Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Pirate's Cove (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: just legalize it already « previous next »
Page: 1 ... 10 11 12 13 14

tripblood

Hall of Famer

#165 : December 05, 2012, 02:15:04 PM

Why would I "move on, with my tail between my legs" if everything I said in the thread help support my argument for legalization? You came in the topic with inaccurate information and seemingly reading over or purposely ignoring the facts that are provided for you.

Im sorry your cousin is a loser, and cant handle smoking pot but he isn't a good example.

This guy...

Chief Joseph

User is banned from postingMuted
Hall of Famer

#166 : December 05, 2012, 02:43:49 PM

You idiots really need to spark up and chill.

Illuminator is a good poster. He sticks to his guns and makes good points. Some don\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\'t like that.

tripblood

Hall of Famer

#167 : December 05, 2012, 02:45:08 PM

Touche'

This guy...

Dolorous Jason

Hall of Famer

#168 : December 05, 2012, 04:45:03 PM

You are like Buggsy on steroids. Storm into a thread calling others stupid while postting something . .  well . . . dumb. I thought no one topped Buggsy when it came to that trick, but alas Buggsy has more than met his match.

You are wrong. Buggs is still the undisputed champ in that regard.

What is your point? I was wrong? Ok. You win. I was wrong.

Cyrus

Hall of Famer

#169 : December 05, 2012, 05:44:37 PM

Oh sure....and how do you think this intellectual repartee got started?

You must have forgotten, that's exactly the same thing Vinnie's unhealthy cousin said too.

Now look where he is...the butt of a joke on a message board and apparently left to rot in an insane asylum (allegedly).

CalcuttaRain

Hall of Famer
#170 : December 05, 2012, 05:54:12 PM

You are like Buggsy on steroids. Storm into a thread calling others stupid while postting something . .  well . . . dumb. I thought no one topped Buggsy when it came to that trick, but alas Buggsy has more than met his match.

You are wrong. Buggs is still the undisputed champ in that regard.

You're right I am sure

Show the bravest of the brave kids that you have their back.  Go to http://www.childrenscancercenter.org/

Just check out the site or maybe like them on Facebook . .  or Share the site on Facebook, re-tweet one of their tweets.  Not everyone can give money to support this great cause, but its easy to give 10 seconds of your time to help spread the word about The Children\\\\\\\'s Cancer Center

wreck ship

Hall of Famer

#171 : December 05, 2012, 08:50:57 PM

just thought I'd respond after two hours of looking at your post. Still got nothing...

philosophy is questions that may never be answered
religion is answers that may never be questioned

wreck ship

Hall of Famer

#172 : December 05, 2012, 09:22:03 PM

philosophy is questions that may never be answered
religion is answers that may never be questioned

John Galt?

Hall of Famer
#173 : December 06, 2012, 11:47:15 AM

If you put aside the alleged "medical" benefits, which only a few would need (if at all), what is the POSITIVE AFFIRMATIVE argument FOR legalizing pot?

If you put aside the alleged medical benefits of aspirin, what is the positive affirmative argument for legalizing it??

As CBW said, same with fried chicken and cars. Heck what is the positive affirmative argument for owning a gun??

Don't tell me it will do no harm (that's stupid) and don't tell me it will reduce crime (also stupid) what is the POSTIVE reason to add it to society as a legal drug? What independent benefit does it bring?

Give it your best shot. State the case for legal marijuana, other than the same recycled arguments I discussed above.

Because this is THE UNITED STATES OF AMERICA, a country founded on the ideas of liberty and freedom of choice. The county was founded and the Constitution written with the over lying principle that EVERYTHING should be legal UNLESS it is found to be harmful to others or the nation.

AMENDMENT IX

The enumeration in the Constitution, of certain rights, shall not be construed to deny or disparage others retained by the people.

AMENDMENT X

The powers not delegated to the United States by the Constitution, nor prohibited by it to the States, are reserved to the States respectively, or to the people.

It is well recognized that the purpose of any statute, law, or ordinance, Federal, state or local should fall into one of 3 categories:

1. to generate revenue or allocate spending

2. to protect individuals or the citizenry as a whole from physical or financial harm or loss.

3. to regulate commerce so as to encourage free, open and safe markets.

So does keeping MJ illegal generate revenue- NO
Does it protect individuals or the citizenry from physical or financial harm- NO
Does keeping it illegal encourage free, safe and open commerce?---HELL NO

So there is no reason to keep an ineffectual law on the books and in fact, it is our duty as Americans to force the repeal of ineffectual and onerous laws.

In the America our Founding Fathers envisioned, it is not necessary to justify why something should be legal, but the burden of justification is on those that wish something banned to prove why it should be banned.

Chief Joseph

Hall of Famer

#174 : December 06, 2012, 12:14:37 PM

**CENSORED**ing A.

Illuminator is a good poster. He sticks to his guns and makes good points. Some don\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\'t like that.

Cyrus

Hall of Famer

#175 : December 06, 2012, 01:33:04 PM

If you put aside the alleged "medical" benefits, which only a few would need (if at all), what is the POSITIVE AFFIRMATIVE argument FOR legalizing pot?

If you put aside the alleged medical benefits of aspirin, what is the positive affirmative argument for legalizing it??

As CBW said, same with fried chicken and cars. Heck what is the positive affirmative argument for owning a gun??

Don't tell me it will do no harm (that's stupid) and don't tell me it will reduce crime (also stupid) what is the POSTIVE reason to add it to society as a legal drug? What independent benefit does it bring?

Give it your best shot. State the case for legal marijuana, other than the same recycled arguments I discussed above.

Because this is THE UNITED STATES OF AMERICA, a country founded on the ideas of liberty and freedom of choice. The county was founded and the Constitution written with the over lying principle that EVERYTHING should be legal UNLESS it is found to be harmful to others or the nation.

AMENDMENT IX

The enumeration in the Constitution, of certain rights, shall not be construed to deny or disparage others retained by the people.

AMENDMENT X

The powers not delegated to the United States by the Constitution, nor prohibited by it to the States, are reserved to the States respectively, or to the people.

It is well recognized that the purpose of any statute, law, or ordinance, Federal, state or local should fall into one of 3 categories:

1. to generate revenue or allocate spending

2. to protect individuals or the citizenry as a whole from physical or financial harm or loss.

3. to regulate commerce so as to encourage free, open and safe markets.

So does keeping MJ illegal generate revenue- NO
Does it protect individuals or the citizenry from physical or financial harm- NO
Does keeping it illegal encourage free, safe and open commerce?---HELL NO

So there is no reason to keep an ineffectual law on the books and in fact, it is our duty as Americans to force the repeal of ineffectual and onerous laws.

In the America our Founding Fathers envisioned, it is not necessary to justify why something should be legal, but the burden of justification is on those that wish something banned to prove why it should be banned.

That's some good stuff. (so to speak)

I would take issue w/ one point.

I agree that the (needless) war on MJ is a massive failure on many levels and is costing the citizenry and tax payers billions of dollars.

But there also exists a massive infrastructure which does generate profit from prohibition.

To wit.

=Proponents of Cannabis Criminalization=
With proponents of cannabis criminalization you can usually see a pattern of monetary benefits through seemingly benign activities.

==Advocates of Cannabis Criminalization==

Private Prisons
Drug Enforcement Agencies
Alcohol and Tobacco Companies
Pharmaceutical Companies
Drug Dealers and Gangs
Politicians
War Profiteers
Drug test companies
==Benefactors for Cannabis Criminalization==

===Private prisons===
Private prisons make money from people being imprisoned. If there is a market for making money by imprisoning people, that market will need to be sustained somehow. Private prison corporations have been known to lobby the government for harsher penalties and mandatory minimum sentencing. This is to get more people in prison.

Cannabis use is more prolific that rape or murder so if it is criminalized as well, a private prison corporation can capitalize on those new offenders - who could be your 70 year old grandmother who makes special brownies to treat her arthritis.

More people imprisoned means more money

http://www.truthaboutcannabis.org/?page_id=198

Cyrus

Hall of Famer

#176 : December 06, 2012, 01:40:49 PM

I should add that what I posted above obviously does not benefit the average american but speaks to why and how difficult it is to overturn an  entrenched system and special interests that do benefit from the revenues of prohibition.

Chief Joseph

Hall of Famer

#177 : December 06, 2012, 01:53:16 PM

And are they generating taxable revenue, or is their revenue deducted from the taxpayer's dollar?

Rhetorical, obviously.

tripblood

Hall of Famer

#178 : December 07, 2012, 11:42:05 AM

Good post John Galt.

This guy...

dbucfan

Hall of Famer
#179 : December 08, 2012, 05:39:33 PM

you're right tripblood - JG?'s post is simply right

\"A Great Coach has to have a Patient Wife, A Loyal Dog, and a Great Quarterback. . . . but not necessarily in that order\" ~ Coach Bud Grant
Page: 1 ... 10 11 12 13 14
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Pirate's Cove (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: just legalize it already « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools