Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: BUCS-CHARGERS GAME BLACKED OUT SUNDAY « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 ... 6

Chief Joseph

User is banned from postingMuted
Hall of Famer

#15 : November 08, 2012, 02:49:55 PM

Thank you, ZSnore, our "word around the city" correspondent.

Illuminator is a good poster. He sticks to his guns and makes good points. Some don\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\'t like that.

JDouble

Hall of Famer
#16 : November 08, 2012, 03:08:38 PM

On behalf of the Buccaneer players and coaches.....

**CENSORED** YOU TAMPA!

Thank you.

Draft Aaron Donald

Chief Joseph

Hall of Famer

#17 : November 08, 2012, 03:11:12 PM

I'm having doubts that the players and coaches appointed you to alienate fans on their behalf.

Illuminator is a good poster. He sticks to his guns and makes good points. Some don\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\'t like that.

tonyflash

Starter

#18 : November 08, 2012, 03:28:28 PM

I think there are a large group of fans sitting around waiting to see if the game is on TV. If not, they buy tickets after the blackout is announced. Just the way it is. Everyone needs to stop crying about it already.

BucBalla85

Hall of Famer

#19 : November 08, 2012, 03:36:06 PM

I think there are a large group of fans sitting around waiting to see if the game is on TV. If not, they buy tickets after the blackout is announced. Just the way it is. Everyone needs to stop crying about it already.

That is probably true.

I know this is probably a stretch but I think the Bucs need to do more to get people in the seats. Im not saying they need to buy the rest of the tickets or spend wild in free agency. I think they need to learn to market to this town again. They need to learn how to treat the fans well again and that starts with the organization. The fans need to be proud to be fans of this team. This is a football market regardless of the blackouts. This town loves football. They need to love Buccaneer football again. Its happened before, it can happen again.

FinkleisEinhorn

Second String

#20 : November 08, 2012, 03:47:13 PM

Agreed. While the Bucs have been impressive the last month, it will take more than that to sell out consistently. Years of neglect will do that.

Especially annoying are those that don't live in Tampa, but feel they have the right to bash all the locals not going to the game. "You pathetic bandwagon fans...I'd go to the game, but I live in..."

Mighty convenient.

Morgan

Hall of Famer
#21 : November 08, 2012, 04:07:12 PM

On behalf of the Buccaneer players and coaches.....

Thank you.

They're still getting paid, aren't they?

Chief Joseph

Hall of Famer

#22 : November 08, 2012, 04:11:43 PM

True. But you owe them more than that, apparently.

Morgan

Hall of Famer
#23 : November 08, 2012, 04:17:19 PM

Josh Freeman's contract $26 mil/5 yrs =$260,000 per game according to my calculations.

I'm not feeling sorry for him if only 55,000 people show up to the game instead of 65k.

JavaRay

Hall of Famer

#24 : November 08, 2012, 04:29:35 PM

I'd be surprised if they get 55k to this game.   I'm thinking 45.

ufojoe

Hall of Famer

#25 : November 08, 2012, 04:34:19 PM

While the Bucs have been impressive the last month, it will take more than that to sell out consistently. Years of neglect will do that.

Especially annoying are those that don't live in Tampa, but feel they have the right to bash all the locals not going to the game. "You pathetic bandwagon fans...I'd go to the game, but I live in..."

Mighty convenient.

I don't live in Tampa and I'll continue to bash the locals who can afford it.

I'm sure my situation is not unique to the out of town fans on this board. I lived in Tampa from 1991-2000. I went to most of the home games every year and a few road games, too. In 2000, I grew tired of having to find tickets every week and finally bought season tickets.

I left Tampa right before the 2001 season but kept my season tickets and visited Tampa once a year for a game or two at Ray Jay. The last time was that tough loss to the Falcons in 2010, which (from what I remember) wasn't sold out.

I also still see the team on the road when I can. I went to both San Francisco games the past two years and just bought my tickets for Denver. Some of these trips cost as much as season tickets.

So, I will continue to bash the crappy fans in Tampa because they SUCK!!!

I would love if the Bucs moved close to Vegas. LA works. But it most likely won't happen.
: November 08, 2012, 04:38:18 PM ufojoe

Morgan

Hall of Famer
#26 : November 08, 2012, 04:44:26 PM

A part of me would be ecstatic to see the team leave to LV or LA. It'll save me a lot of $.

There are so many other things to do here in Tampa other than sit in sweltering Raymond James Stadium, near fatass drunks just to watch mediocre  football.

tonyflash

Starter

#27 : November 08, 2012, 04:46:59 PM

While the Bucs have been impressive the last month, it will take more than that to sell out consistently. Years of neglect will do that.

Mighty convenient.

I'm sure my situation is not unique to the out of town fans on this board. I lived in Tampa from 1991-2000. I went to most of the home games every year and a few road games, too. In 2000, I grew tired of having to find tickets every week and finally bought season tickets.

I left Tampa right before the 2001 season but kept my season tickets and visited Tampa once a year for a game or two at Ray Jay. The last time was that tough loss to the Falcons in 2010, which (from what I remember) wasn't sold out.

I also still see the team on the road when I can. I went to both San Francisco games the past two years and just bought my tickets for Denver. Some of these trips cost as much as season tickets.

I would love if the Bucs moved close to Vegas. LA works. But it most likely won't happen.

Joe, You might want to start with the sucky football fans of other teams who move to Tampa, live here for many years, and raise their kids here to cheer for other teams. They are taking up a seat in the total area population. The same can be said for the Rays games. They are raising Tampa Bay kids to cheer for teams in other cities and have been for 30+ years.

ufojoe

Hall of Famer

#28 : November 08, 2012, 04:48:54 PM

Mighty convenient.

Joe, You might want to start with the sucky football fans of other teams who move to Tampa, live here for many years, and raise their kids here to cheer for other teams. They are taking up a seat in the total area population. The same can be said for the Rays games. They are raising Tampa Bay kids to cheer for teams in other cities and have been for 30+ years.

I also forget to mention that the 45,000 or so die hard Bucs fans are some of the best in football.

ufojoe

Hall of Famer

#29 : November 08, 2012, 04:50:26 PM

A part of me would be ecstatic to see the team leave to LV or LA. It'll save me a lot of $.

There are so many other things to do here in Tampa other than sit in sweltering Raymond James Stadium, near fatass drunks just to watch mediocre  football.

QFI.

You figure out what the I stands for.
Page: 1 2 3 4 ... 6
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: BUCS-CHARGERS GAME BLACKED OUT SUNDAY « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools