Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: John Harbaugh doesnt respect the Game « previous next »
Page: 1 2

GameTime

Hall of Famer
: November 12, 2012, 10:04:07 PM

talk about breaking unwritten rules...fake FG up 24 late in the 3rd?  players dont want to play for a coach like that.

\"Lets put the O back in Country\"

tbc_bucs

Hall of Famer
#1 : November 12, 2012, 10:17:50 PM

Do some research before you post comments like that on a forum. The raiders were talking smack so Harbaugh taught them a lesson. His players seemed to LOVE it. And last time I checked he was a missed field goal away from the super bowl. This thread should be deleted.

What she said

chace1986

Hall of Famer

#2 : November 12, 2012, 10:18:27 PM

talk about breaking unwritten rules...fake FG up 24 late in the 3rd?  players dont want to play for a coach like that.

Let's poll the Ravens and see if they hate playing for Harbaugh. I bet it would be a unanimous...."Hell no".

Until preseason, you stay classy Red Board.

GameTime

Hall of Famer
#3 : November 12, 2012, 10:19:37 PM

nope, clearly a violation of unwritten rules.  ill find the link.  its right next to Quitting because the other team went Victory formation.

bucinsouthFL

Starter

#4 : November 12, 2012, 10:26:15 PM

I think gametime was pointing out the double standard that exist for rookie head coaches, especially ones straight from college like Schiano. If Belichick, Couglin or Tomlin pull what Schiano did against the Giants the media would love it.

GameTime

Hall of Famer
#5 : November 12, 2012, 10:29:27 PM

I think gametime was pointing out the double standard that exist for rookie head coaches, especially ones straight from college like Schiano. If Belichick, Couglin or Tomlin pull what Schiano did against the Giants the media would love it.

thanks.  if the Giants were talking smack, would attacking the V-formation have still been bush league?

DeltaBuc5

Hall of Famer

#6 : November 12, 2012, 10:30:53 PM

There is a double-standard for everything in this league.

If the Bucs were to win the superbowl today, the Cowboys would still get more media attention.

chace1986

Hall of Famer

#7 : November 12, 2012, 10:35:37 PM

That play happened in the middle of the 3rd qtr...

Much ado about nothing.

bucinsouthFL

Starter

#8 : November 12, 2012, 10:39:25 PM

yup. I love how the bucs win three in a row, Freeman is playing on fire, our offense is better than anyone expected yet when  it comes to media coverage this week of our game all we hear is

"Is norv turner on the hot seat?"

"Is Rivers still a franchise QB?"

"What's wrong with the Chargers?"

bucs449

Hall of Famer

#9 : November 12, 2012, 11:06:15 PM

I actually saw John Harbaugh speak at clinic. One of the most impressive guys I've ever seen speak and he clearly has an immense respect for the game. He talked about how wrong cheating is and how much he disliked the whole Spygate and Bountygate situations.

bradentonian

Hall of Famer

#10 : November 13, 2012, 12:14:58 AM

It wasn't just the media, it was players around the league

DeltaBuc5

Hall of Famer

#11 : November 13, 2012, 12:25:00 AM

Back on topic.

The concept of "unwritten rules" is pathetic.  Anyone who whines about these "unwritten rules" being broken is a sore loser.
: November 13, 2012, 12:26:41 AM BFT+C

Benchwarmer#1

Hall of Famer

#12 : November 13, 2012, 01:58:01 AM

Back on topic.

The concept of "unwritten rules" is pathetic.  Anyone who whines about these "unwritten rules" being broken is a sore loser.

The Giants are sore winners then? They beat the Bucs and still Coughlin whined.

I don't think violating "unwritten rules" is a bad thing, especially if it ticks them off "legally." But if you're going to play like that, expect the same to be done to you in those situations, and expect some crybaby like coughlin to mouth off at you.

Schiano is beating to his own drum and it's working. Good for him to care about HIS players over the oppositions hurt feelings.

Naismith was right about Revis. Everyone else is a dummy.

JavaRay

User is banned from postingMuted
Hall of Famer

#13 : November 13, 2012, 04:13:47 AM

If he had called an all out rush on a kneel down, I'd agree with you.   But what he did was fine.

chace1986

Hall of Famer

#14 : November 13, 2012, 07:18:20 AM

yup. I love how the bucs win three in a row, Freeman is playing on fire, our offense is better than anyone expected yet when  it comes to media coverage this week of our game all we hear is

"Is norv turner on the hot seat?"

"Is Rivers still a franchise QB?"

"What's wrong with the Chargers?"

Meh. The Bucs are actually starting to get some national attention and recognition. I don't expect much more than what they have been given, I mean, they are still just a game over .500. At first glance, people just see that and not the improvement that has been made to get to that point. If they keep winning, the praise will come. Frankly, I hope the praise stays away. I would love for this team to just fly under the radar.

Page: 1 2
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: John Harbaugh doesnt respect the Game « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools