Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Buccaneers winning, but fans lose as low attendance blacks out games « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 ... 9

michael89156

Hall of Famer

: November 13, 2012, 12:46:42 AM

Buccaneers winning, but fans lose as low attendance blacks out games

Posted: 11/12/2012
 57 minutes ago

By: Laura Harris

TAMPA -

The Tampa Bay Buccaneers are once again on the winning side of the football after Sunday's 34-24 win over the San Diego Chargers.

But many Tampa Bay football fans who woke up Monday morning may not have even known they won, because once again, the game was blacked out.

The Buccaneers have only had one home game televised locally (the game against the saints) this season.

They had only two sellouts in their last two seasons.

You need 85 percent of regular seats sold to have the game televised -- but those tickets must be sold by Thursday before the game, exactly 72 hours before the game starts.

By game time yesterday, they had sold a little more than 83 percent. Its disheartening to many fans who would really like to catch the gridiron contests on the tube, considering the Buccaneers are now over the .500 hump with the win against Philip Rivers and the chargers yesterday.

But maybe -- just maybe the three straight wins will bring fans back to Raymond James.

Bottom line, it doesn't seem like coach Greg Schiano is worried about ticket sales at all--- hes just trying to keep stacking wins.

"I think as we go, we go one game at a time.  So were going to enjoy this for a few hours and then we are onto Carolina and that is the only thing thats on our mind and I know one thing, if you can take care of one game at a time, you look up at the end and maybe you got something cooking, so thats where we are."

So the Buccaneers head to Carolina next week for an NFC south showdown with The Panthers, and then its back to Raymond James to host the Atlanta Falcons the following weekend, also a divisional game.

Maybe a win against the panthers will re-energize fans and make blackouts a thing of the past, only time will only tell.

Read more: http://www.abcactionnews.com/dpp/sports/football/buccaneers/buccaneers-winning-but-local-fans-blacked-out-from-games#ixzz2C4wEXA00

ufojoe

Hall of Famer

#1 : November 13, 2012, 01:00:10 AM

So the Buccaneers head to Carolina next week for an NFC south showdown with The Panthers, and then its back to Raymond James to host the Atlanta Falcons the following weekend, also a divisional game.

Maybe a win against the panthers will re-energize fans and make blackouts a thing of the past, only time will only tell.

Last time we had a late season game against the Falcons with playoff implications was in 2010. And it was blacked out. Let's see if it's different this time.

Benchwarmer#1

Hall of Famer

#2 : November 13, 2012, 01:43:19 AM

I still think the economy has a lot to do with it.

Many of my Buc fan friends claim they would go, especially now, but can't spare the funds.

Naismith was right about Revis. Everyone else is a dummy.

Morgan

User is banned from postingMuted
Hall of Famer
#3 : November 13, 2012, 01:51:35 AM

Article was weak. Not much insight on reasons why seats might be open.

Benchwarmer#1

Hall of Famer

#4 : November 13, 2012, 02:08:17 AM

Article was weak. Not much insight on reasons why seats might be open.

I'll give you reasons if you want...

1. Fan apathy. Lose enough and see what happens?
2. Have you been in those 30$ seats somewhere in the clouds?
3. Many other venues in Tampa (that are cheaper)
4. TV or PC watching is easier.
5. Economy. Tampa was hit hard. Some idiot just the other day posted the bucs as a team in a prettier "Detroit."
6. From what I hear, a lot of businesses stopped giving Bucs tickets as rewards.
7. Self-perpetuating blackouts do nothing to show off the better team Tampa has this season.
8. Kicking the likes of Brooks and Gruden to the curb hurt fans trust in the Glazers.
9. Many fans hate the owners so much, they protest going to the games. it isn't as bad now, but it was evolving to something worse during the Rah-years.
10. 7 dollar beers.

Not all of them are that legit, but there, I posted something for people to gnaw on.

DeltaBuc5

Hall of Famer

#5 : November 13, 2012, 02:20:19 AM

Time to beat the dead horse for the 15th **CENSORED**ing million time.
: November 13, 2012, 02:32:19 AM BFT+C

Morgan

Hall of Famer
#6 : November 13, 2012, 02:24:07 AM

Don't need excuses.  Michael needs to filter himself a little - why post worthless articles lacking substance?

DanTurksGhost

Hall of Famer

#7 : November 13, 2012, 02:43:19 AM

Fans aren't showing up at the stadium in protest that the Bucs failed to hire Mike Mularkey as the new HC.

GameTime

Hall of Famer
#8 : November 13, 2012, 03:32:02 AM

Don't need excuses.  Michael needs to filter himself a little - why post worthless articles lacking substance?

of course though, why take the time to post in such a thread?

\"Lets put the O back in Country\"

GameTime

Hall of Famer
#9 : November 13, 2012, 03:40:19 AM

5. Economy. Tampa was hit hard. Some idiot just the other day posted the bucs as a team in a prettier "Detroit."
6. From what I hear, a lot of businesses stopped giving Bucs tickets as rewards.
7. Self-perpetuating blackouts do nothing to show off the better team Tampa has this season.
8. Kicking the likes of Brooks and Gruden to the curb hurt fans trust in the Glazers.
9. Many fans hate the owners so much, they protest going to the games. it isn't as bad now, but it was evolving to something worse during the Rah-years.
10. 7 dollar beers.

Not all of them are that legit, but there, I posted something for people to gnaw on.

1.  definition of fairweather.
2.  do you not believe this seats exist?
3.   if a fan goes to a bar/restaurant they could just as easily end up with a similar tab.
4.   PC watching sucks, no way around that.
5.  i guess.
6.  free handouts rather than Bucs fans?
7.  if someone in the Tampa area doesnt realize the Bucs are playing good ball they are in the category below fairweather.
8.  who buys tickets because of owner trust?
9.  again, thats an excuse out imo.  or just a problem for some people that want/need to hate something.
10.  football can be fun without beer.  how much were beers when they really enjoyed going to games?  and did they remember any games?  and have they ever had a floppyflask?

\"Lets put the O back in Country\"

JavaRay

Hall of Famer

#10 : November 13, 2012, 04:12:23 AM

Fans aren't showing up at the stadium in protest that the Bucs failed to hire Mike Mularkey as the new HC.

I doubt that's it.    That bomb of firing a great coach like Gruden and hiring a buffoon like Raheem is still in the fan's minds.    It will take about 10 winning seasons to forget that.

Benchwarmer#1

Hall of Famer

#11 : November 13, 2012, 04:47:34 AM

10. 7 dollar beers.

1.  definition of fairweather.
2.  do you not believe this seats exist?
3.   if a fan goes to a bar/restaurant they could just as easily end up with a similar tab.
4.   PC watching sucks, no way around that.
5.  i guess.
6.  free handouts rather than Bucs fans?
7.  if someone in the Tampa area doesnt realize the Bucs are playing good ball they are in the category below fairweather.
8.  who buys tickets because of owner trust?
9.  again, thats an excuse out imo.  or just a problem for some people that want/need to hate something.
10.  football can be fun without beer.  how much were beers when they really enjoyed going to games?  and did they remember any games?  and have they ever had a floppyflask?

1.Doesn't matter. Fairweather fans help fill the stadium. A welcome addition.
2. Nope. I had no clue. Seriously, better bring something with a zoom or stay home.
3. What bar do you go to? Are you sure you're not in RJS drinking those gold filled cups? (You have to include parking and gas w/ticket you know)
4. PC watching does suck. But for the poor guy who pays taxes on RJS, but can't watch it on TV.. a blessing.
5. Main reason. Most can agree.
6.Who cares? Handouts are a wonderful way of showing appriciation. Maybe give 'em to a friend that is a bucs fan? Again, filling stands no matter what...
7. Agreed, but the radio and bad PC links cloud judgment. Inconsistant.
8. Season tickets aren't cheap. If you know the owners won't spend on good players, they won't spend their money. No one wants to be a sucker.
9. Seriously, even though I don't want them going to games, there are fans like trollboy, who really felt disenfranchised when Gruden was fired.
10. Lower the price so people spend more on other things once they're drunk. Maybe when FL follows Colorado they can build a smokeshack and charge you your first/born child? 

All kidding aside, 7 dollar beers do nothing to make me want to go to games, although, that just adds up, it's not the main problem of course.

JasonOfthetower

Hall of Famer
#12 : November 13, 2012, 07:45:29 AM

All kidding aside, 7 dollar beers do nothing to make me want to go to games, although, that just adds up, it's not the main problem of course.
Then drink before the game during your tailgate. No one says you have to buy their beer and if you spring for the souvenir soda you get free refills.

JDouble

Hall of Famer
#13 : November 13, 2012, 07:50:09 AM

"Buccaneers winning, but fans are losers as low attendance blacks out games"

Fixed the the title with a slight tweek.

JavaRay

Hall of Famer

#14 : November 13, 2012, 07:54:01 AM

Then drink before the game during your tailgate. No one says you have to buy their beer and if you spring for the souvenir soda you get free refills.

$7 for a beer is cheap anyway.  Any nice nightclub in town here charges at least $10 for a beer.   

Page: 1 2 3 ... 9
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Buccaneers winning, but fans lose as low attendance blacks out games « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools