Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: The Official Game Day Thread: Chargers - Bucs 1 pm « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 ... 38

Morgan

User is banned from postingMuted
Hall of Famer
: November 06, 2012, 07:01:22 AM

Bucs fav by 3
: November 11, 2012, 08:45:38 AM Morgan

Morgan

Hall of Famer
#1 : November 06, 2012, 07:03:12 AM

http://forums.chargers.com/showthread.php?t=96084&page=14

bucinsouthFL

Starter

#2 : November 06, 2012, 07:50:26 AM

This is going to be a tough game for sure. I know he's having a bad year, but Rivers is a great QB who is in a slump. I'm scared of what he can do to this pass defense. I see this game looking a lot like the Oakland game. We are going to have to put up a lot of points and cause timely turnovers. Hopefully some sort of pass rush shows up, but I don't see us pulling this game out. I would love love love love to be proven wrong however.

Chargers 31-21

Morgan

Hall of Famer
#3 : November 06, 2012, 08:26:08 AM

No predictions from me. Keeping the low expectations. Makes watching the games at RayJay more enjoyable for me.

But I am worried about the Swiss cheese defensive backfield. Need to figure out things quickly.

Pewter Pirate

Pro Bowler
#4 : November 06, 2012, 08:30:25 AM

This is going to be a tough game for sure. I know he's having a bad year, but Rivers is a great QB who is in a slump. I'm scared of what he can do to this pass defense. I see this game looking a lot like the Oakland game. We are going to have to put up a lot of points and cause timely turnovers. Hopefully some sort of pass rush shows up, but I don't see us pulling this game out. I would love love love love to be proven wrong however.

Chargers 31-21

Rivers v. Our secondary will decide this game.  We need to score our points......but slowly and grind it.    Bucs 30 Chargers 24

BucNY

Hall of Famer

#5 : November 06, 2012, 08:52:54 AM

Any team with a strong passing game scares me. That being said, the Chargers passing game is in the bottom half. Get Eric Wright healthy, and Leo Johnson another week to prepare and I hope we'll be okay. We give up a lot of yardage but our redzone has been good and we do create turnovers. That is how we've done it on defense.

\\\\\\\"This forum needs a poster like BucNY now more than ever\\\\\\\"
      - Everyone

ufojoe

Hall of Famer

#6 : November 06, 2012, 09:00:18 AM

This is going to be a tough game for sure. I know he's having a bad year, but Rivers is a great QB who is in a slump.

Rivers completed 90% of his passes and threw for 2 TDs on Sunday. Granted it was against KC but that's not too shabby.

BucNY

Hall of Famer

#7 : November 06, 2012, 09:54:18 AM

I love when teams try to run against us. It's like they are just conceding a down. So many times I say to myself, why don't they just forget about running it and pass it. It's open all day.

\\\\\\\"This forum needs a poster like BucNY now more than ever\\\\\\\"
      - Everyone

Supreme

Starter

#8 : November 06, 2012, 09:59:25 AM

I'm picturing another shootout. According to Charger fans, Cason and Jammer have been playing pretty bad this season. Let's hope the offense can continue their excellent play cause I don't trust the secondary to stop anyone.

Bucs 35 Chargers 31

wreck ship

Hall of Famer

#9 : November 06, 2012, 10:00:19 AM

Rivers is gonna slip our secondary a roofie and have his way with them. Gonna be another offensive shootout.

philosophy is questions that may never be answered
religion is answers that may never be questioned

chace1986

Hall of Famer

#10 : November 06, 2012, 10:00:50 AM

The Bucs are hot offensively, and terrible defensively.

I have a feeling that in this one, the roles will be reversed. I think the offense will struggle and the defense will come out and have one of their better games this season.

Unfortunately, I feel that Bucs continue their struggles at home and will fail to energize a fanbase with a key home victory...once again.

Chargers 16 - Bucs 14

Hell, brees might not be as accurate as manziel.

sandogbuc

Second String

#11 : November 06, 2012, 10:41:45 AM

Living in San Diego I've been watching the Chargers and this game will not be close. The Chargers are a soft, poorly coached team lacking weapons on offense and a suspect secondary with a pass rush that makes ours look like the Steel Curtain. Rivers misses VJax and Gates is a shell of his former self. The Bucs are a physical team that will punch the Chargers in the mouth all day.

Don't let that Thursday night game against the Chiefs fool you. The Chargers are not a good football team and I'll be shocked if the law offices of Freeman, Martin, Jackson & Williams put up less than 30 points.

Bucs 34 Chargers 17

TBayXXXVII

Hall of Famer

#12 : November 06, 2012, 10:46:07 AM

I think the Bucs win this game pretty easily... but about 2 TD's or more.  I'm thinking along the lines of 31-14.  The Chargers really aren't that good of a team.  They've had a very easy schedule and only have 4 wins to show for it.  They're pretty bad on the road over the last 3 years and are currently 0-5 in non-conference road games since 2010.  Also, this is the classic sandwich game for them.  Last week vs KC and next week in Denver... with a road game at the Bucs thrown in for good measure.  Nothing like a cross-country non-conference road game before a huge divisional road game the following week.  I think this game is over already and the Bucs very well could be up 14-0 in the first quarter on Sunday.

ccch

Rookie

#13 : November 06, 2012, 10:51:25 AM

Two brothers coaching against each other...Ron and Norv Turner.

deadzone

Hall of Famer

#14 : November 06, 2012, 10:52:34 AM

So, Rivers suddenly finds another receiver other that a fat Antonio Gates and puts up 500yds?
Page: 1 2 3 ... 38
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: The Official Game Day Thread: Chargers - Bucs 1 pm « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools