Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Ray Edwards released by Falcons « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3

The Anti-Java

Hall of Famer

« #15 : November 12, 2012, 10:47:09 PM »

Might be dinged up.  Or lost his mojo.

Updated Nov 12, 2012 9:30 PM ET

Ray Edwards hasn't tallied any sacks in 2012.

The Atlanta Falcons cut ties with veteran defensive end Ray Edwards on Monday, sources confirmed to FOXSports.com.

Edwards, who agreed to a five-year deal in 2011 with the Falcons, was a big commodity in free agency after posting 31.5 sacks with the Minnesota Vikings in five seasons. Edwards has been active in each of the Falcons games this season, but has been used sparingly.

The surprising news comes on the heels of the Falcons’ first loss of the season by way of the New Orleans Saints.

He never had any mojo to begin with. The guy lined up next to Kevin and pat Williams (2 350 pounders) and Jared Allen, one of the most prolific sackers in football, yet he never managed a double digit sack season. With those guys next to him its safe to assume he never faced a double team. He should've been able to hustle his way into 10 sacks at least once. I don't even think he is average as far as starters go. Besides he's a weirdo. There pictures of him all over the internet in Whitey tightys with his nipples pierced!

33 career sacks and he is only 27 now.
In hire many years 6,7? remember he spent his entire career next to pat and Kevin Williams, Jared Allen, and now John Abraham. The guy can't generate consistent pressure on the quarterback in one on one situations. Teo Neo' shim our whatever his name is can get 33 sacks in 6 years if you line him up next to those guys. He is an average player at best.

Well I didn't say he was JJ Watts.   Let him clear waivers, sign him for the league minimum, and let him and Bowers spell each other.

sig pic by chace1986

PewterReportMC....
\\\\\\\"Java, do you understand this a perfect example of why people beg me to suspend or ban you on a daily basis? Are you actually trying to make a point? Seriously what is the reason for even commenting. In fact why do you even bother coming to the boards? What happened to the intelligent poster from years ago?  A real shame. Like the Bucs yesterday, a wasted effort.\\\\\\\"

chace1986

Hall of Famer

« #16 : November 12, 2012, 10:48:41 PM »

The Atlanta Falcons cut ties with veteran defensive end Ray Edwards on Monday, sources confirmed to FOXSports.com.

Edwards, who agreed to a five-year deal in 2011 with the Falcons, was a big commodity in free agency after posting 31.5 sacks with the Minnesota Vikings in five seasons. Edwards has been active in each of the Falcons games this season, but has been used sparingly.

The surprising news comes on the heels of the Falcons’ first loss of the season by way of the New Orleans Saints.

He never had any mojo to begin with. The guy lined up next to Kevin and pat Williams (2 350 pounders) and Jared Allen, one of the most prolific sackers in football, yet he never managed a double digit sack season. With those guys next to him its safe to assume he never faced a double team. He should've been able to hustle his way into 10 sacks at least once. I don't even think he is average as far as starters go. Besides he's a weirdo. There pictures of him all over the internet in Whitey tightys with his nipples pierced!

In hire many years 6,7? remember he spent his entire career next to pat and Kevin Williams, Jared Allen, and now John Abraham. The guy can't generate consistent pressure on the quarterback in one on one situations. Teo Neo' shim our whatever his name is can get 33 sacks in 6 years if you line him up next to those guys. He is an average player at best.

Sorry, doesn't make much sense. Playing next to all those good players pretty much guarantees that you only see one on ones. Obviously he was able to beat someone in one on ones 33 or so times. What you essentially are saying ^^^ is that because he played next to good players, that he came unblocked and that attributed to his success.

Is he overrated, sure, but he could also help us out on a rotational basis

Hell, brees might not be as accurate as manziel.

bucfan26

Pro Bowler
« #17 : November 12, 2012, 11:05:38 PM »

Once he clear waivers I'm sure some teams will be lining up for his services. Hopefully we take a flier considering our DL depth.

Ms Elam

Starter

« #18 : November 12, 2012, 11:07:31 PM »

Yo dawg, don't bash on my homeboy Teo Neo' shim.
Lol want trying to. I was just trying to say Ray Edwards is an over paid back up.

youngone

Hall of Famer
« #19 : November 12, 2012, 11:10:00 PM »

I hope we make a run at him

Bradspace

Pro Bowler

« #20 : November 12, 2012, 11:36:50 PM »

Yo dawg, don't bash on my homeboy Teo Neo' shim.

Teo has two more sacks than Edwards this season.

Just throwing that out there.

GMC 93

Hall of Famer

« #21 : November 12, 2012, 11:40:12 PM »

Get him on a plane here asap.

Formerly known as Revis Islander

CaptainStagger

Pro Bowler

« #22 : November 12, 2012, 11:40:15 PM »

It's worth a flier if he clears just for the Atlanta games.

Bucman

Hall of Famer
« #23 : November 12, 2012, 11:43:26 PM »

He doesn't go on waivers. He has enough vested years and its past the trade deadline.

FlyingScorpion

Starter
« #24 : November 13, 2012, 12:09:59 AM »

Teo! the guy is improving not leaps and bounds but consistently a little each game.

Freeman\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\"I love winning a lot more than I’m scared of losing\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\"

Benchwarmer#1

Hall of Famer

« #25 : November 13, 2012, 01:50:24 AM »

I wouldn't want him around. Tampa still has to pay Freeman, Blount (if they want or can), and a couple of other good players (brainfart).

Point is, I would rather they spend money on this guy, ONLY if its for one season, and Idk if they can rework his contract. (even IF it were only to get info from him on ATL)

I would MUCH rather pay the guys here that are showing they're worth it than this slightly overrated player.

bucs4eva

Pro Bowler

« #26 : November 13, 2012, 02:08:20 AM »

I actually think he would have Tampa high on his list if we're interested. The Falcons revenge factor would work in our favor IMO

Benchwarmer#1

Hall of Famer

« #27 : November 13, 2012, 02:11:42 AM »

I actually think he would have Tampa high on his list if we're interested. The Falcons revenge factor would work in our favor IMO

With two games coming up against the Failgoons, it should be considered at least. Tampa needs a leg up on these guys.

If he comes in like Nicks, saying he's "not gonna say anything about his previous team," then nevermind.

Ms Elam

Starter

« #28 : November 13, 2012, 06:13:12 AM »

Sorry, doesn't make much sense. Playing next to all those good players pretty much guarantees that you only see one on ones. Obviously he was able to beat someone in one on ones 33 or so times. What you essentially are saying ^^^ is that because he played next to good players, that he came unblocked and that attributed to his success.

Is he overrated, sure, but he could also help us out on a rotational basis
Sure that's part of what I'm saying. I'd say 15 of his sacks are a benefactor of playing next 2 the some of the best D lineman of this era. Its no different than Bart Scott looking like a stud with Terrell Suggs in front of him, Ray Lewis next to him, and Ed Reed behind him, but since joining the jets he's been average at best.

If you are saying he will come in and be a back up and take back up money then fine. But this guy left Minnesota because he didn't want"back up money". Words out of his own mouth. Add that in with the fact that Atlanta cut him when his playing time started to decrease and he became a rotational player. Sounds like a guy who wants more than he's worth, in terms of money and playing time. I can't say for certain he was **CENSORED**ing about playing time, but if he comes out and states publicly that he ain't finna make less than some back ups, I'm pretty sure he would voice his displeasure with being a back up. Again, if he is willing to come in and be a rotational player, and get paid like one then fine, I just think he has to much ego for that though.
« : November 13, 2012, 06:16:26 AM Ms Elam »

tripblood

Hall of Famer

« #29 : November 13, 2012, 08:10:23 AM »

Teo had a nice game on Sunday. That sack was at a crucial part of the game, and pretty much sealed it up..

That being said we still could use another DE.. Once he clears waivers we should try and pick him up.. Anthony Hargrove is possibility  as well..

Show No MRSA..

FIRE SCHIANO!!!!

Its so hard for me to sit back on this forum, lookin at a guy on here, holler in\' my name!  When last year i spent more on 5 electric bills from this side of the country to the other, than you made! You\'re talkin to the Rolex wearing, diamond earring wearing, kiss-stealin, WOOOO!, wheelin dealin\', CTS drivin, jet-flyin sonofagun.. And I\'m havin a hard time holding these alligators down! WOOOO!
  Page: 1 2 3
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Ray Edwards released by Falcons « previous next »
:  

Hide Tools Show Tools