Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: What many people aren't talking about... « previous next »
Page: 1 2

baybuc35

Hall of Famer
#15 : November 12, 2012, 12:09:46 PM

Freeman, actually, isn't 100 percent on sneaks.  Not since last year during the Jaguars game.  He mishandled the snap and was stuffed on 4th and one.  I remember how stunned he was in the press conference, because he had never not converted.
didnt happen in the titans game and we lost.

Blaze688

Hall of Famer

#16 : November 12, 2012, 12:22:58 PM

Freeman, actually, isn't 100 percent on sneaks.  Not since last year during the Jaguars game.  He mishandled the snap and was stuffed on 4th and one.  I remember how stunned he was in the press conference, because he had never not converted.
didnt happen in the titans game and we lost.

You're right.  I looked it up, and it was the Titans game, not the Jaguars game.

chace1986

Hall of Famer

#17 : November 12, 2012, 12:38:16 PM

Detroit, Week 15, 2010. Failed QB sneak right before the Winslow Pass interference call.

Until preseason, you stay classy Red Board.

Dolorous Jason

Hall of Famer

#18 : November 12, 2012, 03:53:08 PM

I liked the call.

If your defense sucks then the best path to victory is not field position , but time of possession. Keep the other offense off the field.
How did winning time of possession work out yesterday?

Who said anything about winning it ? ... oh and btw , why don't you give us another update on Blount's YPC .

What is your point? I was wrong? Ok. You win. I was wrong.

JDouble

Hall of Famer
#19 : November 12, 2012, 07:52:35 PM

Freeman is 18 for 18 on 3rd down conversions QB sneaks.

VinBucFan

Hall of Famer
#20 : November 12, 2012, 07:57:48 PM

I liked the call.

If your defense sucks then the best path to victory is not field position , but time of possession. Keep the other offense off the field.
How did winning time of possession work out yesterday?

proof of the fallacy of stats . . . or at least how some use stats

Benchwarmer#1

Hall of Famer

#21 : November 12, 2012, 07:58:28 PM

It WAS too soon to call that particular play. Although, if you knew beforehand that rivers was going to carve up your defense, it was logical.

I think it speaks volumes as to how much faith Schiano has in his passing defense, and in freeman.

Naismith was right about Revis. Everyone else is a dummy.

FlyingScorpion

Starter
#22 : November 12, 2012, 08:13:50 PM

If Free had stayed on his feet, he would have scored!  He broke right through the line.

Ha I thought the same thing ...but in reality Free's not the fastest guy I can see a DB catching him, but it would have been a heck of a play to watch :D
+1 I was hopping the same thing. The way he broke through sandwiched between Penn and Clark He could have easily stayed on his feet

Freeman\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\"I love winning a lot more than Im scared of losing\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\"

bucinsouthFL

Starter

#23 : November 12, 2012, 09:43:26 PM

I loved that call. If you can't get inches, you deserve to loose the game. I think it also has to do with the mentality and identity of the team Schiano is trying to build. We are a run first team that takes shot down the field. Run first teams should be able to get those inches!

DanTurksGhost

Hall of Famer

#24 : November 12, 2012, 10:12:55 PM

By the way, I read an interesting analysis once that said coaches in the NFL should almost ALWAYS go for it on fourth down rather than punt. I'll see if I can find it...

ryan24

Hall of Famer

#25 : November 12, 2012, 11:22:14 PM

Was there anyone who didn't think that not only the Bucs would go for it but that they SHOULD go for it? I thought it a no brainer.

Happy and Peppy and Bursting with love.

ryan24

Hall of Famer

#26 : November 12, 2012, 11:23:53 PM

By the way, I read an interesting analysis once that said coaches in the NFL should almost ALWAYS go for it on fourth down rather than punt. I'll see if I can find it...

maybe

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/02/04/football-statistics-show-teams_n_1254352.html

Happy and Peppy and Bursting with love.

DanTurksGhost

Hall of Famer

#27 : November 12, 2012, 11:30:08 PM

Here's another:

http://www.newyorker.com/online/blogs/sportingscene/2012/08/to-punt-or-not-to-punt.html

"The archetype for non-punting football has become a high-school team in Little Rock, Arkansas. The Pulaski Academy Bruins do not return punts (fumbles and penalties outweigh big returns, they say), they perform onside kicks after almost every score, and they never, ever punt. Last season, they went undefeated and won the state title."

Dolorous Jason

Hall of Famer

#28 : November 13, 2012, 07:54:32 AM

Was that analysis written by people who play John Madden video games ?

What is your point? I was wrong? Ok. You win. I was wrong.

JDouble

Hall of Famer
#29 : November 13, 2012, 08:06:55 AM

I read that. It was that dumb article that claimed Chip Kelly was god and would revolutionize the NFL.....

Page: 1 2
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: What many people aren't talking about... « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools