Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Buccaneers winning, but fans lose as low attendance blacks out games « previous next »
Page: 1 ... 5 6 7 8 9

Morgan

User is banned from postingMuted
Hall of Famer
#90 : November 15, 2012, 07:24:51 AM

So people are getting back jobs and earning income again - so the first thing they plan spending their money is on Buc tickets? You think they might have any other priorities. In fact, most likely they've learned their lesson and plan not to live from hand to mouth - and actually save a few bucks just in case they'll hurting again.

JDouble

Hall of Famer
#91 : November 15, 2012, 08:26:43 AM

I've lived in Tampa for two years now. My view is narrow of course as I am just one person, but for me and everyone I know...things have gotten much better over the past two years. Things are still not great, but much better.
Things are not even good.  Relativity is nice for those who think the economy is healing.  For those who recall prior recoveries - this is at stop.

Look man, from my perspective, my life, my circle....things are good. I am a carpenter. I have friends that do retail, tech, design, finance, teaching, and consulting. We are all doing good. When I got here just over two years ago, I was unemployed for 6 months and almost everyone I knew was struggling. Today it is just the opposite. Sorry if you are not experiencing what I am experiencing, but that doesn't make you right and me wrong. Things have improved in this area for many people.

Draft Aaron Donald

Morgan

Hall of Famer
#92 : November 15, 2012, 10:40:57 AM

these threads about attendance are so funny - they rehash the same things over and over - nothing new ever is posted- same old sh$t.

GameTime

Hall of Famer
#93 : November 15, 2012, 11:04:28 AM

So people are getting back jobs and earning income again - so the first thing they plan spending their money is on Buc tickets? You think they might have any other priorities. In fact, most likely they've learned their lesson and plan not to live from hand to mouth - and actually save a few bucks just in case they'll hurting again.

ahhh, utopia.

\"Lets put the O back in Country\"

GameTime

Hall of Famer
#94 : November 15, 2012, 11:05:17 AM

these threads about attendance are so funny - they rehash the same things over and over - nothing new ever is posted- same old sh$t.

why limit it to attendance?  everything comes back to the glazers being cheap and gruden vs dungy.

\"Lets put the O back in Country\"

Morgan

Hall of Famer
#95 : November 15, 2012, 11:24:51 AM

yes, usually every attendance thread mentions dungy, gruden, raheem, the glazers,along with free agent signings (or lack of signings), the economy, unemployment rates, the housing crisis, the transplants, the snowbirds, the casual non-diehard fans......and then there's the heat when baking in the stands, the HDTV experience, etc etc etc

olafberserker

Hall of Famer
#96 : November 15, 2012, 07:37:39 PM

::)

The Anti-Java

Hall of Famer

#97 : November 15, 2012, 07:38:23 PM

yes, usually every attendance thread mentions dungy, gruden, raheem, the glazers,along with free agent signings (or lack of signings), the economy, unemployment rates, the housing crisis, the transplants, the snowbirds, the casual non-diehard fans......and then there's the heat when baking in the stands, the HDTV experience, etc etc etc

They should slash ticket prices.  I would guess a full stadium of half price tickets is better than a half empty stadium.  I don't think its the caliber of the team.  This team is scoring like no tommorrow, and still the crowd is lacking.

sig pic by chace1986

PewterReportMC....
\\\\\\\"Java, do you understand this a perfect example of why people beg me to suspend or ban you on a daily basis? Are you actually trying to make a point? Seriously what is the reason for even commenting. In fact why do you even bother coming to the boards? What happened to the intelligent poster from years ago?  A real shame. Like the Bucs yesterday, a wasted effort.\\\\\\\"

Bucpride5

Pro Bowler
#98 : November 15, 2012, 07:43:24 PM

If this team is 6-4 and looks good on TV locally against Carolina, is next week a sellout? Be interesting to see...

Formerly known as T

I\'ll be optimistic until I see a reason not to be

Morgan

Hall of Famer
#99 : November 15, 2012, 07:44:19 PM

You'd think they'd find the price-point that would bring the greatest number of customers. That includes more than slashing the nose-bleed seats up in the clouds to $30. It includes slashing prices elsewhere in the stadium because there are people who refuse to sit up in those high altitude seats but are unwilling to pay $70-100 for the other seats.

The Anti-Java

Hall of Famer

#100 : November 15, 2012, 07:46:59 PM

If this team is 6-4 and looks good on TV locally against Carolina, is next week a sellout? Be interesting to see...

I have my doubts.  They already are ballin big time, been in every game this season.  That San Diego game, they didn't even reach 85% by gameday.  Glazers need to cut ticket prices is my opinion.

sig pic by chace1986

PewterReportMC....
\\\\\\\"Java, do you understand this a perfect example of why people beg me to suspend or ban you on a daily basis? Are you actually trying to make a point? Seriously what is the reason for even commenting. In fact why do you even bother coming to the boards? What happened to the intelligent poster from years ago?  A real shame. Like the Bucs yesterday, a wasted effort.\\\\\\\"

olafberserker

Hall of Famer
#101 : November 15, 2012, 08:14:49 PM

I have my doubts.  They already are ballin big time, been in every game this season.  That San Diego game, they didn't even reach 85% by gameday.  Glazers need to cut ticket prices is my opinion.

83%, pretty close.   I'd guess the season ticket base is drastically smaller than it was  5 or 6 years ago and that is the problem.   It's tough to sell out on walk ups.  Offering deals would help, but I don't think the Glazers care that much.  They're still making a killing.   Slashing prices too much could piss off the already fragile season ticket base.  Maybe the Glazers learned not to take them for granted.

The Anti-Java

Hall of Famer

#102 : November 15, 2012, 08:18:54 PM

83%, pretty close.   I'd guess the season ticket base is drastically smaller than it was  5 or 6 years ago and that is the problem.   It's tough to sell out on walk ups.  Offering deals would help, but I don't think the Glazers care that much.  They're still making a killing.   Slashing prices too much could piss off the already fragile season ticket base.  Maybe the Glazers learned not to take them for granted.

Ya but the 83% was on gameday, they need 85% much earlier, what is it?  Thursday  IIRC ?

Agree on the point about them not caring.

They seem more concerned about upgrading for future Super Bowls, then selling out every home game.

sig pic by chace1986

PewterReportMC....

olafberserker

Hall of Famer
#103 : November 15, 2012, 08:34:57 PM

They need 85% of non club seating.  I'd like to know how close to that we were by Thursday.   We were 83% of total attendance by game day.

BEHEMOTH

Practice Squad

#104 : November 16, 2012, 09:12:59 AM

ADVERTISE THE PRODUCT!!!!!
I don't watch much tv, but when I do its ESPN.
As usual, Bucs get very little coverage. If the organization
Could pony up some tv ads involving Players
representing local businesses or even  a commercial
here or there talking about up and coming games
and the tix that are available.
 I live in pinellas co. and if I want to see or read anything
about the Bucs whatsoever, I come to PewterReport. Its
pretty cool but not everyone has internet either. Just
sayin, if ppl see something alot, they want it.
Page: 1 ... 5 6 7 8 9
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Buccaneers winning, but fans lose as low attendance blacks out games « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools