Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Pirate's Cove (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Serious political discussion « previous next »
Page: 1 2

wreck ship

Hall of Famer

« : November 07, 2012, 08:19:32 PM »

lol, yea right. :P

So in the interest of the common good and by the authority of the declaration of independence, what do you propose us citizens do to
a. fix our economy (however you interpret that)?
b. address the justice system and ensure basic civil rights?
c. address education, healthcare, and the sciences ?
d. address infrastructure(energy, transportation, urbanization/overcrowding)?
e. address military and foreign relations?

Are these public matters or private? Who gets to decide what?

This country was built by natives, immigrants, and slaves but it wasn't built for 330 million citizens. Every basic institution we have is outdated and not just this country. Around the world, "techno nations" are growing uncomfortable with traditional institutions. I read an article back when Bush was in office that tied the economic downturn to a shift in economics from traditional brick and mortar economics to online economics. Our old wine skin is over pouring with new wine while our traditional regulators fail us badly. Do you have a different opinion of the problem?

Real political talk.

philosophy is questions that may never be answered
religion is answers that may never be questioned

GoldsonAges

Hall of Famer

« #1 : November 07, 2012, 09:05:02 PM »

There is nothing you can do to fix anything until you get the corporate interests out of politics. It's either 'for the people', or for the wealthy corporate intwerests, and right now the corporate interests are winning, hence, all the problems you just addressed.

My suggestion is to contact your representatives and tell them what you want. The biggest problem we have right now is that we are a globe trotting military state who thinks we can fix everyone elses problems, while ignoring ours.......which is exactly what the corporate controllers want. There is big money in war and killing. This won't go on for long. I suggest you contact your rep and tell them to stop all wars and return the troops home....time is running short for this issue.

Mike Glennon
6\' 7\" 220 pounds.
6\' 6\" 210
6\' 5\" 200
6\' 4\" 190 6\' 3\" 180 6\' 2\" 170 6\' 1\" 160  6\' 0\" 150 How does he compare to your favorite QB?

The Anti-Java

Hall of Famer

« #2 : November 07, 2012, 09:23:37 PM »

There is nothing you can do to fix anything until you get the corporate interests out of politics. It's either 'for the people', or for the wealthy corporate intwerests, and right now the corporate interests are winning, hence, all the problems you just addressed.

My suggestion is to contact your representatives and tell them what you want. The biggest problem we have right now is that we are a globe trotting military state who thinks we can fix everyone elses problems, while ignoring ours.......which is exactly what the corporate controllers want. There is big money in war and killing. This won't go on for long. I suggest you contact your rep and tell them to stop all wars and return the troops home....time is running short for this issue.

Good post.  Although I am so sick of politics right now, I will just throw this out there.

The US has to be somewhat of the worlds policeman. Who else is going to be?  It would be great to just sit back back and take care of our own probs, and say screw everyone else.  But the prob with that, is before you know it, these **CENSORED**wad countries are developing nukes, and you have a nuke headed for the USA.   And as these countries get more and more poor and impoverished, that opens them up to groups like Al-Qaeda and others.   I would be in favor of the policing, but do so with high tech drones, and other surveillance measures.   No boots on the ground.

sig pic by chace1986

PewterReportMC....
\\\\\\\"Java, do you understand this a perfect example of why people beg me to suspend or ban you on a daily basis? Are you actually trying to make a point? Seriously what is the reason for even commenting. In fact why do you even bother coming to the boards? What happened to the intelligent poster from years ago?  A real shame. Like the Bucs yesterday, a wasted effort.\\\\\\\"

GoldsonAges

Hall of Famer

« #3 : November 07, 2012, 09:32:20 PM »

Good post.  Although I am so sick of politics right now, I will just throw this out there.

The US has to be somewhat of the worlds policeman. Who else is going to be?  It would be great to just sit back back and take care of our own probs, and say screw everyone else.  But the prob with that, is before you know it, these **CENSORED**wad countries are developing nukes, and you have a nuke headed for the USA.   And as these countries get more and more poor and impoverished, that opens them up to groups like Al-Qaeda and others.   I would be in favor of the policing, but do so with high tech drones, and other surveillance measures.   No boots on the ground.

I heard about the Keshe Foundation having a technology that would end all wars. Something that is able to stop any air or ground machinery in it's tracks. My hope is that this technology gets distributed to every country in the world so that there can be no more wars. This is allegedly the technology that brought down the US drone over Iran. And it's probably a big reason why Iran hasn't been attacked by Israel yet.

Killing people should not be a money making proposition. I believe we are all one. We are killing ourselves.

Mike Glennon
6\' 7\" 220 pounds.
6\' 6\" 210
6\' 5\" 200
6\' 4\" 190 6\' 3\" 180 6\' 2\" 170 6\' 1\" 160  6\' 0\" 150 How does he compare to your favorite QB?

JavaRay

User is banned from postingMuted
Hall of Famer

« #4 : November 07, 2012, 09:50:04 PM »

The only way to fix those things properly is to wait until they can get a real leader in office in 2016.  Hopefully Obama doesn't screw things up too badly by then.

cyberdude558

Hall of Famer

« #5 : November 07, 2012, 10:20:33 PM »

We will be around $22 trillion in debt by the time 2016 rolls around.

wreck ship

Hall of Famer

« #6 : November 07, 2012, 11:10:38 PM »

This thread is like a conversation from family guy.

We're more screwed than I thought

Dolorous Jason

Hall of Famer

« #7 : November 08, 2012, 08:13:52 AM »

coup d'état
 noun

: a sudden decisive exercise of force in politics; especially: the violent overthrow or alteration of an existing government by a small group

What is your point? I was wrong? Ok. You win. I was wrong.

GameTime

Hall of Famer
« #8 : November 08, 2012, 08:45:20 AM »

it all begins at home.  nothing will be fixed until we fix the family.

\"Lets put the O back in Country\"

wreck ship

Hall of Famer

« #9 : November 08, 2012, 09:14:39 AM »

it all begins at home.  nothing will be fixed until we fix the family.
i agree but how? Look at the divorce rate. Again, I think we're looking at another outdated institution with very little meaning and too much tradition.

GameTime

Hall of Famer
« #10 : November 08, 2012, 09:44:07 AM »

its not just divorce rate, although i do believe that "til death do us part" has lost its significance.   its how children are being raised.

\"Lets put the O back in Country\"

wreck ship

Hall of Famer

« #11 : November 08, 2012, 09:55:34 AM »

its not just divorce rate, although i do believe that "til death do us part" has lost its significance.   its how children are being raised.
our poor education system doesn't help. I dont think it's a teachers responsibility to raise my kids but we can have a curriculum that meets the social needs of students as well as academic.

Chief Joseph

User is banned from postingMuted
Hall of Famer

« #12 : November 08, 2012, 12:33:50 PM »

address education

It's time to leave a child behind. This bull**CENSORED** fantasy ideal about everyone being equal is killing us. We've been equaling things out not by catching up those who lag behind, but by holding back our best and brightest.

Illuminator is a good poster. He sticks to his guns and makes good points. Some don\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\'t like that.

mjs020294

Hall of Famer

« #13 : November 08, 2012, 12:49:01 PM »

We will be around $22 trillion in debt by the time 2016 rolls around.

And your point is?

The debt has risen steadily for three plus decades.  In fact the highest increases were seen under Reagan.   We need to spend less and increase revenues, and that means taxes will also have to rise.

In a consumer driven economy is it sheer madness to stimulate the economy with tax cuts and borrowed money to spend it all on goods made in China.   The Bush years were probably the most damaging in US history, so the answer is more of them same, brilliant.

Dolorous Jason

Hall of Famer

« #14 : November 08, 2012, 05:01:22 PM »

Louis Vutton handbags will save the country, apparently...

What is your point? I was wrong? Ok. You win. I was wrong.

Page: 1 2
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Pirate's Cove (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Serious political discussion « previous next »
:  

Hide Tools Show Tools