Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Raiders safety drew a $15,750 fine for unnecessary roughness against the Bucs « previous next »
Page: 1

michael89156

Hall of Famer

: November 10, 2012, 01:02:06 AM

Fines roundup: Michael Vick of Eagles docked for low block

NFL.com
Published: Nov. 9, Nov. 9, 2012 at 08:02 p.m.

The hits just keep on coming for Michael Vick. The Philadelphia Eagles quarterback was fined $7,875 on Friday for an illegal low block against the New Orleans Saints.

The infraction came after Vick threw an in interception in the red zone that was returned for a touchdown late in the first quarter.

Seemingly nothing went right for Vick and the Eagles on that play.

Other fines confirmed Friday:

The NFL came down hard upon the Pittsburgh Steelers and wide receiver Emmanuel Sanders for what the league deemed was a fake injury. The team was fined $35,000 while Sanders was hit for $15,000. Safety Will Allen was also fined $7,875 for a late hit against New York Giants wide receiver Victor Cruz that wasn't flagged.

An unlikely duo of Tennessee Titans were fined for horse-collar tackles against the Chicago Bears. Quarterback Matt Hasselbeck found himself fined $15,750 and safety Michael Griffin was docked $20,000 for his tackle on Matt Forte. Hasselbeck is appealing his offense, which occured after the Bears forced a fumble recovery.

A pair of Carolina Panthers were fined in their contest against the Washington Redskins. Safety Haruki Nakamara was docked $21,000 for striking a defenseless player in the head and neck area. Defensive end Greg Hardy was fined $15,750 for roughing the passer, rookie quarterback Robert Griffin III.

Oakland Raiders safety Tyvon Branch joined in the horse-collar-tackle party, and drew a $15,750 fine for unnecessary roughness against the Tampa Bay Buccaneers.

The Green Bay Packers blew out the Arizona Cardinals, but it wasn't the cleanest game played. Packers safety Ryan Taylor was fined $21,000 for an illegal blindside block. Cardinals linebacker Quentin Groves was docked $15,750 for a horse-collar tackle in the contest.

Baltimore Ravens linebacker Dannell Ellerbe was fined $10,000 for his hit on Cleveland Browns linebacker Trent Richardson during the Ravens' 25-15 win.

Indianapolis Colts cornerback Cassius Vaughn was fined $7,875 for a late hit on Miami Dolphins running back Reggie Bush following a touchdown on Sunday.

Tampa-Two

Hall of Famer

#1 : November 10, 2012, 05:16:15 AM

Holy **CENSORED**! Almost 16 000 dollars for a horse-collar-tackle?! Thats crazy.

bamabucs

Starter

#2 : November 10, 2012, 06:58:21 AM

That is indeed crazy. It wasn't even a typical horsecollar tackle. Somewhat distorted.

JavaRay

User is banned from postingMuted
Hall of Famer

#3 : November 10, 2012, 08:06:02 AM

Ridiculous.   Not only should that not have been a fine, that shouldn't have been a penalty.

cryptfiend

Starter

#4 : November 10, 2012, 08:50:41 AM

I don't know what you are watching java, but in a league where Barron's hit was roughing a QB and some of the other calls we have seen in the interest of safety have taken place this year...that is most definitely a horse collar tackle.

I will agree with you though...I'm not quite sure that that should have been a fine...I think the violent yank down was more from pulling on his arm than from his collar.

JavaRay

User is banned from postingMuted
Hall of Famer

#5 : November 10, 2012, 06:23:17 PM

Barron wouldn't have been fined for his hit on RG3 if he hadn't thrown himself on RG3 at the end of the play.   He already tackled the guy, there was no reason to do a wrestling smack down type of move at the end.

Bucfest

Rookie

#6 : November 10, 2012, 08:46:41 PM

Barron wouldn't have been fined for his hit on RG3 if he hadn't thrown himself on RG3 at the end of the play.   He already tackled the guy, there was no reason to do a wrestling smack down type of move at the end.

Nothing wrong with that tackle.

Bookert1905

Starter
#7 : November 10, 2012, 08:49:23 PM

I have to ask Java, does it ever get old? I mean you are an older gentlemen who acts like a child on the internet, so does it ever get old?

Benchwarmer#1

Hall of Famer

#8 : November 10, 2012, 11:00:03 PM

I have to ask Java, does it ever get old? I mean you are an older gentlemen who acts like a child on the internet, so does it ever get old?

Obviously not. His life has got to suck to act the way he does.

Naismith was right about Revis. Everyone else is a dummy.

QaZ

Hall of Famer

#9 : November 11, 2012, 10:12:58 AM

Ridiculous.   Not only should that not have been a fine, that shouldn't have been a penalty.

A horse collar tackle by definition is grabbing inside the back of the shoulder pads. Shoulder pads are not implemented into football to give defenders a handel for tackling, way too easy and dangerous..
Silver spoon even explains this, you just need to listen.

cryptfiend

Starter

#10 : November 17, 2012, 06:26:55 PM

Sorry to bump an old thread that no one is interested in really...but I just looked up the rules for a horse-collar tackle.  In 2006 they changed the definition to not only include the inside back of the shoulder pads, but also the back of the shirt collar.  Especially by that definition, this was a horse-collar and the correct call.

GameTime

Hall of Famer
#11 : November 17, 2012, 07:41:28 PM

leonard johnson disagrees

\"Lets put the O back in Country\"
Page: 1
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Raiders safety drew a $15,750 fine for unnecessary roughness against the Bucs « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools