Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Ray Edwards released by Falcons « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3

Al Bundy

Pro Bowler

« : November 12, 2012, 09:43:53 PM »

NFL Retweet ‏@NFLRT

The Falcons released DE Ray Edwards. BOLD move.

bradentonian

Hall of Famer

« #1 : November 12, 2012, 09:46:31 PM »

He's not worth the big contract he signed, but he'd make great depth

The Anti-Java

Hall of Famer

« #2 : November 12, 2012, 09:50:58 PM »

Might be dinged up.  Or lost his mojo.

Updated Nov 12, 2012 9:30 PM ET

Ray Edwards hasn't tallied any sacks in 2012.

The Atlanta Falcons cut ties with veteran defensive end Ray Edwards on Monday, sources confirmed to FOXSports.com.

Edwards, who agreed to a five-year deal in 2011 with the Falcons, was a big commodity in free agency after posting 31.5 sacks with the Minnesota Vikings in five seasons. Edwards has been active in each of the Falcons games this season, but has been used sparingly.

The surprising news comes on the heels of the Falcons’ first loss of the season by way of the New Orleans Saints.

sig pic by chace1986

PewterReportMC....
\\\\\\\"Java, do you understand this a perfect example of why people beg me to suspend or ban you on a daily basis? Are you actually trying to make a point? Seriously what is the reason for even commenting. In fact why do you even bother coming to the boards? What happened to the intelligent poster from years ago?  A real shame. Like the Bucs yesterday, a wasted effort.\\\\\\\"

Biff Barker

Pro Bowler

« #3 : November 12, 2012, 09:53:18 PM »

He's not worth the big contract he signed, but he'd make great depth

I can think of at least two games where he can help us.    ;D

UMiamiBucFan

Starter

« #4 : November 12, 2012, 09:54:45 PM »

I knew he would bust as soon as he signed...but I had no idea that badly. Damn.

Ms Elam

Starter

« #5 : November 12, 2012, 10:04:32 PM »

The Atlanta Falcons cut ties with veteran defensive end Ray Edwards on Monday, sources confirmed to FOXSports.com.

Edwards, who agreed to a five-year deal in 2011 with the Falcons, was a big commodity in free agency after posting 31.5 sacks with the Minnesota Vikings in five seasons. Edwards has been active in each of the Falcons games this season, but has been used sparingly.

The surprising news comes on the heels of the Falcons’ first loss of the season by way of the New Orleans Saints.

He never had any mojo to begin with. The guy lined up next to Kevin and pat Williams (2 350 pounders) and Jared Allen, one of the most prolific sackers in football, yet he never managed a double digit sack season. With those guys next to him its safe to assume he never faced a double team. He should've been able to hustle his way into 10 sacks at least once. I don't even think he is average as far as starters go. Besides he's a weirdo. There pictures of him all over the internet in Whitey tightys with his nipples pierced!

GameTime

Hall of Famer
« #6 : November 12, 2012, 10:07:58 PM »

this is a gift from the heavens.  is the guy a hardworker?   does he play the run?  if he's willing to buy in he might be worth it.  definitely dont want to make him your star...but if he can play off mccoy, bennett and possibly a blitzer?  he might find his mojo rather quickly.

\"Lets put the O back in Country\"

chace1986

Hall of Famer

« #7 : November 12, 2012, 10:10:07 PM »

this is a gift from the heavens.  is the guy a hardworker?   does he play the run?  if he's willing to buy in he might be worth it.  definitely dont want to make him your star...but if he can play off mccoy, bennett and possibly a blitzer?  he might find his mojo rather quickly.

I'd be down. Would be nice to turn him loose on Matt Ryan in 2 games this year.

Hell, brees might not be as accurate as manziel.

Ms Elam

Starter

« #8 : November 12, 2012, 10:10:30 PM »

I knew he would bust as soon as he signed...but I had no idea that badly. Damn.
+1
I figured he would get like 5 to 8 sacks a year but never be that impact player they touted him to be. That final piece to the superbowl or the eventual replacement to Abraham

The Anti-Java

Hall of Famer

« #9 : November 12, 2012, 10:13:53 PM »

He never had any mojo to begin with. The guy lined up next to Kevin and pat Williams (2 350 pounders) and Jared Allen, one of the most prolific sackers in football, yet he never managed a double digit sack season. With those guys next to him its safe to assume he never faced a double team. He should've been able to hustle his way into 10 sacks at least once. I don't even think he is average as far as starters go. Besides he's a weirdo. There pictures of him all over the internet in Whitey tightys with his nipples pierced!

33 career sacks and he is only 27 now.

sig pic by chace1986

PewterReportMC....
\\\\\\\"Java, do you understand this a perfect example of why people beg me to suspend or ban you on a daily basis? Are you actually trying to make a point? Seriously what is the reason for even commenting. In fact why do you even bother coming to the boards? What happened to the intelligent poster from years ago?  A real shame. Like the Bucs yesterday, a wasted effort.\\\\\\\"

-ts

Hall of Famer
« #10 : November 12, 2012, 10:14:12 PM »

Wouldn't mind picking him up. Wouldn't claim that contract he signed however.

tbc_bucs

Hall of Famer
« #11 : November 12, 2012, 10:16:07 PM »

I'd pick Edwards up. We have the falcons soon, could be an advantage to us. Also, he's no slouch. He would immediately be the best backup on the line IMO

DeltaBuc5

Hall of Famer

« #12 : November 12, 2012, 10:32:26 PM »

Now that's what I call an early divorce.

Ms Elam

Starter

« #13 : November 12, 2012, 10:41:28 PM »

In hire many years 6,7? remember he spent his entire career next to pat and Kevin Williams, Jared Allen, and now John Abraham. The guy can't generate consistent pressure on the quarterback in one on one situations. Teo Neo' shim our whatever his name is can get 33 sacks in 6 years if you line him up next to those guys. He is an average player at best.

DeltaBuc5

Hall of Famer

« #14 : November 12, 2012, 10:46:08 PM »

In hire many years 6,7? remember he spent his entire career next to pat and Kevin Williams, Jared Allen, and now John Abraham. The guy can't generate consistent pressure on the quarterback in one on one situations. Teo Neo' shim our whatever his name is can get 33 sacks in 6 years if you line him up next to those guys. He is an average player at best.

Yo dawg, don't bash on my homeboy Teo Neo' shim.
  Page: 1 2 3
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Ray Edwards released by Falcons « previous next »
:  

Hide Tools Show Tools