Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: The Official Game Day Thread: Chargers - Bucs 1 pm « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 ... 38

GameTime

Hall of Famer
#15 : November 06, 2012, 10:52:51 AM

only thing chargers have going for them is the 10 days to prepare.  and of course the fact that rivers will throw throw throw.

\"Lets put the O back in Country\"

bucfan26

Pro Bowler
#16 : November 06, 2012, 11:04:35 AM

Bucs win 31-17

TBayXXXVII

Hall of Famer

#17 : November 06, 2012, 11:20:33 AM

So, Rivers suddenly finds another receiver other that a fat Antonio Gates and puts up 500yds?

I think Rivers is a good QB, but I do think a lot of numbers they're putting up is due to the soft schedule.   The pass defenses they've played...
Okland (21)
Tennessee (27)
Atlanta (14)
Kansas City (11 - I think we all know why this number is as good as it really is)
New Orleans (29)
Denver (10)
Cleveland (23)
Kansas City (11)

With all of that, Rivers is 20th in passing yards, 13th passer rating, and 21st in Y/A.  Floyd is 31st among WR's in Y/G, 45th in receptions, and has only 2 TD's.  They're not really doing all that well when you consider how soft the pass defenses are that they've played against.

Chief Joseph

User is banned from postingMuted
Hall of Famer

#18 : November 06, 2012, 11:29:09 AM

When Rivers is doing the snap count, VJax should jump up and down on the sideline, waving his arms at Rivers and yelling "I'm open, I'm open!"

Illuminator is a good poster. He sticks to his guns and makes good points. Some don\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\'t like that.

deadzone

Hall of Famer

#19 : November 06, 2012, 11:40:59 AM

Rivers has the strangest delivery I'm seen........like a half **CENSORED**ed arm motion.

deadzone

Hall of Famer

#20 : November 06, 2012, 11:42:08 AM

Dang, lots of stuff censored now...that wasn't even a nasty word.

Ms Elam

Starter

#21 : November 06, 2012, 12:11:45 PM

So, Rivers suddenly finds another receiver other that a fat Antonio Gates and puts up 500yds?

I think Rivers is a good QB, but I do think a lot of numbers they're putting up is due to the soft schedule.   The pass defenses they've played...
Okland (21)
Tennessee (27)
Atlanta (14)
Kansas City (11 - I think we all know why this number is as good as it really is)
New Orleans (29)
Denver (10)
Cleveland (23)
Kansas City (11)

With all of that, Rivers is 20th in passing yards, 13th passer rating, and 21st in Y/A.  Floyd is 31st among WR's in Y/G, 45th in receptions, and has only 2 TD's.  They're not really doing all that well when you consider how soft the pass defenses are that they've played against.
Rivers knows when he is facing sorry corners. He will throw it at them all day. Remember he said he was going to come after Phillip Buchannon? Well he picked on him that game and SD won. I think we will have to score to win.

Detrimental

Hall of Famer

#22 : November 06, 2012, 12:15:41 PM

Living in San Diego I've been watching the Chargers and this game will not be close. The Chargers are a soft, poorly coached team lacking weapons on offense and a suspect secondary with a pass rush that makes ours look like the Steel Curtain. Rivers misses VJax and Gates is a shell of his former self. The Bucs are a physical team that will punch the Chargers in the mouth all day.

Don't let that Thursday night game against the Chiefs fool you. The Chargers are not a good football team and I'll be shocked if the law offices of Freeman, Martin, Jackson & Williams put up less than 30 points.

Bucs 34 Chargers 17
Yeah, San Diego stinks this year. That offense has zero weapons outside of Gates. Our secondary can play well against Meachem, Floyd, and Royal - not too worried about their WR. Gates isn't even that great anymore and Matthews is going to be pretty much shut down.

I got Tampa winning at home by 2-3 possessions as well.

BucBalla85

Hall of Famer

#23 : November 06, 2012, 12:30:06 PM

TB should be able to win this game. Their offense is putting points up and the defense is creating turnovers at key times. SD has been turning the ball over and their defense isnt very good. Home game too for the Bucs. They should win this game.

lowlife

Starter
#24 : November 06, 2012, 12:34:19 PM

Vindictive Jackson to have a huge game.

1sparkybuc

Hall of Famer
#25 : November 06, 2012, 01:09:49 PM

When Rivers is doing the snap count, VJax should jump up and down on the sideline, waving his arms at Rivers and yelling "I'm open, I'm open!"

Better yet, VJax should rotate in at FS on third downs.

BucBalla85

Hall of Famer

#26 : November 06, 2012, 01:17:55 PM

Better yet, VJax should rotate in at FS on third downs.

lol good one.

ToddyBuc

Hall of Famer

#27 : November 06, 2012, 01:19:48 PM

Schiano shores up the Cabana position. Wright goes back instead of nickel. They can't run on us.  Martin has another huge game.And they all want to win for Vincent Jackson big time.

Bucs 34
Chargers 21

Bucs-Lightning already World Champions. Rays Next!!!

Ms Elam

Starter

#28 : November 06, 2012, 01:28:14 PM

Living in San Diego I've been watching the Chargers and this game will not be close. The Chargers are a soft, poorly coached team lacking weapons on offense and a suspect secondary with a pass rush that makes ours look like the Steel Curtain. Rivers misses VJax and Gates is a shell of his former self. The Bucs are a physical team that will punch the Chargers in the mouth all day.

Don't let that Thursday night game against the Chiefs fool you. The Chargers are not a good football team and I'll be shocked if the law offices of Freeman, Martin, Jackson & Williams put up less than 30 points.

Bucs 34 Chargers 17
Yeah, San Diego stinks this year. That offense has zero weapons outside of Gates. Our secondary can play well against Meachem, Floyd, and Royal - not too worried about their WR. Gates isn't even that great anymore and Matthews is going to be pretty much shut down.

I got Tampa winning at home by 2-3 possessions as well.
That's what Phillip rivers and company get for publicly begging for norv Turners job at the end of last season. Norv and AJ Smith deserved the boot. They drafted Eli and told the giants they wanted Phillip. He should've told them he wanted Rothlisburger. Then he refuses to pay Drew brees, Vincent Jackson, LT, Michael Turner, Daren Sproles, Cromartie, and countless other players who probably played a good role but weren't as known as these other players. AJ Smith should have about 2 rings with all the talent that he has had in SD.

The Anti-Java

Hall of Famer

#29 : November 06, 2012, 02:11:54 PM

Chargers are famous for late season charges.  They screw around,  then win their last 8 or something.  Hope this season is different.

sig pic by chace1986

PewterReportMC....
\\\\\\\"Java, do you understand this a perfect example of why people beg me to suspend or ban you on a daily basis? Are you actually trying to make a point? Seriously what is the reason for even commenting. In fact why do you even bother coming to the boards? What happened to the intelligent poster from years ago?  A real shame. Like the Bucs yesterday, a wasted effort.\\\\\\\"
Page: 1 2 3 4 ... 38
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: The Official Game Day Thread: Chargers - Bucs 1 pm « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools