Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: BUCS-CHARGERS GAME BLACKED OUT SUNDAY « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
#30 : November 08, 2012, 04:54:19 PM

A part of me would be ecstatic to see the team leave to LV or LA. It'll save me a lot of $.

There are so many other things to do here in Tampa other than sit in sweltering Raymond James Stadium, near fatass drunks just to watch mediocre  football.

QFI.

You figure out what the I stands for.
HA HA HA!!

Chief Joseph

User is banned from postingMuted
Hall of Famer

#31 : November 08, 2012, 04:55:22 PM

" You might want to start with the sucky football fans of other teams who move to Tampa, live here for many years, and raise their kids here to cheer for other teams. They are taking up a seat in the total area population. The same can be said for the Rays games. They are raising Tampa Bay kids to cheer for teams in other cities and have been for 30+ years. "

So, if you moved out of the Tampa area, you would jump on the bandwagon of the team from the area you moved to? Not real impressive.

Illuminator is a good poster. He sticks to his guns and makes good points. Some don\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\'t like that.

Morgan

Hall of Famer
#32 : November 08, 2012, 04:56:36 PM

" You might want to start with the sucky football fans of other teams who move to Tampa, live here for many years, and raise their kids here to cheer for other teams. They are taking up a seat in the total area population. The same can be said for the Rays games. They are raising Tampa Bay kids to cheer for teams in other cities and have been for 30+ years. "

So, if you moved out of the Tampa area, you would jump on the bandwagon of the team from the area you moved to? Not real impressive.

Psst! Did it in ATL and SEA over the last couple of decades. Don't tell anyone, though.

Chief Joseph

Hall of Famer

#33 : November 08, 2012, 05:01:36 PM

I shall not be surprised, sir, to learn of your death from venereal disease or upon the gallows.

Illuminator is a good poster. He sticks to his guns and makes good points. Some don\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\'t like that.

tatmanfish

Hall of Famer

#34 : November 08, 2012, 05:26:15 PM

I think there are a large group of fans sitting around waiting to see if the game is on TV. If not, they buy tickets after the blackout is announced. Just the way it is. Everyone needs to stop crying about it already.

That is probably true.

I know this is probably a stretch but I think the Bucs need to do more to get people in the seats. Im not saying they need to buy the rest of the tickets or spend wild in free agency. I think they need to learn to market to this town again. They need to learn how to treat the fans well again and that starts with the organization. The fans need to be proud to be fans of this team. This is a football market regardless of the blackouts. This town loves football. They need to love Buccaneer football again. Its happened before, it can happen again.

theyve had their most aggressive marketing campaign to date. They have discounted tickets to the tune of not even being in the top half of the NFL in avg. ticket price. They did away with PSLs, have half season packages, have kids tickets for under $20, went out and got the two biggest and best FAs, offer discounted everything for season ticket holders(except alcohol), gave free VIP tours of the facility for ticket holders, and are competitively winning. They hired one of the best production companies in the business to help with everything from marketing to game day vids.

The Bucs have gone all out this and have done everything but give their money away. Its time for the fans to show some sort of support.

Quote from: Illuminator
You were simply too smart for me.

Morgan

Hall of Famer
#35 : November 08, 2012, 05:34:50 PM

I think there are a large group of fans sitting around waiting to see if the game is on TV. If not, they buy tickets after the blackout is announcedfind the best internet feed available. Just the way it is. Everyone needs to stop crying about it already.

yep

JDouble

Hall of Famer
#36 : November 08, 2012, 05:47:00 PM

Look at the useless garbage fans on these forums and it's easy to see why our fan base sucks.

BucBalla85

Hall of Famer

#37 : November 08, 2012, 05:47:00 PM

I think there are a large group of fans sitting around waiting to see if the game is on TV. If not, they buy tickets after the blackout is announced. Just the way it is. Everyone needs to stop crying about it already.

That is probably true.

I know this is probably a stretch but I think the Bucs need to do more to get people in the seats. Im not saying they need to buy the rest of the tickets or spend wild in free agency. I think they need to learn to market to this town again. They need to learn how to treat the fans well again and that starts with the organization. The fans need to be proud to be fans of this team. This is a football market regardless of the blackouts. This town loves football. They need to love Buccaneer football again. Its happened before, it can happen again.

theyve had their most aggressive marketing campaign to date. They have discounted tickets to the tune of not even being in the top half of the NFL in avg. ticket price. They did away with PSLs, have half season packages, have kids tickets for under $20, went out and got the two biggest and best FAs, offer discounted everything for season ticket holders(except alcohol), gave free VIP tours of the facility for ticket holders, and are competitively winning. They hired one of the best production companies in the business to help with everything from marketing to game day vids.

The Bucs have gone all out this and have done everything but give their money away. Its time for the fans to show some sort of support.

Well maybe it will take some time. I think the fans will eventually come back. Its heading in the right direction. If the success and growth continues, I see the fans coming back at some point. Maybe not right away but if the team gives fans reason to come see the games. They will come. RIght now its still too much uncertainty Im afraid.

Chief Joseph

Hall of Famer

#38 : November 08, 2012, 06:00:07 PM

Look at the useless garbage fans on these forums and it's easy to see why our fan base sucks.

Don't be so hard on yourself. You're not the only useless garbage fan.

Hate

Hall of Famer
#39 : November 08, 2012, 06:45:10 PM

Blame the Glazers.   They screwed the most loyal fans over.   This is what they get.

Blame the 'fans' that won't support the team.... blackouts is what they get, and deserve!!

-------------------------------------------------------

I thought Lovie said he wanted quickness & speed, even at the QB position?

Bayfisher

Hall of Famer

#40 : November 08, 2012, 06:54:06 PM

Blame the Glazers.   They screwed the most loyal fans over.   This is what they get.

Blame the 'fans' that won't support the team.... blackouts is what they get, and deserve!!
I guess we deserved spending the least amount on players from 2004-2011 and Raheem Morris also.  It was all a big thank you for selling out for all those years. 

Hate

Hall of Famer
#41 : November 08, 2012, 06:58:23 PM

I guess we deserved spending the least amount on players from 2004-2011 and Raheem Morris also.  It was all a big thank you for selling out for all those years.

While you waste your time dwelling on the past, i'll be in Ray Jay Sunday watching us kick the shlt out of the Chargers. Enjoy your day!!!

A part of me would be ecstatic to see the team leave to LV or LA. It'll save me a lot of $.

There are so many other things to do here in Tampa other than sit in sweltering Raymond James Stadium, near fatass drunks just to watch mediocre  football.

You have got to be THE MOST schizophrenic person i've ever seen post on this board.

Franchises need casual fans to fill up a stadium too. You're not going to have 65,000 die-hards, fact of life.

Packer fan says that's nonsense!

Especially annoying are those that don't live in Tampa, but feel they have the right to bash all the locals not going to the game. "You pathetic bandwagon fans...I'd go to the game, but I live in..."

Mighty convenient.

I've lived here all my life, haven't missed a game in over 20 years. I'd like to bash 'em..... with your permission, of course!!

Bayfisher

Hall of Famer

#42 : November 08, 2012, 07:05:38 PM

While you waste your time dwelling on the past, i'll be in Ray Jay Sunday watching us kick the shlt out of the Chargers. Enjoy your day!!!
Why would you waste your money to go see Carnell? He sux. 

JDouble

Hall of Famer
#43 : November 08, 2012, 07:14:20 PM

+1

Hate

Hall of Famer
#44 : November 08, 2012, 07:28:08 PM

Why would you waste your money to go see Carnell? He sux.

The only solo act i've ever paid to see was Jordan. When i go to Ray Jay, its to see the team i love.... in spite of Carnell.

Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: BUCS-CHARGERS GAME BLACKED OUT SUNDAY « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools