downed trees and missing shingles from my roof. The OL situation scares me. It's 2010 all over again only we're losing better players. Talib and a seventh for a fourth is a great move IMO. I was always waiting for the next incident with him, and I am confident the Bucs will parlay that pick into an impact player next April. I expected the OL to struggle yesterday. I figured Freeman and Martin would suffer with Larson and Zuttah in front of them. The first half was about what I expected. The second half blew me away. Pass defense is obviously by far the biggest issue with this team. We just don't have the talent and depth we need just yet. It's not possible to fix everything in just ten months, but Schiano is off to one helluva great start. This weekend was a real shocker for me,and I very seriously doubt any team left on our schedule is taking the Bucs lightly. I know three NFCE teams that are glad they don't have to play the Bucs again.

Schiano should definitely be in the running for COTY. What a transformation he has made in this franchise. Blackouts will soon be a thing of the past. Go Bucs.

youngone

Hall of Famer
#1 : November 05, 2012, 12:21:43 PM

Good stuff

Morgan

User is banned from postingMuted
Hall of Famer
#2 : November 05, 2012, 12:23:47 PM

What you posted just summarized about three pages of threads over the last couple weeks. Most of everything you said was discussed. It was surprising to me to see the team actually play better on offense without Nicks in there.  I was also surprised w/ the defense who pretty much did a good job for the first two quarters, but then almost self destructed the second half.  I'm sure teams on our schedule will find our weaknesses, so hopefully Coach S and Co will tweak the team even more to keep the competition off balance.

Sorry to hear about your struggles w/ Mother Nature. Hope every returns to a state of normalcy for you soon.

1sparkybuc

Hall of Famer
#3 : November 05, 2012, 01:10:03 PM

What you posted just summarized about three pages of threads over the last couple weeks. Most of everything you said was discussed. It was surprising to me to see the team actually play better on offense without Nicks in there.  I was also surprised w/ the defense who pretty much did a good job for the first two quarters, but then almost self destructed the second half.  I'm sure teams on our schedule will find our weaknesses, so hopefully Coach S and Co will tweak the team even more to keep the competition off balance.

Sorry to hear about your struggles w/ Mother Nature. Hope every returns to a state of normalcy for you soon.

I live about 50 miles north of Philly. Flooding wasn't and issue in this area. We only got a couple of inches of rain and my house is at a high elevation. The big problem was wind damage to utility lines from falling trees. There was a lot of damage to homes and cars from falling limbs and whole trees. I had one tree block my driveway, but that was good. My driveway is 900+ feet long and it's lined with trees all the way. I was lucky. My wife works as an electrician in Manhattan. She couldn't get there until Thursday. Everything is good for us now, but there are a lot of people who are a long way from being normal any time soon. The really sad thing is, many will rebuild where they were and destined to have it happen all over again. People don't heed the warnings. All of those boats around NYC could have been saved had they been relocated up the Hudson River. People had plenty of warning and time to evacuate, and they've seen it over and over again. Life is too precious to risk like that.

For three hours yesterday afternoon, I was able to forget about everything thanks to the Bucs. I know some on this board live in Jersey and New York. I'd be curious to know how they fared.
Page: 1
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: My heart can't handle it « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools