Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Pirate's Cove (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Mitt Romney's failure was inevitable « previous next »
Page: 1 ... 11 12 13

CBWx2

Hall of Famer

#180 : November 29, 2012, 08:55:07 PM

Posting direct quotes from you is a lie? Wait...that's a trick question...

CalcuttaRain

Hall of Famer
#181 : November 29, 2012, 09:09:30 PM

Posting direct quotes from you is a lie? Wait...that's a trick question...

Here's a little test for you.

Quote #1 :  John said, "I killed Sue"   -- Most would read that quote and say John killed Sue.  However what if Quote #1 was only part of what John said and the full quote was:

Quote #2 John said "I killed Sue is what CBW said" 

If the person who put Quote #1 up by editing out "is what CBW said" did so to create the FALSE impression that John killed Sue then the editor of the quote is a LIAR, right?

That is exactly what you did CBW, but I am sure you have pages of spin, spin spin

Show the bravest of the brave kids that you have their back.  Go to http://www.childrenscancercenter.org/

Just check out the site or maybe like them on Facebook . .  or Share the site on Facebook, re-tweet one of their tweets.  Not everyone can give money to support this great cause, but its easy to give 10 seconds of your time to help spread the word about The Children\\\\\\\'s Cancer Center

CBWx2

Hall of Famer

#182 : November 29, 2012, 09:52:31 PM

The problem with your example is that in it, the first quote leaves out pertinent information that alters the meaning of the statement, whereas my quote of your remarks didn't. Your entire posts that I paraphrased:

I have a family member who lives in CA. He was able to get legal marijuana for "migraines." Great guy but changed his life for the negative.  If you put aside the alleged "medical" benefits, which only a few would need (if at all), what is the POSITIVE AFFIRMATIVE argument FOR legalizing pot?  Don't tell me it will do no harm (that's stupid) and don't tell me it will reduce crime (also stupid) what is the POSTIVE reason to add it to society as a legal drug? What independent benefit does it bring?

Give it your best shot. State the case for legal marijuana, other than the same recycled arguments I discussed above.

I am not closed to it at all.  You said I glossed over a couple of strong reasons? Did anybody post a reason why the drug is so beneficial to society that it should be legalized? that was my question. Some people posted arguments why LEGALIZATION would be good, but my question was the drug.  The closest I saw was your guess that it might be a good alternative pain killer. Did I miss something?

What of that was left out, which lead to a mischaracterization of your position?

LOL, in otherwords, "give me the case for legalization except for all the the reasons that I have already concluded are untrue based on absolutely nothing but my own personal opinion."

Intellectual dishonesty: An argument which is misused to advance an agenda or to reinforce one's deeply held beliefs in the face of overwhelming evidence to the contrary.

Your only response is to point out some shady distinction between "the argument for legalization" and "the argument for legalized marijuana". You might as well be holding a neon sign with an arrow pointing at you that say's "Intellectually dishonest" at this point.
: November 29, 2012, 09:57:48 PM CBWx2

Biggs3535

Hall of Famer
#183 : November 30, 2012, 10:26:55 AM

The meltdown has begun.

It will soon become a storm-off. 

Followed by the inevitable return.

weakest of weak sauce .. sorry you have to do better than that (if you can). That stuff might work with some of the schmucks that hang down here (no doubt that is why you live in the Cove) but not me, not interested

(my gawd you are lame)

CalcuttaRain

Hall of Famer
#184 : December 03, 2012, 12:42:25 AM

The problem with your example is that in it, the first quote leaves out pertinent information that alters the meaning of the statement, whereas my quote of your remarks didn't. Your entire posts that I paraphrased:

I have a family member who lives in CA. He was able to get legal marijuana for "migraines." Great guy but changed his life for the negative.  If you put aside the alleged "medical" benefits, which only a few would need (if at all), what is the POSITIVE AFFIRMATIVE argument FOR legalizing pot?  Don't tell me it will do no harm (that's stupid) and don't tell me it will reduce crime (also stupid) what is the POSTIVE reason to add it to society as a legal drug? What independent benefit does it bring?

Give it your best shot. State the case for legal marijuana, other than the same recycled arguments I discussed above.

I am not closed to it at all.  You said I glossed over a couple of strong reasons? Did anybody post a reason why the drug is so beneficial to society that it should be legalized? that was my question. Some people posted arguments why LEGALIZATION would be good, but my question was the drug.  The closest I saw was your guess that it might be a good alternative pain killer. Did I miss something?

What of that was left out, which lead to a mischaracterization of your position?

LOL, in otherwords, "give me the case for legalization except for all the the reasons that I have already concluded are untrue based on absolutely nothing but my own personal opinion."

Intellectual dishonesty: An argument which is misused to advance an agenda or to reinforce one's deeply held beliefs in the face of overwhelming evidence to the contrary.

Your only response is to point out some shady distinction between "the argument for legalization" and "the argument for legalized marijuana". You might as well be holding a neon sign with an arrow pointing at you that say's "Intellectually dishonest" at this point.

ROFLMAO.  I am happy to let my integrity match up against yours any day.   The mere fact that you would try to spin your edit of my quote illustrates the point.

Show the bravest of the brave kids that you have their back.  Go to http://www.childrenscancercenter.org/

Just check out the site or maybe like them on Facebook . .  or Share the site on Facebook, re-tweet one of their tweets.  Not everyone can give money to support this great cause, but its easy to give 10 seconds of your time to help spread the word about The Children\\\\\\\'s Cancer Center

CalcuttaRain

Hall of Famer
#185 : December 03, 2012, 12:43:05 AM

The meltdown has begun.

It will soon become a storm-off. 

Followed by the inevitable return.

weakest of weak sauce .. sorry you have to do better than that (if you can). That stuff might work with some of the schmucks that hang down here (no doubt that is why you live in the Cove) but not me, not interested

(my gawd you are lame)

yawn

jbear

Pro Bowler

#186 : December 15, 2012, 04:07:45 AM

Solving our problems isn't nearly as important as figuring out how to blame them on Bush.

You know, I just can't figure out why everyone thinks you're an extremist.

Everybody doesn't think I'm extremist. You cons on this MB do. Oh yeah. I forgot. You aren't a conservative.  ::)

Trying to read through this whole thread since my last post in here and I have to stop at this one. I am not a friend of Illuminator but I must say... Calling him a conservative just points out how much of a flaming lib you are.  I read on here all the time and for years now.  That guy is no conservative but I'm sure in your marxist fairytale he qualifiy's as a conservative but really?  He's laid out where he stands and conservative wouldn't come to my mind unless I was a flaming marxist.   Painting yourself as whatever is more in line with what you're doing here.   Illiminator is a conservative? lol too funny

jbear

Pro Bowler

#187 : December 15, 2012, 04:48:07 AM

The only thing I was trying to  point out with this thread was the FACT that Romney never had a chance.... once he fell in line with the establishment of the republican partty.  I'd also like to point out that both parties are extremely corrupt when it comes to the primary elections.  The establishment elects the winner.  They decide.  granted, early on someone could gain a foothold and force them to change their thinking but It's more or less decided by the elites, ie establishments of either party.  The Republican party is broken.  The only way Romney or any repub could have beaten Obama was to buck the Party establishment which Romney did not do. I suspect that had more to do with insecurity on the candidates part than anything else.  Romney had a history of waffling.  He just went with the establishment when his only chance of winning was to go with the insurgency.  As I said.  I believe the Repub party is broken.   As a life long republican until 08 I can attest to the fact that MANY who lean republican can't sign on to the christian right agenda OR the Neocon warmongering Empire BS spread by the mainstream of the party.  That is all.

CBWx2

Hall of Famer

#188 : December 15, 2012, 07:17:23 AM

Solving our problems isn't nearly as important as figuring out how to blame them on Bush.

Everybody doesn't think I'm extremist. You cons on this MB do. Oh yeah. I forgot. You aren't a conservative.  ::)

Trying to read through this whole thread since my last post in here and I have to stop at this one. I am not a friend of Illuminator but I must say... Calling him a conservative just points out how much of a flaming lib you are.  I read on here all the time and for years now.  That guy is no conservative but I'm sure in your marxist fairytale he qualifiy's as a conservative but really?  He's laid out where he stands and conservative wouldn't come to my mind unless I was a flaming marxist.   Painting yourself as whatever is more in line with what you're doing here.   Illiminator is a conservative? lol too funny

Um...maybe he doesn't qualify as a conservative to you because you are a right wing nut job, perhaps? If he's not a conservative to you, then what is he? Him not meeting your litmus test for conservatism speaks more to what you consider to be a conservative than it does me being a "flaming Marxist". It also speaks to your complete lack of basic understanding of what Marxism is, but that's even less surprising.

Dolorous Jason

Hall of Famer

#189 : December 15, 2012, 08:23:15 AM

Um...maybe he doesn't qualify as a conservative to you because you are a right wing nut job, perhaps?

You are a "nut job" unless you fall in lockstep with one of the two parties and the status quo  , jbear. Didn't you know that ?? I mean how can you argue with the results so far ?

But to speak to the issue : using standard definitions ,  Romney can not be considered a traditional conservative  . Romney is best described as a neocon .

What is your point? I was wrong? Ok. You win. I was wrong.

dbucfan

Hall of Famer
#190 : December 15, 2012, 02:52:57 PM

And Barry, if a Republican, would be a moderate Republican... it is all so easy to see if no one is watching as the criteria are moved about. 

\"A Great Coach has to have a Patient Wife, A Loyal Dog, and a Great Quarterback. . . . but not necessarily in that order\" ~ Coach Bud Grant

jferrectu

Practice Squad

#191 : December 18, 2012, 09:41:42 AM

louis vuitton purses We have to inquire ourselves why we allow for ourselves to get overweight. The direct result in of being overweight is overeating. A mixture of emotional taking in (eating once the overall body isn't going to have to have it) and ingesting harmful food items adds on the unwanted fat. She's offering herself 10 many years to save lots of plenty of dollars from her other expertise: finding up spending fellas. But competition is rough. The Moonlight's chain-smoking madame, Zhou Min, states she has 200 girls on her textbooks.

ugg boots clearance Hermes collaborated with Dutch bicycle maker Batavus and adorned an Previous Dutch with meticulously stitched leather accents on saddle, handle bar grips, plus the frame's two key down tubes. The 3-speed bicycle maintains its old original black end. The calfskin leather-based applied with this bicycle will be the high level.

cheap uggs In sharp contrast with robust Louis Vuitton Monogram Canvas texture, the suffle cotton is supposed to place nerveous Cinderella relaxed when she actions into the ball home on the royal palace. People aristocratic females might be knocked out the second they see these types of an incentive process to **CENSORED**e up a banquet clutch, in addition, they can not forecast the vintage diamond lattice of Chanel quilted leather-based flap bags can be part of hands with LV initials and make an incredible embroidery. The vertical band with golden studs and Louis Vuitton Paris plate top off the beautiful clutch..

uggs uk Make use of your fins should you really need to gradual down. For the duration of the system of the trip, you need to hold your ft off the water by keeping them up. However, if you wish to sluggish down somewhat, you may drag them for the water. Right now, his Designer Sneakers are each day elements costly, and array concerning pretty basic high-heels to kinds which will be adorned with complex steel workGucci Shoes may also be rather well-known, but their particular initial boutique was commenced out in Rome way back again in 1938. Their Tailor made Shoes can be found for guys and women, to include easy sneakers to all the more stylish high-heels and wing-tipped business footwear and possess branched obtainable into making details for the inside with luxury autosLouis Vuitton Sneakers originate from their well-known French fashion-house that commenced in 1854. Enjoy Gucci, they make factors other than footwear, these kinds of due to the fact watches, jewelry, trousers and purses.

ugg uk Each individual party visitor gets a transform at becoming blindfolded and making an attempt to stay the crown onto the superior of the frog head. Ensure it is even more difficult by making just about every boy or girl spin all-around three periods before heading towards the frog. No peeking. act u get a 6A reproduction handbags ? existing are so a great deal of hundreds of girls consider the product purses day-to-day inside the region of the earth. probably u can simply verify out numerous of your facsimile handbags are the counterfeit fake kinds , but occasionally u can not inform as with the distinctions stuck involving the 6A model handbags along with the genuine make handbags, proper? so approximately absolutely everyone moment with time u solve find a indisputable fact that whenever a amount of women carry product or service handbags constantly arouse other women of all ages 's envy and talk if clean they inside a minute bring the 6A copy purses . It really is shameful.
Page: 1 ... 11 12 13
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Pirate's Cove (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Mitt Romney's failure was inevitable « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools