Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Bucs' Greg Schiano voted least desired coach in Sporting News players poll « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 ... 10

Morgan

User is banned from postingMuted
Hall of Famer
« : November 07, 2012, 01:43:53 PM »

Which head coach would you least like to play for?

Greg Schiano, Buccaneers 20

Bill Belichick, Patriots 19

Rex Ryan, Jets 16

Jim Schwartz, Lions 9

Tom Coughlin, Giants 8

Andy Reid, Eagles 6

Mike Shanahan, Redskins 6

Chan Gailey, Bills 3

Jim Harbaugh, 49ers 3

Pat Shurmur, Browns 2

Five coaches received one vote

“Greg Schiano. The thing he did at the end of the game early on in the year, the game where the Giants were killing the clock off and downing the ball, there was no reason for that—no reason at all. Everyone’s worried about injuries and safety and that’s what they are doing?” — NFC offensive player

“Schiano seems like he’d be hard to play for. He’s too intense and does a lot of strange things. This isn’t college anymore.” — NFC offensive player

“The coach from Tampa, from what I’ve heard, is a pretty tough guy. The thing they did at the end of the game, when they were taking a knee, I just don’t agree with him on that.” — NFC defensive player

“Bill Belichick. I don’t think I’d like him. He’s so old school. I’ve never been with him, so I don’t know. I don’t have a problem with coaching, but I don’t know if he’d be a coach that I’d be excited to play for.” — NFC defensive player

“Belichick just doesn’t see like a guy I’d want to play for. He’s been successful, which is good, obviously, but from what I’ve heard from guys who have played for him, I don’t think I’d enjoy playing for him.” — NFC offensive player

“Rex Ryan. There’s just too much going on there—too many things that don’t have to do with football. Now there’s the whole quarterback thing. He seems like he likes having all these other things going on. There never seems to just be football.” — NFC offensive player

“Jim Schwartz. They (the Lions) seem like they’re not concerned about some things … like the rules.” — NFC offensive player http://aol.sportingnews.com/nfl/story/2012-11-07/greg-schiano-worst-coach-players-poll-list-bill-belichick-sn-news

Tampa-Two

Hall of Famer

« #1 : November 07, 2012, 01:45:58 PM »

Funny how they can say that about a guy they don't know based on 1 play.

Oh well, I don't care. I love coach!

BucBalla85

Hall of Famer

« #2 : November 07, 2012, 01:46:08 PM »

Oh no! Nobody is gonna want to play for us!!!

baybuc35

Hall of Famer

« #3 : November 07, 2012, 01:46:23 PM »

A lot of good coaches Super Bowl winning coaches on that list.  Looks like a good list to be on IMO

JavaRay

Hall of Famer

« #4 : November 07, 2012, 01:49:45 PM »

A lot of good coaches Super Bowl winning coaches on that list.  Looks like a good list to be on IMO

Especially with Rex Ryan on it.

Morgan

Hall of Famer
« #5 : November 07, 2012, 01:49:54 PM »

NFL players are dense, imo.

JavaRay

Hall of Famer

« #6 : November 07, 2012, 01:50:36 PM »

Are you referring to Schiano or Raheem?    Because you have been saying that about Raheem for a while now.

BucNY

Hall of Famer

« #7 : November 07, 2012, 01:51:41 PM »

What coach would you most not like to play for. NFL player responds, the one that has been the most successful over the course of the last 6-8 years. Good lord NFL players are dumb. This is a very good example of why Schiano runs such a tight ship. Because many NFL players, given the choice, do not know or will no do what is best for them.

Belichick also happens to be the guy that older vets go to play for towards the end of their career because they realize they don't have many shots left at a championship.

Consider how many players are bankrupt shortly after retiring. Many are not real good decision makers. They don't want to be pushed to be their best. They want to do things the way they've always done them.

\\\\\\\"This forum needs a poster like BucNY now more than ever\\\\\\\"
      - Everyone

BucNY

Hall of Famer

« #8 : November 07, 2012, 01:54:04 PM »

Say what you want about Rex "foot fetish" Ryan but he was in 2 AFC championship games in 2 years with a rookie and a 2nd year QB.

Swartz doesn't have the accolades yet either but he has been a part of turning around one of the worst teams in NFL history. The list has some great names on it. More than that it is full of tough, disciplined coaches which is why many players don't like them.

This is my shocked face   :o

\\\\\\\"This forum needs a poster like BucNY now more than ever\\\\\\\"
      - Everyone

baybuc35

Hall of Famer

« #9 : November 07, 2012, 01:57:10 PM »

i don't mind Rex ryan I think he really gets the most from his team.. However the GM has really done a bad job with bring in players.

All The Way Tampa Bay

Hall of Famer
« #10 : November 07, 2012, 01:57:46 PM »

So basically the players don't want to play for the best coaches because they actually have to do their jobs... We know you guys rather have a party coach like Morris and well look how that turned out... The players need to just shut up and play the game.

Benchwarmer#1

Hall of Famer

« #11 : November 07, 2012, 01:58:39 PM »

Coaches aren't to be liked, they're there to teach and win.

From a personal perspective, most of the coaches I've had in the past had a total differance in attitude after the season was over. One even admitted that it hurt him to yell at the guys like that.

Sometimes "hate" is love. Sad that some people cant grasp that concept.

Naismith was right about Revis. Everyone else is a dummy.

Knucknbuc

Pro Bowler

« #12 : November 07, 2012, 02:19:33 PM »

In this situation I ask who the hell did they ask? Some 2nd year scrub player that probably hasn't even been in the nfl? How many players for each team did they ask most likely not many? Im sure if you asked wallace gildberry if he wanted to play for schiano I guarantee he'd say hell no. lmao stupid ass time-filler poll.

Tampa-Two

Hall of Famer

« #13 : November 07, 2012, 02:28:08 PM »

Funny how they can say that about a guy they don't know based on 1 play.

Are you referring to Schiano or Raheem?    Because you have been saying that about Raheem for a while now.
Is that right? If I have it wouldn't take you long to find those posts. So go ahead and find them.

Bucs Capacitor

Hall of Famer
« #14 : November 07, 2012, 02:31:18 PM »

So basically the players don't want to play for the best coaches because they actually have to do their jobs... We know you guys rather have a party coach like Morris and well look how that turned out... The players need to just shut up and play the game.

Exactly. LOL at how Belichick, a three-time Super Bowl winner and one of the greatest coaches of this era, is just below Schiano.

We just had a coach players loved...look how that turned out. Of COURSE they wanted to play for Raheem, because he let them do anything with no accountability. Of COURSE they don't want to play for Schiano, because he actually makes them work hard to the whistle!
  Page: 1 2 3 ... 10
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Bucs' Greg Schiano voted least desired coach in Sporting News players poll « previous next »
:  

Hide Tools Show Tools