Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Pirate's Cove (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: just legalize it already « previous next »
Page: 1 ... 7 8 9 10 11 ... 14

GameTime

Hall of Famer
#120 : December 03, 2012, 06:56:45 AM

One person offered one benefit for the drug. Maybe I missed something else?
again, not sure what you are looking to find.  marijuana has provided relief to numerous patients, usually at a fraction of the cost and long term dependence.    ive heard many people say it alleviates anxiety as well.
Natural temporary remedy to a lot medical issues from anxiety to insomnia. Another way for people to relax. Some people really need that. Especially if they live very stressful lives, it's not a bad natural option to cool off.
marijuana is has minimal negative effects here are some things that are immediately treatable with marijuana

Medical marijuana has been found to relieve certain symptoms of adrenal disease, inflammatory bowel disease, spasticity neurological pain, migraines, multiple sclerosis, spinal cord injuries, arthritis, atherosclerosis, bipolar disorder, HIV-Associated Illness, depression, dystonia, epilepsy, digestive diseases, hepatitis C, Huntington's disease, leukemia, melanamo, (MRSA) ,Parkinson's disease,(PTSD), psoriasis, sickle-cell disease, sleep apnea, anorexia, Tourette syndrome, relieve pain, muscle spasms, headaches, glaucoma, anxiety, nausea, vomiting, depression, cramps, panic attacks, diarrhea,  improve sleep, relaxation, appetite, concentration or focus, and energy. Some people use it to prevent anger, involuntary movements, and seizures, while others used it as a substitute for other prescription medications and alcohol.

you dont think tripbloods post covers the benefits?

\"Lets put the O back in Country\"

tripblood

Hall of Famer

#121 : December 03, 2012, 12:51:08 PM

The reason it should be legalized has nothing to do with health

Thank Dr. Grand Wizard Java for his expertise on medicine.

Show No MRSA..

FIRE SCHIANO!!!!

Its so hard for me to sit back on this forum, lookin at a guy on here, holler in\' my name!  When last year i spent more on 5 electric bills from this side of the country to the other, than you made! You\'re talkin to the Rolex wearing, diamond earring wearing, kiss-stealin, WOOOO!, wheelin dealin\', CTS drivin, jet-flyin sonofagun.. And I\'m havin a hard time holding these alligators down! WOOOO!

JavaRay

User is banned from postingMuted
Hall of Famer

#122 : December 03, 2012, 03:51:19 PM

The reason it should be legalized has nothing to do with health

Thank Java.

You are welcome.

VinBucFan

Hall of Famer
#123 : December 03, 2012, 08:59:36 PM

Even a very experienced local attorney fails to provide any argument for the benefits of the drug (as opposed to legalization):

http://www.tampabay.com/news/perspective/time-has-come-to-legalize-marijuana/1263688

VinBucFan

Hall of Famer
#124 : December 03, 2012, 09:03:28 PM

again, not sure what you are looking to find.  marijuana has provided relief to numerous patients, usually at a fraction of the cost and long term dependence.    ive heard many people say it alleviates anxiety as well.
Natural temporary remedy to a lot medical issues from anxiety to insomnia. Another way for people to relax. Some people really need that. Especially if they live very stressful lives, it's not a bad natural option to cool off.
marijuana is has minimal negative effects here are some things that are immediately treatable with marijuana

Medical marijuana has been found to relieve certain symptoms of adrenal disease, inflammatory bowel disease, spasticity neurological pain, migraines, multiple sclerosis, spinal cord injuries, arthritis, atherosclerosis, bipolar disorder, HIV-Associated Illness, depression, dystonia, epilepsy, digestive diseases, hepatitis C, Huntington's disease, leukemia, melanamo, (MRSA) ,Parkinson's disease,(PTSD), psoriasis, sickle-cell disease, sleep apnea, anorexia, Tourette syndrome, relieve pain, muscle spasms, headaches, glaucoma, anxiety, nausea, vomiting, depression, cramps, panic attacks, diarrhea,  improve sleep, relaxation, appetite, concentration or focus, and energy. Some people use it to prevent anger, involuntary movements, and seizures, while others used it as a substitute for other prescription medications and alcohol.

Are the people who sai it has medical benefits for A) allowing a Dr. to prescribe marijuana or B) making marijuana available for purchase without a doctor, like beer as an example?  Which one?

Chief Joseph

Hall of Famer

#125 : December 04, 2012, 08:49:21 AM

Is that why they overturned prohibition, because bathtub gin has medical benefits?

Illuminator is a good poster. He sticks to his guns and makes good points. Some don\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\'t like that.

GameTime

Hall of Famer
#126 : December 04, 2012, 11:35:05 AM

Are the people who sai it has medical benefits for A) allowing a Dr. to prescribe marijuana or B) making marijuana available for purchase without a doctor, like beer as an example?  Which one?

thats over my head, i certainly havent researched it.  off the top of my head i would say B.  keep it in the hands of the people rather than big pharma.  also, i dont believe that we will ever get to the point where the majority of doctors would prescribe marijuana, but who knows.
: December 04, 2012, 11:36:52 AM GameTime

\"Lets put the O back in Country\"

VinBucFan

Hall of Famer
#127 : December 04, 2012, 11:55:57 AM

thats over my head, i certainly havent researched it.  off the top of my head i would say B.  keep it in the hands of the people rather than big pharma.  also, i dont believe that we will ever get to the point where the majority of doctors would prescribe marijuana, but who knows.

Thanks for responding. My thought would be that answer "B" is inconsistent with the argument that pot should be legalized for medical benefits. I know there are other arguments related to the benefits of legalization, but if one were trying to argue for legalization based on the benefits of the drug it seems A would suffice.  Anyway, no right or wrong answer clearly, just wondering why so many seem to support it.

VinBucFan

Hall of Famer
#128 : December 04, 2012, 11:58:50 AM

Is that why they overturned prohibition, because bathtub gin has medical benefits?

So if I give you credit for understanding the difference (i.e., alcohol WAS legal and in wide use in society and then made briefly illegal) doesnt that mean I have to just accept your post above as more typical Illum trolling? Are you smart enough to seee the obvious difference between prohibition and this debate? I would say so, but then that brings us to trolling, right?

Chief Joseph

Hall of Famer

#129 : December 04, 2012, 12:14:57 PM

Oh, you want to be honest and upfront now, do you? Well then, you could start by rephrasing that as "the difference between this prohibition and that prohibition." Marijuana has a much longer history of being legal than it does being illegal.

Illuminator is a good poster. He sticks to his guns and makes good points. Some don\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\'t like that.

tripblood

Hall of Famer

#130 : December 04, 2012, 01:30:54 PM

I cant argue with pure ignorance.

Im not going to berate you Vin, but do some legit research befor eyou make claims like that,,

It hits home for me. I have 3 relatives who have passed away from cancer that could have some relief by smoking, and using hash oil.. And still enjoy our company.. (you take oxy's or other prescription, you turn into a piece of furniture) I foreve greatful for what marijuan was able to do for my family and help them enjoy their last time on earth.

It has medical benefits.. Please dont be ignorant

Show No MRSA..

FIRE SCHIANO!!!!

Its so hard for me to sit back on this forum, lookin at a guy on here, holler in\' my name!  When last year i spent more on 5 electric bills from this side of the country to the other, than you made! You\'re talkin to the Rolex wearing, diamond earring wearing, kiss-stealin, WOOOO!, wheelin dealin\', CTS drivin, jet-flyin sonofagun.. And I\'m havin a hard time holding these alligators down! WOOOO!

Kelly Thomas

Hall of Famer
#131 : December 04, 2012, 06:57:53 PM

Does less government interference in our lives and personal liberty and freedoms play any role in this discussion.....

....or are we just going to pretend that this falsely framed premise of questionable health benefits by someone that has done zero research on the subject somehow has any relevance to the issue......

.......and why is it that  substances that are considered to be mind-expanding  outlawed by the powers that be......

: December 04, 2012, 07:01:13 PM Durango 95

dbucfan

Hall of Famer
#132 : December 04, 2012, 07:08:57 PM

So if I give you credit for understanding the difference (i.e., alcohol WAS legal and in wide use in society and then made briefly illegal) doesnt that mean I have to just accept your post above as more typical Illum trolling? Are you smart enough to seee the obvious difference between prohibition and this debate? I would say so, but then that brings us to trolling, right?
That might not be a valid measuring stick - hell, cocaine was used and found in a variety of products until 1914 when the US made it illegal...

\"A Great Coach has to have a Patient Wife, A Loyal Dog, and a Great Quarterback. . . . but not necessarily in that order\" ~ Coach Bud Grant

VinBucFan

Hall of Famer
#133 : December 04, 2012, 09:05:13 PM

Oh, you want to be honest and upfront now, do you? Well then, you could start by rephrasing that as "the difference between this prohibition and that prohibition." Marijuana has a much longer history of being legal than it does being illegal.

::)

: December 04, 2012, 09:09:21 PM VinBucFan

VinBucFan

Hall of Famer
#134 : December 04, 2012, 09:07:14 PM

That might not be a valid measuring stick - hell, cocaine was used and found in a variety of products until 1914 when the US made it illegal...

lol  -  "was used and found"   Right, not used as an illicit drug, which is what led to it becoming illegal, as opposed to being found, for example, in coca-cola.
: December 04, 2012, 09:13:10 PM VinBucFan

Page: 1 ... 7 8 9 10 11 ... 14
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Pirate's Cove (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: just legalize it already « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools