Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Bucs' Greg Schiano voted least desired coach in Sporting News players poll « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 ... 10

Super Selmon

Starter
#15 : November 07, 2012, 02:31:55 PM

Bullspit poll......

No AFC players questioned

3rd String Kicker

Hall of Famer
#16 : November 07, 2012, 02:32:42 PM

Look at this, it's like when the T101 came from the future but then next thing you know, the T1000 comes from further in the future and they fight to the death.

1sparkybuc

Hall of Famer
#17 : November 07, 2012, 02:41:37 PM

I think it's safe to say Schiano would not want any of those players. Curious how they would respond if Raheem was an option. He was very popular with his players. Too bad he sucked as a HC and a DC. I believe I know who the team would rather play for now. We will see how many free agents want to sign on with Schiano next year.

youngone

Hall of Famer
#18 : November 07, 2012, 03:48:33 PM

Im not putting much in this poll because at the end of the day... Money talks. Players these days would play for anybody for the right price.

Morgan

User is banned from postingMuted
Hall of Famer
#19 : November 07, 2012, 03:57:31 PM

DUI-mig says that having a hated coach will hurt the team in free agency when good players won't want to sign w/ the Bucs.

jerseybucsfan

Hall of Famer
#20 : November 07, 2012, 04:08:35 PM

Sorry Morgan. I'm agreeing with youngone. It's anonymous for a reason. These guys do a 180 when the dollars are put up. Furthermore, this poll shows how easy it is to manipulate a perception. The media spun it the Giants' way; a national team was endangered by a non-national team. It's like the Green Bay-Seattle mess. If the situation was reversed, would it have made such an impression? Doubtful. The other side of the picture, the other perception, is that Schiano is trying to teach his players NOT to quit. Has it worked? Sure looks like it through eight games. So the poll is irrelevant.

In Verner We Trust

BucBalla85

Hall of Famer

#21 : November 07, 2012, 04:10:52 PM

Yea if players truly dont like playing for Schiano they would quit now and let him get fired.

JDouble

Hall of Famer
#22 : November 07, 2012, 04:11:33 PM

The best coach in the history of football is right behind Schiano at #2....so this list has no cred.

Also, I know 52 guys that don't agree with this nonsense. That is all that matters.

Morgan

Hall of Famer
#23 : November 07, 2012, 04:15:56 PM

I like almost everything about Schiano except an occasional quirky coaching move like calling a TO with 2 secs left and having a 10 point lead. I haven't read why he did it, but I'm assuming it has to do with having a teaching moment for the team for future games.

If this team gets good, it could be the case of players (free agents) fighting for the right to be on the squad.  Everyone wants to be on a winner.

I hope Coach S keep marching to the beat of his own drum as long as he doesn't get obnoxious like Rex Ryan.

BucBalla85

Hall of Famer

#24 : November 07, 2012, 04:24:26 PM

I like almost everything about Schiano except an occasional quirky coaching move like calling a TO with 2 secs left and having a 10 point lead. I haven't read why he did it, but I'm assuming it has to do with having a teaching moment for the team for future games.

You dont know why it was, can you see how your assumption of what he did causes your negative view of him?

If this team gets good, it could be the case of players (free agents) fighting for the right to be on the squad.  Everyone wants to be on a winner.

I hope Coach S keep marching to the beat of his own drum as long as he doesn't get obnoxious like Rex Ryan.

To comment on the other stuff, I havent seen anything in him that resembles Rex Ryan. I see a hard nosed coach who is gonna put in the work to win and not everybody likes that. But that doesnt mean what hes saying doesnt work or isnt whats needed to win. Also some people work differently and react to different styles. I think winners and guys who are succesful put in the time and want to do the work, want to be around the game all the time. Remember Schiano said he wants guys who love football and love getting better. Its a fine line Morgan. Its one thing to love playing football and its quite another to love being the best at football. One takes a lot more work, effort, and discomfort than the other.

JDouble

Hall of Famer
#25 : November 07, 2012, 04:32:32 PM

With Coughlin and Bellicheat so high on this list, it makes you think the players polled are more concerned with having it easy at work than they are winning. Makes the whole poll really stupid. Makes me happy Schiano is at the top!

JavaRay

Hall of Famer

#26 : November 07, 2012, 04:34:45 PM

The best coach in the history of football is right behind Schiano at #2....so this list has no cred.

I don't see Gruden's name right behind Schiano on that list.   So your statement is false.

youngone

Hall of Famer
#27 : November 07, 2012, 04:36:22 PM

I don't see Gruden's name right behind Schiano on that list.   So your statement is false.
I lol'd

DeltaBuc5

Hall of Famer

#28 : November 07, 2012, 04:44:12 PM

Weird...look at all those coaches with rings.

Bucs N Beers

Hall of Famer
#29 : November 07, 2012, 04:52:18 PM

My best friend coached high school football with one of Coughlin's former players. The player said he hated Coughlin and that he ruined his career. It never surprises me that Coughlin isn't liked and is always talked about as being a rough guy. But the guy has won multiple Super Bowls.

Do you want to have it easy? See 2011 Bucs
Want to play hard and win? See Coughlin and Belichick.

Green Right Slot, Albacore 3 Y Quesadilla
Page: 1 2 3 4 ... 10
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Bucs' Greg Schiano voted least desired coach in Sporting News players poll « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools