Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: BUCS-CHARGERS ON TV NOT LOOKING GOOD « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 ... 9

Hate

Hall of Famer
#15 : November 05, 2012, 10:04:28 PM

That is sad.

Yup....yet the excuses persist!!

-------------------------------------------------------

I thought Lovie said he wanted quickness & speed, even at the QB position?

The Anti-Java

Hall of Famer

#16 : November 05, 2012, 10:06:09 PM

RT @SkipBaylessEA......... Best way to win over your fan base: win at home.... #Buccaneers didn't get that memo..... #CCM

QaZ

Hall of Famer

#17 : November 05, 2012, 10:06:32 PM

It's the makeup of the team.   Replace Freeman with Tebow and the sellouts will start immediately.

+1, did we ever have a sellout with a good QB?
Fans seem to prefer bad QB play for sure.

BucsnNoles

Pro Bowler

#18 : November 05, 2012, 11:00:05 PM

RT @SkipBaylessEA......... Best way to win over your fan base: win at home.... #Buccaneers didn't get that memo..... #CCM
Win the games they can't see on tv??

cgnumber7

Starter

#19 : November 05, 2012, 11:02:09 PM

Only good thing bout not living in Florida, I can see every game on directv

jerseybucsfan

Hall of Famer
#20 : November 06, 2012, 12:31:01 AM

That is sad.

Yup....yet the excuses persist!!
Well, I get the game on Sunday Ticket and this week I won't get to watch the game live. I'm back in school and I have a professor who scheduled a test from noon to five p.m. Can you believe it? Boo hiss!

In Verner We Trust

ufojoe

Hall of Famer

#21 : November 06, 2012, 12:53:02 AM

Let's hear the excuses as to why this game hasn't sold out already.

PewterBlitz

Starter

#22 : November 06, 2012, 01:00:14 AM

Some of you guys are dumb as **CENSORED**, yea lets have the team move to somewhere else, makes sense. Our fan base has been abused for 10 years now, 3 solid game will not be enough to start selling out. The fact is, the general population of Tampa lost interest in a crappy product 5 years ago. It will take quite a few more good games to get your average non forum reading football fans back in the stadium. The excitement for the average joe just isn't there yet.

Timbuc2

Pro Bowler

#23 : November 06, 2012, 01:52:48 AM

Some of you guys are dumb as **CENSORED**, yea lets have the team move to somewhere else, makes sense. Our fan base has been abused for 10 years now, 3 solid game will not be enough to start selling out. The fact is, the general population of Tampa lost interest in a crappy product 5 years ago. It will take quite a few more good games to get your average non forum reading football fans back in the stadium. The excitement for the average joe just isn't there yet.

Look at the Raiders, think they were sold out? They have stunk for years.
Look at the Chiefs
Look at the redskins

I could go on and on...the excuses about the team putting a great product on the field is hog wash! It's the fans and the city period and when the team moves, another city will be very lucky.

AND it will be more reason for others to take a close look at the make up of the city of Tampa Bay! It's a shame really...

Morgan

User is banned from postingMuted
Hall of Famer
#24 : November 06, 2012, 05:46:42 AM

Been saying it for a while. The TB fanbase is **CENSORED**ty. One of the worst in all of sports.

Good case study for what sports franchise owners shouldn't do to screw-over a very good fanbase. Buc fans showed their support for years with sell outs and great homefield advantage crowds, but the ownership tried to squeeze too much out of them (price increases) while putting a crappy product/coach on the field. Now they're having to work doubly to get those fans back.  It isn't pretty is it? Maybe the Glazers are learning their lesson not to take fan support for granted.

JavaRay

User is banned from postingMuted
Hall of Famer

#25 : November 06, 2012, 05:53:50 AM

Been saying it for a while. The TB fanbase is **CENSORED**ty. One of the worst in all of sports.

Good case study for what sports franchise owners shouldn't do to screw-over a very good fanbase. Buc fans showed their support for years with sell outs and great homefield advantage crowds, but the ownership tried to squeeze too much out of them (price increases) while putting a crappy product/coach on the field. Now they're having to work doubly to get those fans back.  It isn't pretty is it? Maybe the Glazers are learning their lesson not to take fan support for granted.

This is exactly the problem.   The Glazers tried to screw over the long time season ticket holders (people who had season tickets even before the Glazers owned the team) by raising prices for the tickets in the lower level (where the long time ticket holders from the old sombrero were sitting) by 35% in one year but not increasing the other areas anywhere near that much.      As much as I complain about the recent moves like hiring Raheem, I actually cancelled my season tickets prior to the 2008 season due to that unethical 35% raise in ticket prices at the end of 2007.     The Glazers have no respect at all for the fans and just make any move they think they can to bleed the fans of whatever cash they can.    It serves them right what's happening now.   It's their own fault.

JDouble

Hall of Famer
#26 : November 06, 2012, 06:48:09 AM

Win the games they can't see on tv??

+1

Dolorous Jason

Hall of Famer

#27 : November 06, 2012, 07:36:35 AM

It will be blacked out because I won't be at this one ...that's how it works.

What is your point? I was wrong? Ok. You win. I was wrong.

QaZ

Hall of Famer

#28 : November 06, 2012, 08:12:27 AM

This is exactly the problem.   The Glazers tried to screw over the long time season ticket holders (people who had season tickets even before the Glazers owned the team) by raising prices for the tickets in the lower level (where the long time ticket holders from the old sombrero were sitting) by 35% in one year but not increasing the other areas anywhere near that much.      As much as I complain about the recent moves like hiring Raheem, I actually cancelled my season tickets prior to the 2008 season due to that unethical 35% raise in ticket prices at the end of 2007.     The Glazers have no respect at all for the fans and just make any move they think they can to bleed the fans of whatever cash they can.    It serves them right what's happening now.   It's their own fault.

You gave up on Gruden?

Pewter Pirate

Pro Bowler
#29 : November 06, 2012, 08:32:09 AM

I won't miss a minute of it!

Exactly!!

Bought mine last night even though where I live is several hours away and televised.
Page: 1 2 3 4 ... 9
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: BUCS-CHARGERS ON TV NOT LOOKING GOOD « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools