Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  College Football Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Tank Carradine « previous next »
Page: 1

GameTime

Hall of Famer
: November 10, 2012, 12:23:02 PM

after reading the kiper pick of him, i wanted to get some FSU guys take on him.  i know dex wasnt advocating him in the first...it makes me wary thinking the guys wasnt a starter and is now thought of as a mid first pick?  how does his game compare to werner and jenkins?  thanks.

\"Lets put the O back in Country\"

dexmonkey

Hall of Famer

#1 : November 10, 2012, 04:52:15 PM

i dont advocate him in the first only because our DBs are so poor. if we had serviceable corners id absolutely take him. i think hes going to end up a top 15 pick, possibly top 10 pick when its all said and done.

kid is a different animal from werner and jenkins. jenkins is a speed rusher but not neccesarily a great run defender. he will end up a 3-4 OLB(think lamar woodley). werner is a more complete DE. plays the run and the pass extremely well. relentless motor and extremely smart and instinctive. think a smaller version of JJ watt

carradine is a blend of both. hes got a nonstop motor and is relentless in pursuit. ive seen him go all the way across the field and nail a runningback behind the line near the sideline for a loss. guy doesnt give up ever. he has protypical size, 6"5 265 right now. really long arms and he can dip, bend and get low. carradine is a complete animal in the pass rushing game. hes ridiculous too as a run defender. he is tied for the team lead in tackles this year with 65 right now and he recorded 11 tackles and a sack thursday night against VT. he sets the edge well and is very strong at the point of attack. he sheds tackles and stops the ball carriers as soon as he gets them. the kid tackles extremely well, once he gets his hands on you its pretty much over. he is the ultimate hustle guy and makes tackles downfield when runners go through the middle or to the opposite side

he is almost a carbon copy of jason pierre paul. similar juco background, similar size, similar playing style. carradine is a great kid and will make a ton of money in the league.  the scary thing is he is far from a finished product. his ceiling is so high its not even funny

GameTime

Hall of Famer
#2 : November 10, 2012, 04:56:56 PM

thanks.  was he considered a backup coming into the season or 3rd starter?  i know mario edwards jr got a lot of the publicity.  was carradines spot on the depth chart more due to the other guys having "seniority"?

dexmonkey

Hall of Famer

#3 : November 10, 2012, 05:04:45 PM

the way we use out DEs
jenkins 1a
werner 1b
carradine 1c

we rotate them so much, thats why FSU gets so much pressure on qbs we just keep pulling one and putting another on the field. carradine was always first man off the bench last year. the guy had something like 35 tackles, 10 tfl and 5.5 sacks last year as a first year guy at FSU, pretty good backup depth if you ask me. carradine was behind 2 1st round talent guys but its pretty obvious he was 1st round as well. every time he came in he did something that made you say "wow this guy would start anywhere but FSU". the best thing that ever happened for him was jenkins getting hurt. hes going to make millions because of it. i think he would have been a 3rd or 4th round steal if it wasnt for him getting the starting spot.

dexmonkey

Hall of Famer

#4 : November 10, 2012, 05:08:47 PM

this video is a perfect setup for carradine. you will see him play the run, rush the passer. he blasts his man backwards a bunch. watch how quick and strong he is. you will see werner get a sack around the 40sec mark, watch how bad carradine gets held, if the LT doesnt hold him hes at the qb in about 1 second. the kid is a monster

GameTime

Hall of Famer
#5 : November 10, 2012, 05:15:30 PM

thanks dex, didnt even realize this was his 2nd year at fsu.  im not hoping for a DL, but if he's BPA he certainly sounds the part.

dexmonkey

Hall of Famer

#6 : November 10, 2012, 05:19:16 PM

yeah id love to have him but we just have no corners that we can rely on to cover. somebody is gonna get a great player. hopefully not atl, no, or carolina

rpc1978

Hall of Famer

#7 : November 10, 2012, 05:48:52 PM

after reading the kiper pick of him, i wanted to get some FSU guys take on him.  i know dex wasnt advocating him in the first...it makes me wary thinking the guys wasnt a starter and is now thought of as a mid first pick?  how does his game compare to werner and jenkins?  thanks.

his stock is on the rise big time.  still raw as a pass rusher but has a great motor and is a physical specimen. he looks bigger than his listed weight. he is a beast against the run too.  in fact, i think he leads the team in tackles or close to it.  i wouldnt worry about him not starting going into this year.  as dex noted, he was going to get plenty of pt this year even if Jenkins was healthy.  Think of him as a really good 6th man in basketball that would start for most teams.  he is getting his chance to shine now though.  he is everything you hope for in a JUCO guy: instant impact. 

i wouldn't compare him to JPP though.  JPP strikes me as more athletic with a tall lanky frame and long wing span with elite edge rush skills.  Tank is thicker and not as quick so i'm not sure he has JPP's upside as a pass rusher but can be a really well rounded DE. 
: November 10, 2012, 06:30:14 PM rpc1978

BucsnNoles

Pro Bowler

#8 : November 19, 2012, 11:53:54 AM

I think it should be mentioned in this thread that Carradine is leading the team in tackles.  Yes a DE is leading the team in tackles.

dexmonkey

Hall of Famer

#9 : November 25, 2012, 07:17:26 PM

unfortunately tank tore his acl in the game versus UF. really feel bad for this kid because he was a first round lock. season stats 80 tackles, 13 for loss, 10.5 sacks, 1 FF

this will knock him to the second at the very best. although a knee injury isnt a death sentence anymore it is going to cost him a bunch of money

GameTime

Hall of Famer
#10 : November 26, 2012, 10:23:52 AM

would love to take a chance on the guy late.  but after injury questions with price/bowers/clayborn and even mccoy/miller now thats gonna be a tough sell.

dexmonkey

Hall of Famer

#11 : November 26, 2012, 12:25:31 PM

my thoughts exactly. he might still be a 2nd rounder but it certainly hurts him

rpc1978

Hall of Famer

#12 : November 26, 2012, 09:40:56 PM

i think a guy like this is worth a shot especially if its beyond the 1st.  I hope Dominick and Hickey keep an eye on him.  He could be a bargain in the 2nd or especially 3rd.. 
Page: 1
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  College Football Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Tank Carradine « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools