Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: First Rematch « previous next »
Page: 1 2

1sparkybuc

Hall of Famer
: November 12, 2012, 09:04:18 AM

So much has changed since week #1. I am confident this will NOT be a low scoring game, but how do you think this game will play out.?  Their defense is inconsistent. I expect the Bucs to score in the 30s again (would be the fourth week in a row) and the run defense to be respectable. What they did in the first game is asking way too much. This will be the first time we see what adjustments both of these coaches make in preparation. They were missing a RB in the first game so I expect they will run the ball better. Clayborn is missing. Talib is gone, Nicks too. Larson is playing C. Zuttah's playing LG. The Bucs have made a lot of adjustments in personnel on offense and defense and they have proven they can win road games. I hope they are not overconfident and keep in mind the two really bad losses from last year. I'm thinking 38-24 Bucs with Martin having a really great day.

chace1986

Hall of Famer

#1 : November 12, 2012, 09:14:00 AM

Jimmy Johnson: "I WANNA KICK THEIR ASS!!!"

tripblood

Hall of Famer

#2 : November 12, 2012, 09:16:20 AM

Should be an easy win. Our offense will put up stupid numbers

This guy...

JohnBuc06

Starter
#3 : November 12, 2012, 11:22:06 AM

Should be an easy win. Our offense will put up stupid numbers

What worries me is the D giving up stupid numbers ...man I hate seeing Cam do that stupid superman thing.  Here's hoping the D shows up again like week 1.

BucNY

Hall of Famer

#4 : November 12, 2012, 11:26:23 AM

They play into our strength on defense, stopping the run. Cam has struggled not getting sacked and completing passes so I like our chances. Another week of practice and another week for this secondary to improve.

\\\\\\\"This forum needs a poster like BucNY now more than ever\\\\\\\"
      - Everyone

Detrimental

Hall of Famer

#5 : November 12, 2012, 11:30:46 AM

Panthers have a pretty good defensive line. I really doubt Martin has a good game but I could definitely see us lighting them up in the pass game. That secondary is TRASH. We could have blown those bums out last year if we didn't play scary the first time. Here's how I see it, Freeman throws for over 250+ yards with 2-3 td's.

Flipside, we sack Cam Newton 4 times. They gave up 7 sacks yesterday and their OL depth is worse than ours. Cam can't even set his feet on any given play and the pocket is collapsing so fast he can't even roll out. Expect Bennett, McCoy, and Bowers to both each get sacks. Panthers won't score more than 21 points on offense if we play aggressive like we did week 1.

chace1986

Hall of Famer

#6 : November 12, 2012, 12:14:01 PM

If I'm Chud, I attack the middle of the field, early and often. Find #24 and keep throwing the ball in his direction.

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer

#7 : November 12, 2012, 12:55:29 PM

If the Bucs pass rush can be effective as it was the first time around, then yes, they will win.

But the Bucs need to desperately win the turnover battle in this one.  When Scam loses the turnover battle, he loses.  Period. 

Free needs to keep drives alive at all costs to keep that atrocious secondary off the field.  Seriously, have we ever seen a worse group of pass defenders?

BucNY

Hall of Famer

#8 : November 12, 2012, 01:12:20 PM

If I'm Chud, I attack the middle of the field, early and often. Find #24 and keep throwing the ball in his direction.

It's not Barron dude. When a ball is caught in front of #24 it's rarely his fault. The plays we saw yesterday where Gates was wide open are because our LBs bit on the play action.

\\\\\\\"This forum needs a poster like BucNY now more than ever\\\\\\\"
      - Everyone

chace1986

Hall of Famer

#9 : November 12, 2012, 01:24:18 PM

Oops, forgot, he is our #7 overall pick. Therefore, he does no wrong.  :-X

Barron has been a liability in coverage most of the year, dude.

Hayseed

Hall of Famer

#10 : November 12, 2012, 01:35:22 PM

It's not Barron dude. When a ball is caught in front of #24 it's rarely his fault. The plays we saw yesterday where Gates was wide open are because our LBs bit on the play action.

This. Even Foster admitted to blowing that coverage. However, fans only see Barron responding on TV, so it must have been him.  ::)

They Call Me El Jefe, El Primo De Los Matadors,
The Master Of The Metaphor, A Chaw Chewin\' Troubadour

JM2

Pro Bowler

#11 : November 12, 2012, 01:35:54 PM

Barron makes mistakes but I'm ok with it. I think he will improve in coverage, it was his weakest characteristic coming in so it was well known.

And with the first pick in the 2014 NFL Draft, the Tampa Bay Buccaneers select Teddy Bridgewater, Quarterback, Louisville.

chace1986

Hall of Famer

#12 : November 12, 2012, 01:40:36 PM

Barron makes mistakes but I'm ok with it. I think he will improve in coverage, it was his weakest characteristic coming in so it was well known.

Completely agree. The only thing that worries me about Barron is that if he were given the choice to try and make a play on the ball or try and make the big hit, he might choose the latter.
: November 12, 2012, 01:44:54 PM chace1986

tatmanfish

Hall of Famer

#13 : November 12, 2012, 02:42:31 PM

this coming from a guy who thinks Biggers is decent? Yeah, that darn rookie S whos has a good mix of good and bad plays should be the target. Not the CBs like Biggers and Lewis who give up nearly every single throw in their direction.

Oh yeah, how did Biggers do this last game? Oh, he was owned yet again and got burned terribly on a slant for a TD. That sounds decent.

Quote from: Illuminator
You were simply too smart for me.

chace1986

Hall of Famer

#14 : November 12, 2012, 02:51:47 PM

this coming from a guy who thinks Biggers is decent? Yeah, that darn rookie S whos has a good mix of good and bad plays should be the target. Not the CBs like Biggers and Lewis who give up nearly every single throw in their direction.

Oh yeah, how did Biggers do this last game? Oh, he was owned yet again and got burned terribly on a slant for a TD. That sounds decent.

I said Biggers had a decent game last week. I also said the he isn't in anyway a long term answer and should not be resigned because of his limitations...but ignore that, tat. Yea, Biggers looked bad on the slant. No argument there.

I have hope for Barron, I don't have much hope for Biggers. We know what Biggers is.

Carry on.

Page: 1 2
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: First Rematch « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools