Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Buccaneers winning, but fans lose as low attendance blacks out games « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 ... 9

tripblood

Hall of Famer

#15 : November 13, 2012, 08:05:45 AM

All kidding aside, 7 dollar beers do nothing to make me want to go to games, although, that just adds up, it's not the main problem of course.
Then drink before the game during your tailgate. No one says you have to buy their beer and if you spring for the souvenir soda you get free refills.

$7 for a beer is cheap anyway.  Any nice nightclub in town here charges at least $10 for a beer.

Id rather pick up a trailer park bltch on $2 drinks at Green Iguana..

Show No MRSA..

FIRE SCHIANO!!!!

Its so hard for me to sit back on this forum, lookin at a guy on here, holler in\' my name!  When last year i spent more on 5 electric bills from this side of the country to the other, than you made! You\'re talkin to the Rolex wearing, diamond earring wearing, kiss-stealin, WOOOO!, wheelin dealin\', CTS drivin, jet-flyin sonofagun.. And I\'m havin a hard time holding these alligators down! WOOOO!

BUCPOWER.COM

Second String

#16 : November 13, 2012, 08:06:49 AM

"Its disheartening to many fans who would really like to catch the gridiron contests on the tube, considering the Buccaneers are now over the .500 hump with the win against Philip Rivers and the chargers yesterday"

If they are real fans, they would be at the game and not wanting to watch it on TV in the first place.    This franchise cannot do any more to make it easier and affordable to watch them play live.   There will always be some unfortunates who cannot afford it but that is live.  For the rest of the so-called fans, enjoy the game on the radio or some crappy net feed.

JDouble

Hall of Famer
#17 : November 13, 2012, 08:16:33 AM

If they are real fans, they would be at the game and not wanting to watch it on TV in the first place. 

Not true.

Gotta agree with the lady here. The blackouts piss me off as much as anyone, maybe more....but not everyone is a live game type of fan. Some life long fans just like to have friends over and watch the game on their big screen, or go to the local sports pub to cheer for their team. It doesn't mean they aren't fans.

Draft Aaron Donald

BucNY

Hall of Famer

#18 : November 13, 2012, 08:46:43 AM

I still think the economy has a lot to do with it.

Many of my Buc fan friends claim they would go, especially now, but can't spare the funds.

Such a bull crap excuse. Really is. Your telling me your friend can't cut $30 somewhere else in his budget to be able to get to a game?

It costs literally 2-3 times that amount to get into a Giants game. They have no problem selling out. Trust me friend NY isn't doing anyone any favors, they take more money from their tax paying residents at every turn.

Bottom line is this. If you're broke, you're broke. If you aren't completely broke you go to the game if you're a fan. Florida's economy crashed before NY and is recovering before NY. I'd eat hotdogs all week if I could see a buc game for $30.

\\\\\\\"This forum needs a poster like BucNY now more than ever\\\\\\\"
      - Everyone

JohnBuc06

Starter

#19 : November 13, 2012, 09:37:02 AM

Fans aren't showing up at the stadium in protest that the Bucs failed to hire Mike Mularkey as the new HC.

I doubt that's it.    That bomb of firing a great coach like Gruden and hiring a buffoon like Raheem is still in the fan's minds.    It will take about 10 winning seasons to forget that.

I actually agree here ...whether you liked Gruden or not he was the face of this franchise.  At that time there was the start of some apathy from the fan base due to the belief the owners were not putting any money into this team and focussing completely on ManU.  Then they fired the face of the Franchise and replaced him with Raheem????  That I believe is when the non hard-core fan base gave up on this organization.  While I don't think it will take 10 winning seasons to get them back I do think its going to take more than 1 good season to bring them around.

olafberserker

Hall of Famer
#20 : November 13, 2012, 10:13:31 AM

"Its disheartening to many fans who would really like to catch the gridiron contests on the tube, considering the Buccaneers are now over the .500 hump with the win against Philip Rivers and the chargers yesterday"

If they are real fans, they would be at the game and not wanting to watch it on TV in the first place.   

this isn't necessarily true

This franchise cannot do any more to make it easier and affordable to watch them play live.   

most of the things they have done have only recently been implemented over the past year or so

olafberserker

Hall of Famer
#21 : November 13, 2012, 10:41:53 AM

Many of my Buc fan friends claim they would go, especially now, but can't spare the funds.

Such a bull crap excuse. Really is. Your telling me your friend can't cut $30 somewhere else in his budget to be able to get to a game?

It costs literally 2-3 times that amount to get into a Giants game. They have no problem selling out. Trust me friend NY isn't doing anyone any favors, they take more money from their tax paying residents at every turn.

Bottom line is this. If you're broke, you're broke. If you aren't completely broke you go to the game if you're a fan. Florida's economy crashed before NY and is recovering before NY. I'd eat hotdogs all week if I could see a buc game for $30.

There are over 8 million people in the 5 boroughs alone.   around 20 million in the metropolitan area.  compare that to around 4 million in the tampa bay area and let's not even discuss the vast difference in corporate $$$$$.  you're comparing apples to oranges.

Hate

Hall of Famer
#22 : November 13, 2012, 11:06:20 AM

Not true.

Gotta agree with the lady here. The blackouts piss me off as much as anyone, maybe more....but not everyone is a live game type of fan. Some life long fans just like to have friends over and watch the game on their big screen, or go to the local sports pub to cheer for their team. It doesn't mean they aren't fans.

Nope....but it does mean they shouldn't complain. Its really pretty simple.... u wanna guarantee you'll see the game, buy a ticket!!

-------------------------------------------------------

TBayXXXVII

Hall of Famer

#23 : November 13, 2012, 11:07:57 AM

There are over 8 million people in the 5 boroughs alone.   around 20 million in the metropolitan area.  compare that to around 4 million in the tampa bay area and let's not even discuss the vast difference in corporate $$$$$.  you're comparing apples to oranges.

Not saying you're wrong, but there is some legitimacy to BucNY's claim.  Two things you're not be factoring in is that #1.. the stadium is in Jersey, not New York.  While even just to Times Square, it about 10 miles away, you're talking a minmum of the 30 minutes drive time... on a normal day.  I get that every team has fans that are traveling, but how many have such a large group coming over bridges, through tunnels, and via subway system?  All of these cause extra traffic/waiting or what have you.  Just to get to a Giants game, most fans from NY have to leave at 8 am, just get there in a reasonable time before kickoff.  Sure, tailgaters do that all the time, but not all fans are tailgaters.  #2... You may not realize this, but there's this other team in Jersey called the Jets.  They have fans in there too.  Also, the Eagles are only an hour away as well.  So, while while there could 25-30 million people in the area, you'd have to allow that they are evenly split among the 3 teams.  So at most, you're talking about 10 million per team.  So, while agree with you that the Giants have a bigger fan base than the Bucs... it's possibly only 2.5 times greater, not 8 to 10 times greater.

GameTime

Hall of Famer
#24 : November 13, 2012, 11:39:18 AM

1.Doesn't matter. Fairweather fans help fill the stadium. A welcome addition.
2. Nope. I had no clue. Seriously, better bring something with a zoom or stay home.
3. What bar do you go to? Are you sure you're not in RJS drinking those gold filled cups? (You have to include parking and gas w/ticket you know)
4. PC watching does suck. But for the poor guy who pays taxes on RJS, but can't watch it on TV.. a blessing.
5. Main reason. Most can agree.
6.Who cares? Handouts are a wonderful way of showing appriciation. Maybe give 'em to a friend that is a bucs fan? Again, filling stands no matter what...
7. Agreed, but the radio and bad PC links cloud judgment. Inconsistant.
8. Season tickets aren't cheap. If you know the owners won't spend on good players, they won't spend their money. No one wants to be a sucker.
9. Seriously, even though I don't want them going to games, there are fans like trollboy, who really felt disenfranchised when Gruden was fired.
10. Lower the price so people spend more on other things once they're drunk. Maybe when FL follows Colorado they can build a smokeshack and charge you your first/born child? 

All kidding aside, 7 dollar beers do nothing to make me want to go to games, although, that just adds up, it's not the main problem of course.

1.  if you need fairweather fans to hit 85%, we should expect a lot of blackouts.
2.  ive sat pretty high at RJS and always enjoyed it.
3.  it takes gas to get to bars as well.  id rather be at RJS or at home.
4.  how much do you think the average person in the bay area pays in RJS taxes annually?
5.  i think the economy is more of a crutch, or excuse.
6.  handouts shouldnt affect blackouts...unless businesses are not buying tickets.  which only means we have too many fans that will only go to games with free tickets.
7.  i hate local radio.  they bashed the Bucs constantly, never giving shiano a chance.  now they love him and the team?
8.  i agree season tickets are expensive.  but single game tickets arent bad imo.
9.  some people think they are better than others.
10.  sounds good, but these guys spend big dollars to find ways to maximize profits.

\"Lets put the O back in Country\"

olafberserker

Hall of Famer
#25 : November 13, 2012, 11:55:41 AM

Not saying you're wrong, but there is some legitimacy to BucNY's claim.  Two things you're not be factoring in is that #1.. the stadium is in Jersey, not New York.  While even just to Times Square, it about 10 miles away, you're talking a minmum of the 30 minutes drive time... on a normal day.  I get that every team has fans that are traveling, but how many have such a large group coming over bridges, through tunnels, and via subway system?  All of these cause extra traffic/waiting or what have you.  Just to get to a Giants game, most fans from NY have to leave at 8 am, just get there in a reasonable time before kickoff.  Sure, tailgaters do that all the time, but not all fans are tailgaters.  #2... You may not realize this, but there's this other team in Jersey called the Jets.  They have fans in there too.  Also, the Eagles are only an hour away as well.  So, while while there could 25-30 million people in the area, you'd have to allow that they are evenly split among the 3 teams.  So at most, you're talking about 10 million per team.  So, while agree with you that the Giants have a bigger fan base than the Bucs... it's possibly only 2.5 times greater, not 8 to 10 times greater.
again, nyers commute a long distance/time on a regular basis.   I went to a Bucs/Giants game a few years ago and it took no more than an hour for me to get to the Meadowlands via public transportation.   Again there are 8 million + in the boroughs alone and there is a ton of corporate support.  It's apples to oranges any way you slice it.  And you are smoking something if you think there is an equal split between giant, jet, and eagle fans in that area.

BucfanNC12

Pro Bowler

#26 : November 13, 2012, 12:25:04 PM

Its amazing. Sports is the only product were customers are blamed for not supporting it. Yet no one blames the NFL half as much for the blackout rules than they do fans. How backwards is that.

Edit: I am also surprised fans not talking about companies buying tickets. I am sure they use to help games sellout.
: November 13, 2012, 12:27:47 PM BucfanNC12

RHBucsFan

Pro Bowler

#27 : November 13, 2012, 12:30:39 PM

Why do so many of you get so angry that the stadium doesn't fill up and sell out? Who cares.
If you want to go see your Bucs, buy a ticket and enjoy yourself. Have fun. What difference does it make to you whether your fellow Tampa resident decides to attend with you? Does this take away from your enjoyment of the game?
I understand being annoyed that it's not on TV if that's where you prefer to watch it, but I don't get the guys that attend the games and get upset that others are not attending for whatever reason.
: November 13, 2012, 12:37:04 PM RHBucsFan

BucBalla85

Hall of Famer

#28 : November 13, 2012, 12:33:46 PM

Well guys that do pay to see games dont want to see this team get moved else where. If the fans dont show up it opens that conversation. Fans do the little they can to talk anybody to going to the games. I can see where those people are coming from. 

RHBucsFan

Pro Bowler

#29 : November 13, 2012, 12:36:12 PM

this team is not going anywhere.
Page: 1 2 3 4 ... 9
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Buccaneers winning, but fans lose as low attendance blacks out games « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools