Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Buccaneers winning, but fans lose as low attendance blacks out games « previous next »
Page: 1 ... 6 7 8 9

McBarron

Pro Bowler

#105 : November 16, 2012, 09:22:42 AM

I've sat in the 3rd deck corner in row AA (one row from the top).

I'd heavily debate even paying 10 bucks for that seat ever again. Horrible experience for any fan that high up.

Those should be much cheaper than even 30 bucks.

All seats in the mid to uppper 3rd deck need to be priced significantly lower. Why? Because watching the game in your garage on a 13 inch CRT TV is a thousand times better (viewing-wise) than sitting anywhere that high. It feels like you're watching it from a blimp.

So, basically, those tickets should be sold on the very cheap as the only thing being purchased is the ambience.

My $0.02.

GameTime

Hall of Famer
#106 : November 16, 2012, 10:55:30 AM

I'd heavily debate even paying 10 bucks for that seat ever again. Horrible experience for any fan that high up.

30 bucs seems pretty reasonable for even the top row.

\"Lets put the O back in Country\"

McBarron

Pro Bowler

#107 : November 16, 2012, 11:53:55 AM

30 bucs seems pretty reasonable for even the top row.

Not when you factor in the amt of tickets you'll buy(assume you wouldn't go alone), the $25.00 parking, the $7.00 beer(s)/soda(s), and not to mention the element of the extra traffic/people.

It's not worth it in the end. Much more enjoyable to watch from home than from row AA/BB.

These days ,in WARM weather locations, going to games in person are just not worth it for the cost. It's not that the product is any less desirable, but it just takes too much of a toll for someone to get up early on a Sunday, battle through stadium traffic, pay 25 bucks to park, battle through people to get in the stadium, then walk up what seems like 200 rows to get to your AA/BB seat. Then this process is repeated after the game ends.

MUCH easier and much better (experience-wise, cost-wise) to watch from home.

Times are changing, people.

Benchwarmer#1

Hall of Famer

#108 : November 16, 2012, 01:10:31 PM

Exactly why I don't buy season tickets. Sometimes I work very hard and don't feel like going, I don't want it to be something I have to do, rather than something I want to do.

Going by myself is not as fun. And the cost of two people in the bottom deck, being paid by one person, is nearly a weeks paycheck if including gas, aminities outside of rjs, and parking. Now, I do go to two home games a season, but I make damn sure financially I can go, and make sure it's under the conditions I want.

My wife bought me a ticket to the pats vs bucs preseason game up there as a secret gift. I got up there and came back down shortly after. Can't see much, and half the time I couldn't tell who even had the ball. I stayed by the ship the remainder of the game. If the seats aren't good, they aren't good. That's all there is to it, and those are bad seats.

Point is, I'd rather spend 500 plus on one or two games, than the whole season in the 30$ section.
: November 16, 2012, 01:24:13 PM Benchwarmer#1

GameTime

Hall of Famer
#109 : November 16, 2012, 01:11:12 PM

Not when you factor in the amt of tickets you'll buy(assume you wouldn't go alone), the $25.00 parking, the $7.00 beer(s)/soda(s), and not to mention the element of the extra traffic/people.

It's not worth it in the end. Much more enjoyable to watch from home than from row AA/BB.

These days ,in WARM weather locations, going to games in person are just not worth it for the cost. It's not that the product is any less desirable, but it just takes too much of a toll for someone to get up early on a Sunday, battle through stadium traffic, pay 25 bucks to park, battle through people to get in the stadium, then walk up what seems like 200 rows to get to your AA/BB seat. Then this process is repeated after the game ends.

MUCH easier and much better (experience-wise, cost-wise) to watch from home.

Times are changing, people.

what does WARM weather locations have to do with watching from home?  2 completely separate arguments imo.  if you are a guy that would rather get drunk than be at a game, sure, watch from home.  if you are a guy that doesnt like to walk 10-15 minutes sure, watch from home.  if you are a person that doesnt like crowds, sure, watch from home.    if youre not someone who likes to wake up, sure, sleep in.

i do believe times have changed.  people expect more for less.

Hate

Hall of Famer
#110 : November 16, 2012, 01:34:09 PM

yes, usually every attendance thread mentions dungy, gruden, raheem, the glazers,along with free agent signings (or lack of signings), the economy, unemployment rates, the housing crisis, the transplants, the snowbirds, the casual non-diehard fans......and then there's the heat when baking in the stands, the HDTV experience, etc etc etc

don't forget..... the heat causing your makeup to run or the fat guy spilling over into your seat.

-------------------------------------------------------

Morgan

User is banned from postingMuted
Hall of Famer
#111 : November 16, 2012, 03:18:18 PM

ADVERTISE THE PRODUCT!!!!!
I don't watch much tv, but when I do its ESPN.
As usual, Bucs get very little coverage. If the organization
Could pony up some tv ads involving Players
representing local businesses or even  a commercial
here or there talking about up and coming games
and the tix that are available.
 I live in pinellas co. and if I want to see or read anything
about the Bucs whatsoever, I come to PewterReport. Its
pretty cool but not everyone has internet either. Just
sayin, if ppl see something alot, they want it.

I agree wholeheartedly.....Glazers aren't spending much on advertisements. Got a ton of bill boards along I4. Use them. Use TV commercials on ESPN during football games or NFL network during games - use your best football players (Martin) to carry the torch for the team. Spot on post Behemoth.

Morgan

Hall of Famer
#112 : November 16, 2012, 03:20:37 PM

All seats in the mid to uppper 3rd deck need to be priced significantly lower. Why? Because watching the game in your garage on a 13 inch CRT TV is a thousand times better (viewing-wise) than sitting anywhere that high. It feels like you're watching it from a blimp.

So, basically, those tickets should be sold on the very cheap as the only thing being purchased is the ambience.

My $0.02.

And those crappy seats are the ones everyone refers to when patting the Glazers on the back. But no one really wants those crappy seats.  The price of those brings down the avg price per ticket for the entire stadium almost artificially.

Morgan

Hall of Famer
#113 : November 16, 2012, 03:23:06 PM

Exactly why I don't buy season tickets. Sometimes I work very hard and don't feel like going, I don't want it to be something I have to do, rather than something I want to do.

Going by myself is not as fun. And the cost of two people in the bottom deck, being paid by one person, is nearly a weeks paycheck if including gas, aminities outside of rjs, and parking.

Makes sense.
I think your POV is echoed by hundreds of thousands of people in the area who aren't going to games.

Biggs3535

Hall of Famer
#114 : November 16, 2012, 03:29:12 PM

ADVERTISE THE PRODUCT!!!!!
I don't watch much tv, but when I do its ESPN.
As usual, Bucs get very little coverage. If the organization
Could pony up some tv ads involving Players
representing local businesses or even  a commercial
here or there talking about up and coming games
and the tix that are available.
 I live in pinellas co. and if I want to see or read anything
about the Bucs whatsoever, I come to PewterReport. Its
pretty cool but not everyone has internet either. Just
sayin, if ppl see something alot, they want it.

I agree wholeheartedly.....Glazers aren't spending much on advertisements.

Link?

How much do the owners spend in advertising compared to the rest of the league?

GameTime

Hall of Famer
#115 : November 16, 2012, 03:29:41 PM

Glazers aren't spending much on advertisements. Got a ton of bill boards along I4. Use them. Use TV commercials on ESPN during football games or NFL network during games - use your best football players (Martin) to carry the torch for the team. Spot on post Behemoth.

spend more on advertisements, charge less for tickets and continue to max out on FA deals...is that the plan?

GameTime

Hall of Famer
#116 : November 16, 2012, 03:31:25 PM

Going by myself is not as fun. And the cost of two people in the bottom deck, being paid by one person, is nearly a weeks paycheck if including gas, aminities outside of rjs, and parking.

Makes sense.
I think your POV is echoed by hundreds of thousands of people in the area who aren't going to games.

hundreds of thousands?  there are 8 games a year.  we arent talking about baseball tickets here. 

BEHEMOTH

Practice Squad

#117 : November 16, 2012, 04:02:14 PM

Pretty much saying if ppl don't see a product,
ppl don't really think about it. This team deserves
to be broadcast on the tube regardless of tix sales,
just from recent production as a team alone.
Blackouts really don't help Bucs merchandise market
either.

I WISH the media could force feed our Bucs to the bay area.
People need their fix LoL....seriously everyone loses out
: November 16, 2012, 04:14:50 PM BEHEMOTH

ABuccsFan

Pro Bowler

#118 : November 16, 2012, 04:14:49 PM

8. Kicking the likes of Brooks and Gruden to the curb hurt fans trust in the Glazers.

That's why Tampa as a fan base is horrible. The fans are ridiculous. Brooks was done. No other team offered him a job, and he ended up retiring. Gruden destroyed what Dungy built, and only now are we getting past the damage Gruden left behind in his tornadic wake.

\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\"For a brief, shining, moment in history, a select breed truly lived free.\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\".....Unknown Author.

GameTime

Hall of Famer
#119 : November 16, 2012, 04:22:27 PM

Pretty much saying if ppl don't see a product,
ppl don't really think about it.

the Bucs play 8 home games a year.  if area residents need to be bombarded with commercials to remember this then the fanbase is worse off than even i thought.

Page: 1 ... 6 7 8 9
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Buccaneers winning, but fans lose as low attendance blacks out games « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools