Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Record questions « previous next »
Page: 1

1sparkybuc

Hall of Famer
: November 12, 2012, 09:32:00 AM

Drew Brees extends his record of consecutive games with a TD pass each week. Josh Freeman has set a franchise record of five consecutive games with two or more TD passes (twelve games with at least one TD which I assume is not a team record). What is the league record for multiple TD passes and what is the franchise record for single TD passes?

I suspect Freeman will own every Buccaneer QB record long before he's done. I have to laugh at the people who say they would rather have Brad Johnson at QB.

BUCPOWER.COM

Second String

#1 : November 12, 2012, 11:08:50 AM

All of the Buccaneer franchise records to the start of the 2012 season can be found here

http://www.bucpower.com/stat-front2.html

I have plans for making this is a sortable database from the end of the current season.

BUCPOWER.COM

Second String

#2 : November 12, 2012, 11:24:25 AM

On consecutive games with passing touchdowns, Doug Williams had an eight-game streak in 1979 and another eight-game streak across 1980/81.  Steve DeBerg then upped the record to nine in 1984.     Vinny Testaverde had a eight-game streak in 1990 which included a game he did not play in Week 8 against San Diego.

Brad Johnson opened 2003 with an 11-game streak and did have scores in the three playoff games at the end of the previous season.    Brian Griese then tied this mark during 2005.

But Josh Freeman has now broken the record at 12 games with all nine this season and the last three from the end of 2011.

In terms of multiple TD games consecutively, Steve Spurrier set the bar with two in 1976 (Miami and KC), Steve DeBerg took it to three in 1985 (Chicago, LA and MiamI), Vinny matched it in 1989 (Washington, Cincinnati and Cleveland).  Trent Dilfer had three in Weeks 3-5 of 1997, and then set the record at five the following season (Games 9-13).   Brad Johnson also had a five game streak during the 2002 season (Games 9-13).  So Josh Freeman has only tied the record, not set it.

1sparkybuc

Hall of Famer
#3 : November 12, 2012, 11:56:38 AM

On consecutive games with passing touchdowns, Doug Williams had an eight-game streak in 1979 and another eight-game streak across 1980/81.  Steve DeBerg then upped the record to nine in 1984.     Vinny Testaverde had a eight-game streak in 1990 which included a game he did not play in Week 8 against San Diego.

Brad Johnson opened 2003 with an 11-game streak and did have scores in the three playoff games at the end of the previous season.    Brian Griese then tied this mark during 2005.

But Josh Freeman has now broken the record at 12 games with all nine this season and the last three from the end of 2011.

In terms of multiple TD games consecutively, Steve Spurrier set the bar with two in 1976 (Miami and KC), Steve DeBerg took it to three in 1985 (Chicago, LA and MiamI), Vinny matched it in 1989 (Washington, Cincinnati and Cleveland).  Trent Dilfer had three in Weeks 3-5 of 1997, and then set the record at five the following season (Games 9-13).   Brad Johnson also had a five game streak during the 2002 season (Games 9-13).  So Josh Freeman has only tied the record, not set it.

Thank you very much. Hopefully next week he'll set a new standard. Maybe in another year or two the consensus will be that he is the best QB we've ever had.

TBTrojan

Hall of Famer
#4 : November 12, 2012, 11:57:56 AM

Josh already broke the single TD streak during the 2010-2011 seasons with 15 straight games, meaning the current streak of 12 hasn't broken any records (yet).
He started after the week 4 bye in 2010 and lasted until the Falcons held him without a TD in week 3 of 2011.

BUCPOWER.COM

Second String

#5 : November 12, 2012, 12:13:21 PM

Yep - we just spotted that one with the Bucs' PR team.  We had a zero in one of the games for passing TDs so the file didn't pick it up at first.  It is 15 from 2010 to 2011.       

Now to check the interception record which could well reside in the locker of a former Buc who wore 14 and couldn't tell white from orange!

TBTrojan

Hall of Famer
#6 : November 12, 2012, 12:39:18 PM

Brad Johnson won a super bowl, what has freeman done besides take advantage of bad passing defenses?
You swap the 2002 Bucs D with the 2010 D and try to make a point over who won what.
I won't say Brad was along for the ride during the good times (that is reserved for guys like Shaun King) but he didn't win us that Super Bowl, he just did what we needed which was not lose us a Super Bowl.

1sparkybuc

Hall of Famer
#7 : November 12, 2012, 12:57:38 PM

Brad Johnson won a super bowl, what has freeman done besides take advantage of bad passing defenses?
You swap the 2002 Bucs D with the 2010 D and try to make a point over who won what.
I won't say Brad was along for the ride during the good times (that is reserved for guys like Shaun King) but he didn't win us that Super Bowl, he just did what we needed which was not lose us a Super Bowl.

Swap this D for the 2002 D and I'd say book your travel plans now for the SB.

BucBalla85

Hall of Famer

#8 : November 12, 2012, 12:59:38 PM

Swap this D for the 2002 D and I'd say book your travel plans now for the SB.

Yea Id say so. This offense is better than the 2002 one. There is no question about that here.
Page: 1
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Record questions « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools