Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: BUCS-CHARGERS GAME BLACKED OUT SUNDAY « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 ... 6

PewterReportDL

Starter
: November 08, 2012, 01:46:17 PM

Despite a two-game winning streak, a 4-4 record and an record setting offensive performance over the last month, the Buccaneers announced Thursday that their Sunday matchup against the Chargers will be blacked out.

https://www.pewterreport.com/index.php?option=com_k2&Itemid=20&view=item&layout=item&id=8499

jlr0714

Starter
#1 : November 08, 2012, 01:48:57 PM

This fan base is pathetic.   The team is winning AND exciting...and we can't sell out 85% of the stadium.   

BucBalla85

Hall of Famer

#2 : November 08, 2012, 01:50:47 PM

Its a bandwagon city. It sucks its that way but its true.

JavaRay

User is banned from postingMuted
Hall of Famer

#3 : November 08, 2012, 02:02:18 PM

Blame the Glazers.   They screwed the most loyal fans over.   This is what they get.

jlr0714

Starter
#4 : November 08, 2012, 02:03:48 PM

Get over it already.   That horse is beaten, dead & decaying.   Prices have been reduced, the PSLs are gone.   Only bitter old drama queens are still blathering about what happened five years ago.

DeltaBuc5

Hall of Famer

#5 : November 08, 2012, 02:13:31 PM

Game's gonna be good, stadium is gonna be loaded come Sunday. I can't wait!

Too bad for the folks staying at home, the way the blackout rule works is pretty dumb...not sure why they can't wait until Friday or Saturday nights to rule something blackout'd or not.

Zsnore

User is on moderator watch listWatched
Pro Bowler
#6 : November 08, 2012, 02:15:24 PM

The walk-up crowed will be huge.

This is what I think about the Glazers being cheap...

BucBalla85

Hall of Famer

#7 : November 08, 2012, 02:18:04 PM

Game's gonna be good, stadium is gonna be loaded come Sunday. I can't wait!

Too bad for the folks staying at home, the way the blackout rule works is pretty dumb...not sure why they can't wait until Friday or Saturday nights to rule something blackout'd or not.

Agree but I think I heard something that they could push it back if they thought it would meet the 85% by gametime. I dont know where I heard that from.

Bayfisher

Hall of Famer

#8 : November 08, 2012, 02:22:32 PM

I'm sure the team could have requested an extension but then they would have had to buy up the unsold tickets if there were any left.  And we all know that story.

JavaRay

Hall of Famer

#9 : November 08, 2012, 02:38:06 PM

I doubt it.   Not for this one.

RHBucsFan

Pro Bowler

#10 : November 08, 2012, 02:42:31 PM

Blame the Glazers.   They screwed the most loyal fans over.   This is what they get.

Java is completely right. So many on this board forget or don't understand that posters on this board are NOT representative of the majority of Bucs fans. This board IS the die-hards, the ones that show up regardless for the most part. Franchises need casual fans to fill up a stadium too. You're not going to have 65,000 die-hards, fact of life. The casual fan is not as quick to forgive the past 7-8 years of ineptitude as the posters on this board.

BucBalla85

Hall of Famer

#11 : November 08, 2012, 02:44:21 PM

I'm sure the team could have requested an extension but then they would have had to buy up the unsold tickets if there were any left.  And we all know that story.

Ok yea I thought they could do that. Your right though, unlikely thing they would do. I dont expect them to anyways. They did it for a few years when Gruden was still here coaching. Not surprised they didnt do it during the Raheem years. I think they would do it if they saw some kind of interest increase and knew it would help them get more interest. I think they are waiting like a lot of other people. Like I said, bandwagon USA!

JavaRay

Hall of Famer

#12 : November 08, 2012, 02:45:11 PM

I wouldn't say there have been 7-8 years of ineptitude.   They won the division in 2007.

BucBalla85

Hall of Famer

#13 : November 08, 2012, 02:46:02 PM

Java is completely right. So many on this board forget or don't understand that posters on this board are NOT representative of the majority of Bucs fans. This board IS the die-hards, the ones that show up regardless for the most part. Franchises need casual fans to fill up a stadium too. You're not going to have 65,000 die-hards, fact of life. The casual fan is not as quick to forgive the past 7-8 years of ineptitude as the posters on this board.

We need the casuals to come back. They have spent their money on other things and if they enjoy football, probably enjoy it more from the comfort of their own home.

Zsnore

User is on moderator watch listWatched
Pro Bowler
#14 : November 08, 2012, 02:48:34 PM

I doubt it.   Not for this one.

It will be decent. That's the word around the City right now.

This is what I think about the Glazers being cheap...
Page: 1 2 3 ... 6
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: BUCS-CHARGERS GAME BLACKED OUT SUNDAY « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools