Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Pirate's Cove (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Mitt Romney's failure was inevitable « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 ... 13

jbear

Pro Bowler

« : November 08, 2012, 04:44:56 PM »

http://www.examiner.com/article/third-party-and-ron-paul-votes-impacted-election-day-florida

Did the GOP alienate enough Paul-leaning Republicans to lose the election?

It is unlikely that any concrete data will ever confirm the extent to which the GOP alienated Paul-leaning Republicans, and whether these votes could have ultimately cost Romney and the Republican Party the election. However, there is plenty of circumstantial evidence that the establishment’s decision to reject and suppress Paul’s supporters and his limited-government ideology may have taken millions of potential votes away from Mitt Romney.

Ron Paul received a significant percentage of the primary votes across the U.S. However, there have been numerous allegations of voter fraud and violations of primary and caucus procedures throughout the Republican Primary process that Paul’s supporters believe cost him a number of states. In addition to the scandals at the primary, the Romney campaign has been blamed with forcibly excluding and eliminating many Ron Paul delegates at the Republican National Convention (RNC) back in August 2012 in Tampa Bay.

When these two factors of “strong-arming” delegates throughout the primary and convention process are combined, it is likely that many long-time Republicans that supported Ron Paul either stayed home or participated in write-in campaigns that in most cases will not be counted towards the final vote totals. These unknown vote totals, when combined with his support scattered among third party candidates such as the Libertarian Party’s Gary Johnson and Constitution Party’s Virgil Goode, likely exceeded Obama’s margin of victory in a number of states.

My answer has always been a resounding yes.  It was assumed by many Paul supporters that Romney lost the election leading up to the RNC and closed the door there. 

http://abcnews.go.com/blogs/politics/2012/03/police-intervene-arrest-ron-paul-backers-at-missouri-caucus/

http://www.politico.com/news/stories/0812/80168.html
Paul campaign manager Jesse Benton declined to speculate about the seating snubs except to quip: “I am glad so many of our delegates get to sit close together.”

Yet others freely admitted the arrangement seemed intentional.

http://www.examiner.com/article/gop-establishment-makes-a-mockery-of-the-democratic-process-oklahoma

http://thedailybell.com/3738/VIDEO-Is-the-Election-Being-Stolen-From-Ron-Paul

Election fraud has occurred in every state in the union, but what may be the worst case yet happened on Saturday in Washington State as GOP party 'officials' openly attempted to exclude Ron Paul delegates from participating in the 2nd District's Convention.

Why Am I saying all this now?  I want those crying in thier milk over Romney's failure to know why it happend.  The republican party will change or it will die off.  neocons and the christian right are dwindling in numbers and they are not the future.  Take heed.  A brighter future is ahead if you can embrace real change. 

Chief Joseph

User is banned from postingMuted
Hall of Famer

« #1 : November 08, 2012, 04:51:09 PM »

Good. We'll never fix this mess until disaster forces us to. And Obama is just the man to get us there.

Illuminator is a good poster. He sticks to his guns and makes good points. Some don\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\'t like that.

jbear

Pro Bowler

« #2 : November 08, 2012, 05:31:13 PM »

I hate to Rely on Rachael Maddow but she has it exactly right. 

As Illuminator says... we will never fix this mess until disaster forces us to.  I consider the corruption inherent in both parties to already be at disaster level.  In the case of Mitt Romney it was also the nail in his own coffin. yuk yuk yuk.

Mr. Milich

Hall of Famer
« #3 : November 09, 2012, 02:07:32 PM »

Duopoly.

Until that changes nothing in government ever will.

JavaRay

Hall of Famer

« #4 : November 09, 2012, 07:31:42 PM »

Good. We'll never fix this mess until disaster forces us to. And Obama is just the man to get us there.

I truly believe the whoever runs on the Republican ticket in 2016 will win.    People will be so sick of Obama's crap (just like they were after 8 years of GWB) that they will want "change".

Dolorous Jason

Hall of Famer

« #5 : November 10, 2012, 02:27:12 PM »

Agreed.

What is your point? I was wrong? Ok. You win. I was wrong.

GoldsonAges

Hall of Famer

« #6 : November 11, 2012, 10:16:26 PM »

As if.........if the pubs wanted to win, they would have nominated Ron Paul, but they didn't.

The Republican party is run by the same people the Democratic party is run by(bankers).

They did win. They had both horses in the two horse race....how could they lose?

Mike Glennon
6\' 7\" 220 pounds.
6\' 6\" 210
6\' 5\" 200
6\' 4\" 190 6\' 3\" 180 6\' 2\" 170 6\' 1\" 160  6\' 0\" 150 How does he compare to your favorite QB?

Dolorous Jason

Hall of Famer

« #7 : November 12, 2012, 07:15:23 AM »

As if.........if the pubs wanted to win, they would have nominated Ron Paul, but they didn't.

The Republican party is run by the same people the Democratic party is run by(bankers).

They did win. They had both horses in the two horse race....how could they lose?

You are right about this also.

GameTime

Hall of Famer
« #8 : November 12, 2012, 11:26:39 AM »

theres a small percentage of folks that really believe a guy like ron paul is the answer.  the majority does not.

\"Lets put the O back in Country\"

VinBucFan

Hall of Famer
« #9 : November 12, 2012, 03:46:42 PM »

Romney did not have a chance for many reasons, but I am not sure if Ron Paul's supporters are the reason. I think it is simpler than that:

http://www.theatlantic.com/politics/archive/2012/11/2-graphs-that-should-accompany-every-discussion-of-the-gops-demographics-problem/265032/

By posting the link I don mean to take anything away from Obama who deserves credit too, just that the pure make up of the country puts any republican at a disadvantage even greater than normal (conservatives are by defintiion nearly always in the minority)

cyberdude558

Hall of Famer

« #10 : November 12, 2012, 04:34:17 PM »

No the reality is you can't beat Santa Claus.

You got too many people right now on government services. And they dont want those benefits to end.

VinBucFan

Hall of Famer
« #11 : November 12, 2012, 06:16:00 PM »

http://www.philly.com/philly/news/politics/20121112_In_59_Philadelphia_voting_wards__Mitt_Romney_got_zero_votes.html

Dolorous Jason

Hall of Famer

« #12 : November 12, 2012, 06:31:25 PM »

You got too many people right now on government services. And they dont want those benefits to end.

It's rainin' stash up in here...

JavaRay

Hall of Famer

« #13 : November 12, 2012, 08:24:14 PM »

It's rainin' stash up in here...

Where are the cell phones?

CBWx2

Hall of Famer

« #14 : November 12, 2012, 10:10:20 PM »

Very entertaining that the cons go-to reaction to the election is to call half the country racist, shiftless moochers for not voting for them. Of course, it's exactly that attitude that turns people off from voting for them in the first place. Bigotry, sexism, and elitism costing you votes? Why not try doubling down on bigotry, sexism, and elitism. That's sure to advance the conservative cause.
 ;)

Page: 1 2 3 ... 13
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Pirate's Cove (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Mitt Romney's failure was inevitable « previous next »
:  

Hide Tools Show Tools