Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: The Official Game Day Thread: Chargers - Bucs 1 pm « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 ... 38

Supreme

Starter

#30 : November 06, 2012, 02:19:49 PM

Chargers are famous for late season charges.  They screw around,  then win their last 8 or something.  Hope this season is different.

This is very true. The Bucs can't let off the peddle now. The Offense has to continue dominating.

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
#31 : November 06, 2012, 03:09:45 PM

Time to get hype.  If the Bucs want the playoffs, they need to win a lot of games coming up.  This one would be a nice way to keep the ball rolling.

And yes, The Gunslinger is going to shred the Bucs corners.  So it becomes vital to take advantadge of every opportunity.  Rivers is a beast.

Super Selmon

Starter
#32 : November 06, 2012, 03:21:50 PM

Chargers are famous for late season charges.  They screw around,  then win their last 8 or something.  Hope this season is different.

Dead on........

Chargers always start slow and finish second half of the season on a tear.

Pretty sure we are starting the second half of the season, Watch Out Bucs.

chace1986

Hall of Famer

#33 : November 06, 2012, 03:50:44 PM

Time to get hype.  If the Bucs want the playoffs, they need to win a lot of games coming up.  This one would be a nice way to keep the ball rolling.

And yes, The Gunslinger is going to shred the Bucs corners.  So it becomes vital to take advantadge of every opportunity.  Rivers is a beast.

If he is going to shred anyone, it will be the middle of the defense. The corners(Biggers/Johnson) actually did a decent job in the Raiders game. I still worry about Wright/Lewis/McDonald though. The Safeties and LBs need to step up their game in the passing game as well. I think it's inaccurate when people put most of the blame on the CBs for the struggles. The only player who has done a good job in coverage is Ahmad Black, and that's with limited playtime. Biggers and Johnson played above average games this last Sunday. Both gave up a few catches, but both made nice defensive plays as well.

Until preseason, you stay classy Red Board.

3rd String Kicker

Hall of Famer
#34 : November 06, 2012, 04:18:01 PM

Lol.... "Unplug the Chargers" our official site says.

warrenfb12

Hall of Famer

#35 : November 06, 2012, 04:20:54 PM

I think the Raiders are a better football team than the Chargers. Bucs 28-Bolts-24.

Morgan

User is banned from postingMuted
Hall of Famer
#36 : November 06, 2012, 07:31:24 PM

10 days for them to study our defense?

warrenfb12

Hall of Famer

#37 : November 06, 2012, 07:37:13 PM

10 days for them to study our defense?

Lol, I am sure they don't need it. Our offense will just have to teach the Chargers how to Dougie.

Morgan

Hall of Famer
#38 : November 07, 2012, 05:17:52 PM

Morgan

Hall of Famer
#39 : November 07, 2012, 05:19:44 PM

Are we going w/ red jerseys finally this weekend?

RogerGoodellSucks

Hall of Famer

#40 : November 07, 2012, 06:11:23 PM

Living in San Diego I've been watching the Chargers and this game will not be close. The Chargers are a soft, poorly coached team lacking weapons on offense and a suspect secondary with a pass rush that makes ours look like the Steel Curtain. Rivers misses VJax and Gates is a shell of his former self. The Bucs are a physical team that will punch the Chargers in the mouth all day.

Don't let that Thursday night game against the Chiefs fool you. The Chargers are not a good football team and I'll be shocked if the law offices of Freeman, Martin, Jackson & Williams put up less than 30 points.

Bucs 34 Chargers 17

Yep, the Chargers are not a good football team. Look at who they've beaten. The Chiefs (twice), Titans and the Raiders. No impressive wins there. And they lost to the Browns, got destroyed by Atlanta and embarrassed themselves on primetime against Denver. Rivers should have a big game because our secondary can't stop anyone and he's a decent QB, but I think our offense will be able to outscore them.

Morgan

Hall of Famer
#41 : November 07, 2012, 06:21:42 PM

Last time I saw the Bolts at Tampa, Dan Fouts in Air Coryell was dissecting the Buccaneers with throws to Charlie Joyner, Wes Chandler, and Kellen Winslow.  I've never seen a QB as precise with his throws since then......Bucs lost 23-24.....it was a great game.  Doug Williams had 300 yds, Wilder with 2 TDs.

http://www.pro-football-reference.com/boxscores/198112130tam.htm

----------------------------------------

The Buccaneers face the San Diego Chargers at home Sunday, their third of four games against AFC West teams. Here is a quick look at the matchup:

RECORDS: Tampa Bay 4-4; San Diego 4-4

REGULAR-SEASON SERIES: Chargers lead 8-1

BUCS' HOME RECORD VS. CHARGERS: 0-5

LAST MEETING: With the Bucs looking forward to potentially clinching a playoff spot, the Chargers downed Tampa Bay 41-24 on Dec. 21, 2008, at Raymond James Stadium. Philip Rivers completed 21 of 31 passes for 287 yards and four TDs as the Bucs fell for the third consecutive week after a 9-3 start. TE Antonio Gates had two scoring receptions for San Diego and WR Vincent Jackson, who will be playing for the Bucs on Sunday, went over the 1,000-yard mark by catching seven passes for 111 yards. San Diego's LaDainian Tomlinson added 90 yards on the ground while Antonio Bryant gained 127 yards on six receptions for the Bucs, who committed three turnovers.

NEED TO KNOW: Before the Chargers beat Kansas City 31-13 last week, rumors were rampant that head coach Norv Turner would soon be replaced by special teams coach Rich Bisaccia, a longtime assistant in Tampa hired by Jon Gruden in 2002. San Diego is struggling to protect Rivers, who has been sacked 20 times. Rivers has thrown seven of his 10 interceptions on third down and he has not played well in the fourth quarter. Pro Bowl S Eric Weddle is a ballhawk and OLB Shaun Phillips keys San Diego's mediocre pass rush. The Chargers are focused on containing Bucs rookie Doug Martin, who ran for a franchise-record 251 yards and four TDs at Oakland in a 42-32 triumph. Josh Freeman has thrown 11 TD passes and only one pick in his last four games behind a patchwork offensive line missing injured Pro Bowl guards Davin Joseph and Carl Nicks. A young defense that has already forced 17 turnovers ranks No. 1 against the rush and last against the pass.

http://www2.tbo.com/sports/bucs/
: November 07, 2012, 06:27:41 PM Morgan

Benchwarmer#1

Hall of Famer

#42 : November 07, 2012, 07:14:02 PM

Damn, that's bad history. I sure hope schiano is preaching them to be pissed off at this fact.

Naismith was right about Revis. Everyone else is a dummy.

Morgan

Hall of Famer
#43 : November 07, 2012, 07:19:25 PM

Damn, that's bad history. I sure hope schiano is preaching them to be pissed off at this fact.
You mean the BUCS' HOME RECORD VS. CHARGERS: 0-5?

sunrisejeff

Hall of Famer
#44 : November 07, 2012, 08:57:51 PM

Weird kinda like 0-5 in Oakland...........
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 ... 38
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: The Official Game Day Thread: Chargers - Bucs 1 pm « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools