Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Pirate's Cove (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: just legalize it already « previous next »
Page: 1 ... 5 6 7 8 9 ... 14

Bayfisher

Hall of Famer

#90 : November 29, 2012, 01:48:31 AM

You get into an accident sober and hurt someone.  You had some legal mj in the car.  You had not smoked for 3 days.  The cops or other driver blame you for driving under the influence.  Does the test determine if you were actually high at the time.  If it doesn't how do you defend yourself? Obviously it is still in your system. 

Cyrus

Hall of Famer

#91 : November 29, 2012, 02:23:49 AM

You get into an accident sober and hurt someone.  You had some legal mj in the car.  You had not smoked for 3 days.  The cops or other driver blame you for driving under the influence.  Does the test determine if you were actually high at the time.  If it doesn't how do you defend yourself? Obviously it is still in your system.

It's not a question of, is it in your system? it's a question of impairment. 

I think you're under the impression that legalization would suddenly release drivers under the influence of weed on to the road. 

It would be just as illegal to be DUI after decriminalization as it is right now.

------------------

"A Colorado state forensic toxicologist testified recently that "5 nanograms is more than fair" to determine intoxication. But, for now the blood test proposals remain politically fraught, with supporters and opponents of marijuana legalization hinging support on the issue.

Huestis, of the government-funded drug abuse institute, says an easy-to-use roadside saliva test that can determine recent marijuana use -- as opposed to long-ago pot use -- is in final testing stages and will be ready for police use soon.

Researchers envision a day when marijuana tests are as common in police cars as Breathalyzers."

http://minnesota.publicradio.org/display/web/2012/03/18/stoned-driving/

CBWx2

Hall of Famer

#92 : November 29, 2012, 05:04:07 PM

If you put aside the alleged "medical" benefits, which only a few would need (if at all), what is the POSITIVE AFFIRMATIVE argument FOR legalizing pot?  Don't tell me it will do no harm (that's stupid) and don't tell me it will reduce crime (also stupid) what is the POSTIVE reason to add it to society as a legal drug? What independent benefit does it bring?

Give it your best shot. State the case for legal marijuana, other than the same recycled arguments I discussed above.

LOL, in otherwords, "give me the case for legalization except for all the the reasons that I have already concluded are untrue based on absolutely nothing but my own personal opinion."

Intellectual dishonesty: An argument which is misused to advance an agenda or to reinforce one's deeply held beliefs in the face of overwhelming evidence to the contrary.

CalcuttaRain

Hall of Famer
#93 : November 29, 2012, 05:08:31 PM

If you put aside the alleged "medical" benefits, which only a few would need (if at all), what is the POSITIVE AFFIRMATIVE argument FOR legalizing pot?  Don't tell me it will do no harm (that's stupid) and don't tell me it will reduce crime (also stupid) what is the POSTIVE reason to add it to society as a legal drug? What independent benefit does it bring?

Give it your best shot. State the case for legal marijuana, other than the same recycled arguments I discussed above.

LOL, in otherwords, "give me the case for legalization except for all the the reasons that I have already concluded are untrue based on absolutely nothing but my own personal opinion."

Intellectual dishonesty: An argument which is misused to advance an agenda or to reinforce one's deeply held beliefs in the face of overwhelming evidence to the contrary.

ROFLMAO!!!!!   So eager to take shots at me you make yourself look stupid.  Anyone who can read (and anyone who is not trying way too hard --) could see just by spending 15 secons READING that I was SPECIFICALLY NOT asking for the "the case for legalization".  What a dumb azz you are.  Try reading  . .  and try calming down . . .stupid.

Funny thing is you got all excited in your little chat with Durango . . .  ran over here and posted that stupidity!  Let me go thank Durango.   ;D

Show the bravest of the brave kids that you have their back.  Go to http://www.childrenscancercenter.org/

Just check out the site or maybe like them on Facebook . .  or Share the site on Facebook, re-tweet one of their tweets.  Not everyone can give money to support this great cause, but its easy to give 10 seconds of your time to help spread the word about The Children\\\\\\\'s Cancer Center

Cyrus

Hall of Famer

#94 : November 29, 2012, 05:11:11 PM

You are parsing words again, Vin.

CBWx2

Hall of Famer

#95 : November 29, 2012, 05:11:54 PM

ROFLMAO!!!!!   So eager to take shots at me you make yourself look stupid.  Anyone who can read (and anyone who is not trying way too hard --) could see just by spending 15 secons READING that I was SPECIFICALLY NOT asking for the "the case for legalization". 

LOL! What a freaking tool.

CalcuttaRain

Hall of Famer
#96 : November 29, 2012, 05:16:19 PM

ROFLMAO!!!!!   So eager to take shots at me you make yourself look stupid.  Anyone who can read (and anyone who is not trying way too hard --) could see just by spending 15 secons READING that I was SPECIFICALLY NOT asking for the "the case for legalization". 

I am not closed to it at all.  You said I glossed over a couple of strong reasons? Did anybody post a reason why the drug is so beneficial to society that it should be legalized? that was my question. Some people posted arguments why LEGALIZATION would be good, but my question was the drug.  The closest I saw was your guess that it might be a good alternative pain killer. Did I miss something?

You're right CBW . . . you are a TOOL.  (Thanks Durango -lol)

Show the bravest of the brave kids that you have their back.  Go to http://www.childrenscancercenter.org/

Just check out the site or maybe like them on Facebook . .  or Share the site on Facebook, re-tweet one of their tweets.  Not everyone can give money to support this great cause, but its easy to give 10 seconds of your time to help spread the word about The Children\\\\\\\'s Cancer Center

CalcuttaRain

Hall of Famer
#97 : November 29, 2012, 05:17:14 PM

Man, gotta love watching CBW step in it over and over and over again.  The absolute KING of posting without knowing what he is talking about!!!   ROFLMAO!!!

CBWx2

Hall of Famer

#98 : November 29, 2012, 05:17:51 PM

And it isn't even good parsing. Are we to believe that there is a difference between the case for legalizing marijuana and the case for legal marijuana?

CalcuttaRain

Hall of Famer
#99 : November 29, 2012, 05:19:06 PM

And it isn't even good parsing. Are we to believe that there is a difference between the case for legalizing marijuana and the case for legal marijuana?

CBW, watch this next post.

Cyrus

Hall of Famer

#100 : November 29, 2012, 05:21:59 PM

I think Vinnie and whatever that other posters name is .....Delusions of Johnson (?)  are actually one of the same.

CalcuttaRain

Hall of Famer
#101 : November 29, 2012, 05:29:01 PM

CBW, just to show you how DISHONEST you are, you came one here and did what you always do which is to post WITHOUT UNDERSTANDING WHAT YOU ARE TALKING ABOUT.  In this case, you though I was talking about the benfits of legalizing marijuana when my point was what benefit does the drug offer society. LMAO.  When I pointed out your error to you, your BLATANT DISHONESTY caused you to COMPOUND the problem.  You went and tried to save your AZZ by posting the quote above by me.  Your DISHONEST goal was to create the illusion you were right.  Dumb azz that you are, you must have thought I would not look at the actual quote that YOU EDITED to try and rescue your ass!!  See that sentence above of mine that you quoted. Well, you left out the rest, the part that made it clear just how big a mistake you made (lol).  here's the actual complete quote:

"If you put aside the alleged "medical" benefits, which only a few would need (if at all), what is the POSITIVE AFFIRMATIVE argument FOR legalizing pot?  Don't tell me it will do no harm (that's stupid) and don't tell me it will reduce crime (also stupid) what is the POSTIVE reason to add it to society as a legal drug? What independent benefit does it bring?"

Give it your best shot. State the case for legal marijuana, other than the same recycled arguments I discussed above."

ROFLMAO.  . ..you make it too easy CBW.  That's the problem with being dishonest. It comes back to haunt you. As anyone can clearly see WHEN THE POST IS NOT EDITED OUT OF CONTEXT BY YOU (roflmao) what I was asking  was "what independent beenfit does [marijuana] bring" not what is the benefit of legalization!!!!!!!!!!!!  Lol -  "what is the positive reason to add it to sociaety as a legal drug. what independent benefit does it bring"  hahaha, you INTENTIONALLY EDITED that out to perpetrate a FRAUD!!!!!!!!

Man, you are one sleazy, dishonest scumbag CBW

CalcuttaRain

Hall of Famer
#102 : November 29, 2012, 05:31:03 PM

I think Vinnie and whatever that other posters name is .....Delusions of Johnson (?)  are actually one of the same.

Durango, thanks for setting your boy CBW up. I appreciate the laughs. 

By the way, I know your thing is to troll but the story I told about a family member is true.  My cousin. 

CBWx2

Hall of Famer

#103 : November 29, 2012, 05:33:12 PM

Did anybody post a reason why the drug is so beneficial to society that it should be legalized? that was my question. Some people posted arguments why LEGALIZATION would be good, but my question was the drug. 

Again, what is the ever loving difference, you idiot? People who support the legalization of marijuana do so because of the benefits of legal marijuana. Marijuana, the drug. Those reasons being A) that it is a natural analgesic (painkiller) B) it is a natural antihistamine, C) it is a natural mood stabilizer, which is why it is currently a popular way of self medication for those suffering from bi-polar disorder and other mood altering disorders.

But those are all the reasons that you already stated that you don't want included in the "case for legal marijuana".

If you put aside the alleged "medical" benefits, which only a few would need (if at all), what is the POSITIVE AFFIRMATIVE argument FOR legalizing pot?

Always good to ask a question while simultaneously dismissing the obvious answer to sed question. Nothing intellectually dishonest about that, huh Vinny Peanuts?

BucBalla85

Hall of Famer

#104 : November 29, 2012, 05:37:59 PM

Your cousin didnt get screwed up (I dont know what happened to him) because of Marijuana. I like to think its his own fault. Marijuana doesnt have that big of an effect on you. If it does its mental. Im not saying your cousin is messed up mentally (although maybe he is) but he is responsible for where he is. Marijuana isnt a legit excuse for ones life ruined. Theres plenty more going on under the surface that needs to be addressed if thats the case. Marijuana doesnt make people lazy, people make themselves lazy.
Page: 1 ... 5 6 7 8 9 ... 14
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Pirate's Cove (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: just legalize it already « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools